Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:52 am

"That does beg the question, warned, how?" he asked gently, not meaning to pry but asking out of concern.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:57 am

"First night in town actually. Estaban took me to meet Malachi, our primogen," she said with a shrug, tracing along the lines of the bandages on his chest.

"They both said that Alex was fun to play with but be aware... Because he likes to fall 'in love' a lot. he throws that word around and he'd been in love a couple times already. I admit, I didn't even know him yet... And I made ridiculous fun of him," she said with a twinge of guilt in her voice.

Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:03 am

"Love?" he chuckled, shaking his head slowly with a soft sigh. "Wears his heart on his sleeve does he? That seems somewhat silly" Charlie said with a hint of a lingering smile as he brushed his fingers across the back of her hand as she traced his bandages.
"Afraid he'll fall for you? Or afraid you might fall for him?" he asked softly.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:09 am

"Maybe both?" She answered honestly. "He's.... already said he's fallen for me..."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:15 am

A gentle hand found her cheek, softly motioning for her to raise her chin so he could meet her gaze.
"What do -you- want Cassiel?" he asked gently though with enough determination to make it clear he expected an honest answer.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:19 am

"I think it would be nice. But at the same time, that word turns my stomach. It implies so many different things. It implies clipped wings."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:27 am

"It doesn't mean clipped wings,but it means a lot of other things which, if given freely can be quite enjoyable, but which if forced becomes a burden" he said gently, brushing his fingers across her cheek, still not letting go of her gaze. "Dont be fooled by words Cass, they can promise much without any real weight to back them. I want you to be happy, but I'd hate to see you hurt because of some lovesick puppy" Charlie sighed. "See things for what they are..."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:31 am

"I'm very wary. Vary wary indeed. I just don't know what to think right now. I feel like he's telling the truth. But at the same time, I haven't gone digging around in his head, either."

She sighed.

"Think I should?"
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:37 am

"If it was real you wouldn't need to rummage around his head to make sure" Charlie gently pulled her up so that he could look up at her, letting her rest on his chest. "It's a game, Cass. Nothing more. Love used as a tool can be efficient, but it's still just a tool. Don't let him hurt you... I can already see you're doubting yourself..."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:41 am

"But I haven't felt it in so long, how do I know if it's real, Charlie?"

She shook her head, holding her ear to Charlie's chest... listening? Yes... she was listening for something.

"I swear to God... I swear, if he's just fucking with me..."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:52 am

He sighed softly, catching a lock of her hair between his fingers.
"He better not hurt you" the youth simply stated, wishing he could convince her the whole idea about love was a waste of time but fearing it was something she might need to figure it out herself. Though, if the Gangrel hurt her...
"Just listen to your logical side every once in a while alright?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:55 am

"No leaps of faith... The moment I think something's up, I won't be able to ignore my logical side. A heart is a dangerous playground. If it gets hurt, the wrath is beyond anything imaginable."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:04 pm

"I rather you didn't get hurt to begin with" he kissed her hair softly again. "But if anything does happen, yours won't be the only wrath he should be worried about" the youth somehow managed to say in that same softly determined voice as before.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:11 pm

"Are you angry with me?"

Yes, that was probably a silly question. But it needed answering. It was important.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:13 pm

"No, Cass. Of course I'm not" came the swift and honest answer.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:19 pm

Her embrace around Charlie tightened as she squeezed him, simply content to hold him like that. She dropped the trigger, letting it just rest next to her to watch the show outside as it ramped up.

Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:26 pm

A gentle hand found its way in under her top so he could brush his fingers across her lower back with a soft touch. The youth taking a deep breath and exhaling with a low sigh as he continued to hold her close, continued to touch and caress her with that gentle feel as before. Content, it would seem, to simply share the moment with her.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:39 pm

"I have a gift for you, you know," she whispered after a while. "I had forgotten... with the knife. But I wanted to give it to you."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:44 pm

"You don't need to get me anything Cass. Your company is already a gift in itself, and you've already given me three wonderfully thoughtful presents" Charlie smiled, scratching his manicured nails lightly across her lower back.
"But if you still want to gift me something know that I'll cherish it" he said softly.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:45 pm

"It's in your scrap book... In your closet," she smiled softly.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:50 pm

He blinked,looked at her as if surprised she even knew about that book even if he really shouldn't be, then the smile crept back across his lips as his expression became one of warmth. "Let me get it then" Charlie smiled at her, gently easing himself off the sofa while laying her down before heading for the door and the downstairs bedroom with a light step.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:55 pm

Occasionally, Cass got some things right it would seem. She watched him go, staying put as she curled her knees up to her chest and pulling the blanket over her arms.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 2:59 pm

He returned shortly after, the album in hand as he curled up on the sofa next to her and offered her the scrap book with a warm smile.
"Show me?"he asked gently, gazing at her with those steel blue eyes of his which currently looked like they were reflecting his smile.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Cass took the book in her hands and gave him a sweet smile and a nod before carefully starting to flip through the pages. Of course, it was in the back of the book, but charlie would know it when he saw it.

At the bottom of one of the last filled pages of the book was the picture Cass had taken of the two of them, Charlie with his chin on her shoulder, both with smiles. It wasn't her best work, not by any means. But it wasn't supposed to be. It was just... an image. An image untouched.

It wasn't meant to be artwork. It was meant to be a memory.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 1:10 am

The youth traced a finger along the edge of the picture for a moment with a lingering smile before biting his lips softly and turning to Cass.
"Thank you..." he said softly, sounding genuinely grateful. "so much..."
He pressed his lips to hers with a soft moan and savoured the feeling of her lips for a few precious moments before whispering. "I still say you're trying to make me go soft..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower   Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not all gifts are "sweet" (Cassiel/open) - The White Tower
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next