Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair Empty
PostSubject: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:40 am

The near-impossibly pretty 'ghoul' (Appearance 6) was waiting outside the gates, clipboard in hand, looking quite attentive while flanked to either side of the entrance by a pair of obviously heavily armed guards. Well dressed, automatic-rifle-or-automatic-shotgun-armed guards.

When the cars stopped, the center one even with the gates, she stepped forward the two steps necessary to open the door.

Last edited by Storyteller on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Bella Maurice
Methuselah
Bella Maurice

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:14 pm

Bella glanced at the woman, a tinge of jealousy and admiration in her gaze. She continued forward, glancing observantly at her surroundings.
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:28 pm

The vehicles stayed behind, the same driver exiting the vehicle to close the door behind the Malkavian as they departed through the security gates that had opened enough for the pair.

"Thank you for coming, Miss Maurice. I trust that the journey was satisfactory?" She smiled -- No, she was already smiling, but the voice was obviously the one from the phone. "Mister Olav does take quite a bit of pride in his work, being Mister de Sforza's chief of security. Is there anything that I can get for you?"

The gates were closed behind them, the vehicles remaining in place with the quiet rumbling of two of the engines being diesel-powered with high capacity engines.
Back to top Go down
Bella Maurice
Methuselah
Bella Maurice

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:34 pm

"Thank you," She had softly called back to the driver as he shut the door for her, her gaze taking everything they could in as she followed quietly behind the woman. "His pride is well deserved. I'm fine for now, thank you.."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:17 pm

In short, there were prized federal institutions that seemed less secure, and there was certain cause to believe there was more than what was obvious. From the 'short' walk from the gates to the front steps to the larger-than-others mansion, there had to be at least two dozen similarly equipped guards, but not a sound was made throughout any of them, not even the tell-tale clicking from what had to be a secretary's heels betrayed her presence immediately next to the Harpy, only the actual sight of her did.

She was led through the front set of enormous doors, both sides as well as interior/exterior flanked by another pair of guards, and into the 'house.' After a series of halls, each barren of any identifying marks, carpeting, or even artwork, with the floor's tiling that seemed to almost amplify any sound made upon it. Finally, the pair stopped at a set of nondescript doors that looked the same as any other set that they had previously passed.

"If you do decide you need anything, I'll be right outside," she said, still smiling as she opened the double doors with complete silence, and then announced into the room "Harpy Bella Maurice, sir," and moved to the side, allowing entry and sight into the room.

Inside, the room was nothing but black. The floor was a black stonework, the large table was the same, though showed many signs of aging. The walls and ceiling were laquered black wood and from the center of the ceiling hung a wrought iron 'chandelier,' many black-waxen candles burning from easily a hundred points within it. At the table were eight stone 'chairs' -- thrones described them better, truly -- one at the head, one at the foot, and three on either length. At the head sat the man she came to meet, in a different but identically colored suit (Black, of course) with a stack of papers centred on the table before him.

"Please, have a seat, Harpy," he motioned to the remaining seven places at the table.
Back to top Go down
Bella Maurice
Methuselah
Bella Maurice

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:24 pm

She walked towards him, sitting in the seat to his right. "Thank you for seeing me, Sig. Sforza." She nodded to him graciously, "And for hosting the meeting in your lovely abode."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:52 pm

The pair were a sign of contrast, truly. While the parchment-white of his skin made itself obvious in the blackened room, the inhumanity he embodied shone a stark difference to her embrace of everything Mortal. Bony hands rest upon the top of the table, inches from the closest edge of the stack of papers.

"Of course, Harpy. You'll have to excuse the location, however, as the idea of the Regency forming the sole Elysium in this domain is near comedic, despite the tragedy it may be. As poorly defensible as it is I refuse to spend more time than absolutely necessary in that structure, despite the extermination of the Sabbat in the region," he watched her with the same uncaring eyes he had at the Court meeting, in no way avoiding eye contact, but more likely searching directly for it with an unblinking gaze.

"What can I do for you this evening, hmm?" In more emotional creatures, it might've sounded inquisitive or curious. For him, it was just the same as words being recited from a sheet of paper.
Back to top Go down
Bella Maurice
Methuselah
Bella Maurice

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:04 pm

Bella held his gaze, though she blinked and breathed in a habitual way.

"I know you were the Seneschal of this domain, and the King in Yellow speaks more highly of you than I have heard him speak of anyone. I feel as though I haven't spoken with as many people as I should have, and that you would be an excellent person to speak to about the domain."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:27 pm

He nodded, signaling acknowledgement for her sake.

"With the... young Nosferatu's rise, it marks the third such holder of the position in less than two years. With the uncomfortably large amount of exposure to the public that his Majesty Alexander prefers, the position is largely pointless.

"As far as the King, he and I have completed several positive business dealings in previous times. As with many with such experiences as the two of us, we have opportunities to support one another."

He moved his right hand to indicate the stack of papers on the desk.

"This is the current contact information with corresponding names and clans of each Harpy and Seneschal within the Camarilla from records of my own updated nightly. You may ask whatever questions of the denizens you like tonight, or take this data. Or you may negotiate for more."
Back to top Go down
Bella Maurice
Methuselah
Bella Maurice

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:28 pm

She eyed the stack of papers with almost a jealous hunger, before returning her emerald gaze to Anton's own gaze. "What sort of negotiations are you looking for?"
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:00 am

"That is for you to determine and negotiate what you would offer, not knowing if it would be of use or not."
Back to top Go down
Bella Maurice
Methuselah
Bella Maurice

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:30 am

"Are you a fan of boons, Sig. Sforza?" She asked, straightening her skirt. "I've noticed the boon economy in Port st. Lucie is lacking."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:41 am

He shook his head once.

"I'm afraid to inform you that I have little need for most boons, and owe a single one myself due to that very same deficiency this domain possesses in an attempt to right it. In addition to many of those residing for any considerable amount of time in your former domain seem to evidence repeated signs of a self-annihilation impulse, there is little to determine which will throw themselves into the sun, into a Lupine, or worse, making their boons owed rather useless."
Back to top Go down
Bella Maurice
Methuselah
Bella Maurice

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:42 am

"I am unsure what I can provide you that you don't already have.. skills you have not learned yet, if there are any disciplines I know you do not. Knowledges, if there are any I have learned you have not. My service in one matter or another."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 11:59 am

He regarded her for a solid minute before answering, a silence filling the room rather completely before he answered.

"Ask your questions. They will decide if you will leave with names, numbers, and associations, as the domain is of more import at this time than calling the globe."
Back to top Go down
Bella Maurice
Methuselah
Bella Maurice

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 10:56 pm

She left her gaze on the papers for one final moment, before turning the emerald orbs to him, a small sigh escaping her lips. "As you know this Domain better than I, any names and numbers useful to saving this Domain from the Carnival, by whatever means, so that I may call as the Harpy of Port St. Lucie and spread the word for others who may also encounter it.

"At a later, more appropriate time, I'll return to inquire about the rest."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 12:54 pm

"Unfortunately, there is little that can be done to ward against the Circus. Survivors of previous encounters with it are unlikely to be of any help, more often warning against interaction with it than somewhat else. I would hazard an estimation that it is significantly older than the King or I, probably even with our lengthy ages combined," he shook his head at the thought.

"If it comes to take someone, there is little that can be done to stop it. It is capable of travel and operation on every plane of existence, the triumverate leading it being most often referred to as the Infernal Trinity. Whether that is due to interaction with the denizens from what is most easily referred to as Hell or if they are simply an evil beyond most comprehension of evil is unknown to my records. I would assume that it is a combination of the two, myself. It is said that the Trinity do not share supernatural types, as well. An estimation would suggest Vampiric, twisted Garou and demented Magi to form it, others are less stable in leadership positions. Perhaps an oddity in a stable Wraith would replace one or another, or a Faerie... But they are unlikely, from well documented information regarding each type's stability -- physical, emotional, metaphysical, and mental -- the power curve of their specific existence, and methods of control over others.

"Equally unfortunate is that there are no methods capable of tracking it. Not to our most accomplished seers or magicians, regardless of clan. Not to the shifting Lupines -- Garou or otherwise. Not to the Enlightened Magi, not to the Wraithly. The entities most likely capable of merely tracking it, if any, are likely the eternal demigods of Egypt, and that is purely speculation.

"While devouring an entire city or domain would be childsplay to it, it seems unlikely that it would do such. It seems to be outside of the intent of its existence. Speculation would suggest individuals abducted and kept are to provide specialty skills and abilities, whether due to new need or attrition of numbers. This domain will survive for that reason, unless someone has chosen to attract the Trinity's attentions. Positively or negatively doesn't matter, but those three are likely to be the only to order the Carnival's complete destruction of a city or complete abduction. A collection of every supernatural type would not likely agree long enough to make such effort successful, otherwise."
Back to top Go down
Bella Maurice
Methuselah
Bella Maurice

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 1:58 pm

"Then I will focus on spreading the word of the dangers, and of my proposed negative status should anyone prove foolish enough to even consider going. I assume if they do go, it will be of no problem, as I doubt they'll return." She stood from her seat, giving a slight curtsey. "Once this place and the people are safe once more, I will return to negotiate. It seems too much of a minor thing compared to what's happening now."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:52 am

"If that is your opinion on the matter, I will not impede your departure, however the perception of this threat is largely inflated. The circus, carnival, sideshow... whatever moniker one decides to give it, it will come and it will go. It will leave its mark, whatever it ends up deciding is suitable for the time it spends in the domain's vicinity... And then it will go. The domain will remain, and unless some fool like your clanmate Marvin Johnson infuriates its rulers or if individuals choose to follow any abducted or idiotic clanmate or coteriemate into it, the domain will remain largely intact.

"Realize that if it indeed is fueled by something Infernal, as the title its ruling triumverate has taken, it will likely feed on such negative emotions such as fear. Fear of it, fear of what is within it, fear of being locked within it... These are not things to dwell on, as dated and useless as such emotions are in the first place. Grooming the denizens of the domain to surpass their shortcomings and failures, that will allow both their growth as individuals as well as steel them for the dangers they may or may not face in the future. Carnival, Lupine, Sword of Caine, Gehenna.... It matters not the specific threat, if one sheds each weakness they have, they will survive, they will persevere, and those around them will grow from it as much as the individual does.

"Now, you have chosen to forgo the information on the Camarilla's social leadership," he tapped the papers again. "In lieu of asking questions regarding the domain's residents. What questions would you ask of those many topics, as you have already received what information I have on the Carnival? If you, I, or the majority of the Primogen are taken by the Carnival, these questions may not be available for answer in that eventuality."
Back to top Go down
Bella Maurice
Methuselah
Bella Maurice

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:13 pm

Bella straightened her skirt once more, pursing her lips a bit before responding. "I'm afraid the previous Harpy's recollection of boons is.. a mess, at best. As far as status goes, my hope is that I can recall from memory what I know of the Camarilla. However, a list would be most beneficial - or at least, the favor of allowing me to present my list to you, once composed, for critique."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:23 pm

He nodded once. "Do you have something to take the records down on?"
Back to top Go down
Bella Maurice
Methuselah
Bella Maurice

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:32 pm

She tapped the side of her head once. "In, Sig. Sforza."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 12:03 am

He gave a somehow more skeptical than before look before continuing.

"Very well. I will not take kindly to having to repeat this. Chase Covington owes Estaban Fortunato a minor boon for direction to the King in Yellow's domain. Chase Covington owes the King in Yellow a blood boon for the violation of his domain. Harpy Tonne owes Renata Johnson, Brujah, a minor boon for tracking of one Mister Maltin, Malkavian. Renata Johnson owes Raz0r, Nosferatu, a minor boon for information regarding the whereabouts of Mister Maltin. Marvin Johnson, Malkavian, owes Ozzie Paxton, Caitiff, a trivial boon for direction within the domain. Henrietta Moreau, Brujah, owes Estaban Fortunato two trivial boons for the record of trivial boons owed by Victor Morton.

"Estaban Fortunato owes Benjamin Harding, Ventrue, a minor boon for opinion on the Primogen Council. As Renata Johnson took on every boon owed by Samuel Hensley, Deceased Brujah, Renata Johnson owes Thirteen, Nosferatu, a Major Boon. James McKay and Henrietta Moreau each owe Renata Johnson a Minor Boon for reasons that seem rather convoluted, you will have to ask Fortunato on the details. Cassiel Vella, Toreador, owes Charlie Cusack, Brujah, a major boon for security of goods. Victor Morton owes the residents of the domain during January 2011 a trivial boon each. Henrietta Moreau was seeking to procure the 29 in total, however I am not aware of where each presently sits. I believe he chose to give these away, free of charge, in an attempt to jumpstart an otherwise lifeless boon economy.

"I believe that concludes the boon economy for the last year that transpired within Elysium proper. Regretfully brief, but it seems that many are hesitant to indebt themselves in any degree they are not forced into."
Back to top Go down
Bella Maurice
Methuselah
Bella Maurice

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 12:07 am

Bella grinned daringly at the man across the desk from her, a small gleam in her eyes. "In a city full of people who disregard my status traits, Sig. Sforza, I should hope so."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 12:31 am

"If you are interested in words attributed to names, I would refer you to the ones I have allowed to remain associated with my own, Harpy. You see, there are many individuals that choose to remain in the middle flux of the court games of words and names, middling enough to not be looked down upon and not high enough to be sought after for every little thing that happens in a domain. Were it to become necessary, many more than a dozen Princes the world over would support my name, for any number of tasks completed for them in years long since forgotten. But, I leave such excesses for those who have enough pride to make a Catholic Confessor blush."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair   Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meetings with Birds (Bella) - Dragon's Lair
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next