Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:55 am

She smiled, stifling a small laugh.

"I assure you, I'm not. Just....wanted to give you something."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:57 am

He brushed his fingers down her cheek and along her jaw as he opened his eyes to gaze at her,
"Thank you Cassiel... I'll treasure it.."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:01 am

Cass took his hand, kissing it. She licked her fingers with his, holding his hand in her lap.

"Tell me about them?" Her request wads soft as she spoke of the pictures as she flipped through the pages.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:05 am

The youth nodded slowly, pulling her in close before turning the album back to the beginning, still with one hand linked with hers.
"Who do you want to know about..?" he asked with a soft smile as he turned the first page.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:18 am

She slowly turned to the image of Charlie with the two women and tapped the picture.

"What's there story, Charlie?"
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:41 am

"Anne and Rose?" he smiled and tilted his head slightly to the side as he drew his breath.
"Now they were... special" Charlie chuckled, lightly brushing a thumb across the picture as if he was brushing it across one of the womens cheeks.

"Rose there" he pointed to the girl on the left. "Was actually sent to kill me" Charlie smirked. "Sweet girl, deadly with a knife and a high priced assassin. Annabelle there" he pointed to the other woman. "was her partner. Excellent fighter, expert marksman. Loved strawberries and ginger ale of all things" he added with a soft chuckle.
"When Rose didn't return, Anne came for her, though as you can see, neither left again"
He tapped a manicured fingernail on the picture of the two sleeping women again.

"When Rose failed to kill me, it wasn't due to lack of skill but simply because she didn't know my true nature at the time. Had I been human things might've turned out differently, though I'll admit seducing her after having discovered her true motive first was... quite the thrill" he grinned. "Anne was a bit more stubborn, but with Rose already at my side all she needed was a little time to soften up before she too changed her mind about thole messy assassination plan" he turned to look at Cass again. "When they first drank of my blood it was because they wanted, not because I forced it on them. I'll admit, had they chosen to pass on the opportunity after learning of my nature, I would have had to kill them. The Masquerade must be maintained. But I didn't tell them that until after, not wanting anything to interfere with their decision"

Charlie let out a soft sigh, still smiling.
"They were with me for a good fifteen years or so. Lovely girls really, was a shame to loose them so soon" he shook his head slowly.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:38 am

Cass listened with rapt attention. Her lips parted just a little as her jaw dropped.

"Why was Rose trying to kill you? I think I've missed something? And why only 15 years?"
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:02 am

"Im my line of work you occasionally step on some toes, piss off the wrong people. She wasn't the first and won't be the last either" he said as if really, it was nothing. "And, they were only with me for fifteen years because they were killed" the youth looked to Cass with a soft smile with a hint of melancholy. "They died protecting me"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:07 am

Ouch...

Cass continued looking at the picture. God, that was sad. And she picked up on the slight depressing tone as he spoke.

"I'm sorry, Charlie. It sounds as if they truly did care for you."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:16 am

"Fifteen years are better than fourteen" he smiled, lifting his hand to touch her cheek. "They were lovely, but we don't live in a world of fairytales. They already knew the dark side of humanity. So at least they didn't go in blindly. Though I do find myself missing them now and then" the youth drew his breath with a lingering smile, the melancholy seemingly fading away as he gazed at her. "I care for those close to me, Cass. And I treasure what time they, or faith, is willing to give me"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:20 am

"Maybe missing them... Maybe missing them is what helps you to remember what you were before your embrace," she smiled softly. "But time can be so cruel... That's why I try to celebrate every moment. I might not always succeed, but at least I try."

Her finger traced the outline of one of the girls in the photo. "They were lovely, Charlie. Very lovely."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:27 am

Before his embrace... he couldn't care less about who he was before his embrace, though he said nothing about it.

"They were" Charlie simply smiled. "Truly lovely.."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:30 am

She turned the page, backwards this time.

"You have so many memories in this book. Pick one, sugar." She looked at him with a smile. "Pick one and tell me about it?"
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:37 am

"Heh... easier said than done" he chuckled as he turned his gaze back to the book and brushed his fingers along the pages, slowly turning a few to let his eyes wander across the pictures and names.
"I don't really know what makes for a good story and what doesn't" Charlie smiled softly. "I still remember all these things as if it was yesterday. The pictures... is more of a sentimental thing than something needed to remember"
He continued to move through a few more pages, lingering briefly at some pictures.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:39 am

"Flawless memories can be a pain," she spoke with a hint of experience. "But in pictures... You hold on even tighter to the ones that meant the most," she said as she nuzzled up into his chest.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:22 pm

"Yeah... guess you're right" the youth smiled as she eased his fingers through her hair and found himself lingering briefly at the picture of the smiling Roman.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:26 pm

"Is that him?" Of course, she knew the answer... but...
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:29 pm

He blinked, seemingly not having noticed that his hand had stopped turning the pages. Really, sometimes he was as bad as a Rose.
"Oh..." silly of him to space out like that. "Yeah. His shirt" the youth said with a soft chuckle as his other hand continued to play with her hair.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:31 pm

"You're right. He's quite handsome," she smiled to Charlie and then looked back at the picture. "It looks like a candid shot. You catch him off guard?"
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Charlie chuckled again, a grin across his lips as he shook his head and sighed at himself.
"Tried to. Damn man always knew when I was around. I couldn't even sneak up on him when cloaked" the youth rolled his eyes, although the smile lingered. "I was so sure I had him... and then he looked up just as the flash went off" he smirked. "Made for a good shot though. Even if that smile is him telling me "I know what you're up to". Again"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:42 pm

"That's what you get for being sneaky," she laughed, playfully tapping his arm with the back of her hand.

"But you made him smile genuinely. I can see it in this photo. He wasn't just humoring you," she added quietly.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 1:00 pm

"He didn't smile often, but when he did..." when he did he could make Charlie stop in his tracks and go silent. "I think you would've liked him. And not just for his looks although I'll admit, you'd have to be blind not to notice" he added with a wink. "Hell... he had a presence about him that made you turn and look whenever he entered the room"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 1:09 pm

"I'm not that superficial," she stuck her tongue out at him. "But I would have liked to have met him. You never know, though, right? It could happen."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 1:21 pm

"Yes, it could" though having the Roman suddenly show up..? Damn, he couldn't even think of what he would've done or said if that ever happened. Most likely he would've just stared like a fool with his mouth wide open. Most likely.

Charlie turned the page slowly, continuing through the pictures with a lingering smile to his pale lips.
"And I don't think you're superficial Cass" he added. "Your thoughtful gifts tells me you're anything but" the youth smiled.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 1:27 pm

She simply smiled, watching him turn pages. Maybe, just maybe quietly wondering what he was thinking. But it was pleasant here. Safe here. Comfortable, even. She stretched her fingers out, feeling quite lazy.

"So, where am I going for you? Have you decided what you want me to take a picture of for you? I've been itching to work, you know."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next