Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower Empty
PostSubject: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 10:45 am

So it was closer to an hour and a half later when Cass stepped off the elevator and into Charlie's apartment. She had a brown paper bag in her hands and a small bag over her right arm. The contents of the bag clinked musically together. A smile was evident on her face from the get go.

"So you receptionist downstairs? Yeah, I think I confuse the hell out of him," she said in greeting as she walked in and moved toward the first flat surface she saw in order to put the bag down.

Last edited by Storyteller on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:05 am

Charlie (no jacket though obviously), looked up from the couch when he heard the elevator arrive and got to his feet with a happy smile at seeing her again. Especially in a seemingly happy state and without any blood to obscure her features. Truly, if he ever got greeted by that sight again he wouldn't think twice about gutting the offender.
As things were now though, that idea was nowhere near his line of thoughts as he held hid hands out and tilted his head to the side with an appreciative look at her.

"My oh my, now there's a sight for the Gods"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:15 am

She grinned at him and moved closer, greeting him with a soft kiss. "You like?" Cass chuckled, even as her eyes moved to scan him... You know, like she does.

"Looking good yourself."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:24 am

He moved his arms around her when she kissed him, returning the touch with smiling lips before opening his eyes to gaze at her gain. "I like it a lot" Charlie chuckled, his hands briefly drifting to her hips to give them a light squeeze.
"Perhaps you need to hang onto that credit card after all hm?"
The youth grinned and leaned over to pick up the brown paper bag if she didn't mind.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:35 am

"Perhaps," she let her touch linger on him as he moved past toward the bag which had two bottles inside of it. She kept her grin.

"But this isn't even the dress I bought with it," she gave him a wink.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:40 am

"Mmm, even better then" he traced a finger along the contour of her jaw and let it linger underneath her chin for a moment or two. "I got more to look forward to then" Charlie smiled, his lips briefly touching hers before pulling away and heading for the kitchen while opening the bag to pull out one of the bottles.

"Hm, not bad at first glance" he placed one of the bottles on the counter. "Where did you get it?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:45 am

"Libations of Alexandria... Only place I knew to go. Marvin took me there the first night I was in town. A Setite run establishment, if I remember correctly. As a warning, it wasn't cheap."

She kicked off her stiletto heels and plopped down on the couch, arms stretched out over the back of the cushions. She crossed her legs as she watched Charlie, seemingly content for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:51 am

Ah, a Setite place. Icky.

He smiled though, putting the other bottle away in the fridge before picking a couple of glasses off the shelf and taking the bottle in the other hand to make his way back over to her.
"The price doesn't matter much" the youth smiled at her, placing the glass on the table and opening the bottle to pour each of them half glass before sitting down himself.
"As my father used to say; the Third Reich is paying"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:57 am

"The Third Reich? Well if that doesn't bring up some memories..." She took one of the glasses from him. And in the blink of an eye, the contents were just plain gone. Must be another hobby of hers.

"I only documented the war efforts on this side of the pond, though. Sounds stupid for saying, but the war didn't hit as hard for me like the first one did," she gave a light shrug of her shoulders.

"There's nothing like hearing your drunk father going off on wild schemes and plans he has to kill the Kaiser at 2am on a nightly basis. Not that he didn't have reason."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:05 pm

"Now" he leaned over to pour her another glass and handing it to her before picking up his own and sipping at the liquid. "That makes it sound like we have a few things in common right there. The first war did hit harder than the second in a lot of way, at least for me personally. And I know a thing or two about obsessive parents talking about killing high standing leaders. Hell I got to listen to it through two wars" the youth said with a hint of a smirk as he sipped at his glass again.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:11 pm

"Something tells me that even with the commonalities, having obsessive European parents would be different from having obsessive American ones," she smiled, only sipping at the second drink.

"Typical New Yorkers, they were. Dad actually had a good thing going. An affluent member of society, you could say. He wasn't... happy... when we entered the war. Or at least I remember my mother saying so. My brothers left right away to join the army. It was a strain. Made it worse when one of them didn't come back. My father never recovered from it, really."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:17 pm

Charlie rested his elbow on the back of the sofa, his cheek resting against the back of his hand as he watched her.

"My... parents didn't get involved in the War" he said. "My mother wouldn't speak up and my father had enough status and influences to avoid being drafted" the youth said with a hint of disdain to his voice even after all these years. "I was lucky enough to be found my proper father though, so I in that aspect I got off easier than your family did I reckon"
Charlie managed a smile as soon as he was no longer speaking of his birth parents.
"My father was American"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:31 pm

"You're speaking of your sire, then?" She smiled. "You must have been close to call him by such a term of endearment. I hear kindred refer to their sires in such an affectionate manner a lot, I just... Don't count myself among those who do."

She wasn't sad in speaking about it, not at all. Her tone was merely matter-of-fact.

"Yours was American-- by birth, I take it? Mine moved here from France or Belgium or... Somewhere in there. Guess they didn't like her there either," she chuckled and took another sip.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:07 pm

"Sires are no different from other family I think. There are some good, and there are plenty bad with a fair few in-between" he smiled gently. "I'm sorry yours wasn't a more endearing figure. Though she must've been closely related to de'Ville if she couldn't even make friends in Europe" the youth added with a soft chuckle, still gently cradling his glass in one hand.

"And yes, my father was through and through American really. Sometimes I didn't quite get him, but then again he didn't get me either half the time. Claimed it was the French and British combination that left me a mystery I think"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:16 pm

"To be frank, if Jennica has any endearing traits, I've never seen them. I wouldn't count ruthlessness as a good one. The moment it was clear that she was a Nazi sympathizer, among other things, the ship sailed. I just thank my lucky stars I wasn't with her at that point."

She took another sip and then set her glass aside, fidgeting with the chain around her neck.

"But it can't be easy. If Sam thought you were a mystery, maybe it was just because you both were from different worlds. The American mindset is... More lackadaisical, from what I understand. And we have mouths. Big ones. That tend to get us a lot of attention and trouble," she chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:29 pm

"Yeah, Sam had a big mouth but it was part of his charm really" Charlie smiled lifting the glass but ending up not taking a sip even though it lingered at his lips for a few moments. "Most of the time anyways" he added with a soft chuckle. "He was honest at least. Dedicated if blunt, very blunt. And.. a good father really. I couldn't have asked for a better family"
The difference in his tone of voice when speaking of his Sire as compared to his mortal family was easily noticeable. Seemed he felt he had no reason to cover that up.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:34 pm

Truly, Cass really hated that word... family. It meant too many different things to different people. Too many families torn apart for whatever reason. Families just... didn't work.

But the smile didn't fade. She was more than happy to listen to Charlie no matter the subject-- without flinching and with considerable interest.

"He sounds like he was really wonderful. And that you really loved him, Charlie. That makes me happy."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:47 pm

"He was a good man" the youth smiled, finally sipping at his drink again and leaving but a few drops at the bottom of the glass.
"The world's worse off without him"

He reached over to pick up the bottle, smiling at her again.
"Another glass?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:51 pm

"Please," she smiled, scooting her glass closer to him.

"I wish... that our sire's fates could be switched. And I am very sorry for your loss, Charlie."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:57 pm

Pouring her a glass first he then poured himself a second half full one before placing the bottle back on the table.
"The past can't be changed. But the future's ours to do with as we wish" Charlie smiled at her. "I miss him. Chances are I always will. But I still have my memories of him, and no one can take that from me. He helped make me who I am, and for that I will always be grateful"

The youth leaned back into the sofa again, eyes still on her with that ever lingering smile to his lips.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 2:24 pm

"Then that is something that I will be grateful for as well," she smiled, still watching him carefully.

"To... Memories..."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 2:25 pm

He watched her for a few moments before raising his glass as well.
"To memories" the youth smiled gently.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 2:35 pm

She clinked her glass to his and took a long sip.

"Do you have a favorite memory?"
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 2:38 pm

"A favourite one?" he asked over the edge of his glass before lowering his hand to gently cradle it. "There are several I treasure, though of different nature so comparing them is perhaps not completely fair" Charlie smiled, tilting his head slightly to the side. "If you can be a bit more specific maybe I can answer you better"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 2:46 pm

"Alright," she put the glass down again and headed toward her bag, pulling out her small digital camera.

"You still have the memory card I gave you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower   Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spoiled (Charlie/Open) - The White Tower
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next