Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:55 am

The youth let out a soft chuckle and shook his head.
"Ah well, I guess I should be grateful you two are still keeping it civilized" he smirked. "Although for what it's worth, I would love to see your work Cass" Charlie added with a sweet smile at the Toreador.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:04 am

"You know I would happily oblige you, Charlie. It really is some of my best work and I welcome a critical eye," she smiled to the Brujah most genuinely.

"You know..." She looked at Marvin. "You can still change your mind. You just have to say the word."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:13 am

He smiled. "I too would love to see what you created. It is why I funded the project. What then is the cost of getting that little card from your dress? "
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:19 am

"Say 'please'. And then tell me how badly you want to see it."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:44 am

"Please. And for how badly? Enough I'll break into your computer to see them if I have too. Your work is as delightful and as stunning as you are. I actually do want to see what has become an extension of yourself "
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:51 am

She chuckled, fishing the card back out from her dress. Holding it back between two fingers, she handed the card to Marvin.

"You drive such a hard bargain, my friend. Fire it up."

She took her legs off of Marvin and twisted her body until her feet hit the ground softly. Cass then stood and padded off into the kitchen. She needed a drink... blood would have to do for now. And she wasn't above helping herself while the boys dove into the picture files.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:53 am

"So close" Charlie chuckled. "Never mind me teaching you to fight. I do think etiquette lessons would be more in your favour" the youth winked before letting himself fall back onto the couch again and grinning up at the Malkavian even if his eyes followed Cass when she got up.
"You need to learn gentle Marvin"
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:03 pm

"Load these up will ya" he said passing the card to Charlie

Marvin walked up behind Cass and put his arms around her waist "you know, I actually wouldn't break into your stuff. No more breaking Cass or her things. But I do want to see what you did, because I know it will be as incredible as you "
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:11 pm

"Then why couldn't you just say that? Hmm?" She gave him a soft smile. "It would have been much easier. Sometimes it pays to be a wee bit more gentler than you come off."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:17 pm

"Well I just did now didn't i? " he said while kissing the back of her neck "I keep forgetting you don't have my same humor "
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:20 pm

Another soft laugh. "Most people on the planet don't have your humor, darling," she sighed. Her eyes fell on Charlie as she poured herself a small amount of blood.

"You need to be topped off over there, sugar?" She idly wondered if he could load up the photos on the computer... Or if Marvin just threw him under the bus over there.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:37 pm

"It's a learning experience. I want to see if he can muddle through it. Tell me, will I be as impressed as I think I will be? "
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:43 pm

"I really couldn't say. I haven't altered the photos. And usually, I only have mortals see them... the ones that can be seen and still keep me relatively under the radar. You'll just have to look at them and find out."

Which meant that this was going to be nerve wracking enough. She'd honestly rather not be around when they looked at them, but here she was and there they were.

"But your opinions and the fact that either of you saw them does not leave this room... Got it?" She was all serious and tensed when she said it. Cass would not fuck around with this.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:10 pm

"Shhh relax love " he said before nibbling lightly on her neck in a way that let her know the fangs were there if she wanted them. " nothing leaves this room. I think it will be delightful "
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:25 pm

"Then get over there before your window of opportunity shrinks and I change my mind..."

The sentence wasn't pissy or cool or mean in anyway. But she really was having second thoughts. This was a limit she'd yet to breach, even though she was determined to see it through.

She pressed the glass to her lips, knocking it back like a shot of alcohol, wishing it was alcohol.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Another squeeze around her waist and he was gone to see Charlie.

"You got it figured out yet Charlie? " he smiled
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 3:32 pm

A basic tutorial, an eidetic memory and the fact that most flash drives were polite enough to promt themselves meant he had indeed got it up and running.
I'm not completely useless" he said with a hint of a smile as he turned the machine towards Marvin. "You can hook it up to the tv can't you?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 4:08 pm

The images began to pop up before they had a chance to hook it up to the television. There were only 7 images on the card... But... it was a few of her best shots. Cass turned her back to them so that her elbows rested on the counter.

The following images were there-- whether they tethered the computer to the tv or not:

A Jazz Funeral in New Orleans (WOD Result: 14, Black and White)

The Vegas Strip (WOD Result: 10, Sepia tone)

Silver Bridge Collapse, West Virgnia (WOD Result: 12, Black and White)

Mount Ranier in Washington State (WOD Result: 11, Color)

Burlesque Dancers (WOD Result: 10, Color)

Georgetown County African American Cemetery, South Carolina (WOD Result: 15, Color)

Kitty Hawk, North Carolina (WOD Result: 14, Sepia tone)
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Marvin let out a low whistle of surprise. "Cass why have you been hiding these treasures for so long?" Highly impressed malkavian was impressed [list][*]
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:07 pm

Cass did not move from her position. She knocked another small amount of blood back, keeping her back to them. She offered no comment of her own.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:55 pm

"Cass dear, seriously why were you worried about what people would think? I would have given you ten times as much just for one of these images to be published in all honesty."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:05 am

"Those photographs cannot be published as is. Look at them, you know they can't."

Cass turned, placing her hands on the counter, almost as if defeated in some way.

"And they were part of a bigger project. I can get away with taking some photos and selling them to mortals here and there and it's no big deal. So long as I stick to mortal circles, things don't get... destroyed."

She shook her head.

"I took your challenge. The project that is meant for kindred eyes will be revealed in a short manner of time."

And then accept the consequences that will come with doing so...

"Call me a horrible Toreador when it comes to my art. I prefer to horde it and fly under the radar."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:21 am

"Well it is incredible art, and I'm honored to see some of this. Set a price, I want a copy of this picture of Rainier. Please...."

He looked at her, awaiting a reply. Yeah, he really wanted a copy of that pic.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:51 am

The youth studied the picture in silence, steel blue eyes drinking in the motifs with a look Almost as if hypnotized. Even when Marvin first spoke up the expression remained on Charlie's face a few moments longer, finally blinking as if awakening from a day dream as he pried his gaze away from the screen and turned to Cass with a pleased smile.
//"Simply magnificent"// the change to French took him a moment to realize. "These are wonderful..."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:29 am

To Marvin, she shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. "Then take a copy of it and consider it me paying you back on the your investment. "

When Charlie spoke, Cass had rested her head on the back of her hand. She was still leaning over the counter. But between his and Marvin's compliments, she seemed a bit more relaxed.

"Thank you, Charlie. I guess they're examples of how hard I'm willing to work for what I want. Maybe... I just hope the overall project comes out as nice. But, I have to wait and see, I suppose."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower   An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An exchange of knowledge (Open) - The White Tower
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next