Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AST Shepherd
Admin
AST Shepherd

The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower Empty
PostSubject: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:05 pm

She was still asleep when he had arrived. Sunlight still filtered lazily down through the Florida palms outside. Slowly, he'd crept up into the room where she slept. His fingers walked across the bits of exposed flesh. As she woke up, the world slid into focus and she found him standing over her. He put a single finger to his lips, "Shhh," he smiled.

"I'm here to do you a favor, Cassiel."

Last edited by Storyteller on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Cass generally slept in the nude. This night was no exception. In the spare set of rooms Charlie had offered her, there wasn't much around. A pile of clothes on the floor, her camera bags in the corner.

She blinked a few times before the stranger'd face became clear. Instinctively, she gasped and pulled the covers up against her chest as she sat up, staring at him in surprise.

Her mouth hung open, eyes wide.

"Who are you?"

She wondered if perhaps this was a friend of Charlie's??
Back to top Go down
AST Shepherd
Admin
AST Shepherd

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:31 pm

He knelt down beside the bed, "My name is Edwin McAlister, Cassiel. I've heard that someone has been harassing people in this town. A man by the name of Markus Jacobs. I'm looking for him."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:34 pm

She looked at him strangely, moving to the other side of the bed with the sheet pulled tightly around her. She stood, creeping toward the door.

"Why don't you just pray? Seems to make him show up," she said softly.
Back to top Go down
AST Shepherd
Admin
AST Shepherd

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 3:56 pm

"Because he knows I hunt demons, Cassiel. I'm looking for Markus to destroy him." he stood up, opening his arms in a non-threatening matter.

"I apologize that I came in without permission, but I didn't know if he was here or not. I'd very much like to help your town be rid of this demon, Cassiel."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:01 pm

She stopped and turned, looking at him with her head tilted to the side.

"So he is a demon?" The thought sent a shiver down her spine. "He told me... that he was an Agent of God. That when he came to me, he was there to help me find whatever it was that I needed. I angered him... His voice boomed and his eyes..."

She looked at the floor and then back up at Edwin.

"I don't know anything on this subject. I don't think I can help you," she said sadly, with a twinge of fear.
Back to top Go down
AST Shepherd
Admin
AST Shepherd

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:19 pm

He nodded, "I understand, Cassiel. I'm sorry to have frightened you," He moved over towards the door, moving to leave. Before he did, he turned to the young woman, "All I can ask, Cassiel is that you have faith, in me and my abilities to destroy this creature. Can you do that? Can you believe in me, like I believe in God?"

He extended his hand to her.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:23 pm

She hesitated, but took his hand with a soft, gently touch.

"You and he... Both doubting my faith in Him? I've never completely lost it. Markus asked me to have faith, too. But... you have offered me nothing in return. There is something comforting in that."

She seemed to study him-- his expression-- but mostly, his eyes. What was in his eyes?
Back to top Go down
AST Shepherd
Admin
AST Shepherd

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:06 pm

His eyes were just another set of eyes, the look of a man on a mission. Clearly, he wanted the Fallen Angel dead and gone.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:09 pm

Cass gave a sigh and ran her fingers through her hair.

"Sit down, please? I will tell you what I know."

She gestured to the lone chair in the room while she moved toward the closet, pulling any article of clothing she could find out. She kept the sheet around her as she slipped a shirt over her head and then sat on the bed, again keeping herself covered as she pulled on a pair jeans.
Back to top Go down
AST Shepherd
Admin
AST Shepherd

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:22 pm

"Please do." He sat down and looked away from the dressing vampire, trying to help her keep her modesty.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:42 pm

"He visited me in my home," she began as she leaned her elbows on her knees and slumped forward just a little. She made sure to keep her eyes on him. And when she spoke, it was from perfect memory.

"He was just there. One moment I was alone, praying, and the next he was just there. Like you, he knew my name. He told me that he was there because I called him. He interceded on God's behalf because I prayed. He offered me guidance. I simply told him that I believed his promises were empty."

She crossed her arms, again regarding Edwin with a strange look as if trying to gauge him. But the pause was brief and she continued.

"My sentence anger him. Really angered him and his voice rang out and his eyes burned into me, offended by my insult. His anger at my supposed rejection of God's gift frightened me. So... rather than risk being overpowered by a creature who's intention I did not-- do not-- understand, I began to humor him. I told him that I would try to be understanding and willing to hear him out."

"Do to my offense to him and to God, he claimed that his... offer of help would be very expensive and that I may not be able to pay it. The price given was my faith in God-- to not doubt he exists. Faith in Markus, as well and faith in humanity. That as it stood, I lacked the amount and depth of faith he required to perform a service to me."

Cass pulled at the chain around her neck and stood, beginning to pace.

"He asked what I needed-- what I wanted. I was vague in my response. But in the end, he was able to drag out of me my greatest desire and my greatest fear. He told me that those I care about would soon find their redemption. That I should rest and then go to the ones in my life that mattered and not take them for granted. And then he left. Walked right out the front door. And when he was gone, I still heard his voice."

She shook her head.

"His beautiful voice right in my ear, telling me goodnight. I sat for a while, frozen with fear and confusion. I left, with the intent to leave the city. But those I... Well, I was convinced to stay. He showed up again later in the evening at a different location. He was disappointed by the hostility he was faced with. But he was... convinced to leave again. But I was told he would be back."

"I was told he was demon or an angel of some sort. But again, I don't know about these things. Do I think he'll be back?"

She nodded.

"Of course I do. I don't know when or where, but... I'm not stupid. He seems to know the people I know. And he now knows what it is I seek."

She stopped her pacing just a foot from where Edwin sat and looked down at him, the gold chain around her neck still in her hand.

"I've always believed in God and the Bible. The angels and the saints. And the devil and demons. All to some extent. I believed in the grace of the angels so much, that I took the name of an archangel. Do you... do you think that the name might have been what drew his attention to me?"

Back to top Go down
AST Shepherd
Admin
AST Shepherd

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Edwin's face was soft, but he gave a look of concern as she spoke of the demon, "Your name? I don't think he was drawn to you for that reason. I think it was some perception based on your humanity or how close you might be to the faith. These creatures, Cassiel, they need faith to survive."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:54 pm

"So, what do I do, then? I refuse to turn my back on my beliefs because of a demon. What do I do?"
Back to top Go down
AST Shepherd
Admin
AST Shepherd

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 5:59 pm

He smiled softly, "Let me deal with him. Like I said, all i ask is that you have faith in my abilities, that you can believe in me," he held out his hand with a soft smile, "Do we have a deal?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:02 pm

She looks perplexed, even as her fingers graze his hand.

"Let me understand you... Rather than giving Markus my faith, you aim to take it to weild against him?"
Back to top Go down
AST Shepherd
Admin
AST Shepherd

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:07 pm

He smiled "That is exactly what I aim to do, Cassiel."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:10 pm

If her heart actually beat, it would have fluttered. She was unsure if this was the right thing to do. But... if it got rid of Markus....

She closed her hand around Edwin's hand and shook it.

"Deal," she said softly.

It wasn't after she said it that she wondered if maybe, just maybe, something else was afoot. Though her expression remained neutral.
Back to top Go down
AST Shepherd
Admin
AST Shepherd

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:19 pm

He gave her a pleased smile, "Thank you, Cassiel. I should get to work. You've been most helpful. I trust you will not go back on your word."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:21 pm

"Just like that? Just like that and you trust me?"
Back to top Go down
AST Shepherd
Admin
AST Shepherd

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:24 pm

He smiled, "Of course I do, Cassiel. Because if you go back on your word," the smile left his face and his tone became cold and sincere, "I'm going to kill Alex Rourke..."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:27 pm

"WHAT?!"

Panic crossed her features, her hands balled into tiny fists. Her lips pursed and she stared down at him.

"Don't you touch him-- don't fucking you touch him!"

And in Toreador fashion, out of anger-- blinding rage, she moved to slap him.
Back to top Go down
AST Shepherd
Admin
AST Shepherd

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:50 pm

He smiled at the vampire's feeble attempt to strike him. As she swung, Cass's feet caught on the sheet and she tripped, stumbling headlong towards the man in her room who simply caught her wrist.

"Please, sweetheart, you're cute, but you've got nothing on me. First I'm going to kill that one time archangel, then we'll go from there. But be happy... you won't ever have to see him again."

Edit to show Dice Results- (Cassiel WoD Brawl Results: -1 (Botch))

Last edited by AST Shepherd on Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Cass was pissed-- really, beyond livid. She screamed as she tried to pull her wrist away and pull herself to her feet, all the while attempting to strike him with her other balled up fist. Her fangs extended.
Back to top Go down
AST Shepherd
Admin
AST Shepherd

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Cassiel swung and this time she connected, square in his jaw. His head turned slightly with the sudden contact before he began to laugh as he shoved her back onto the bed and turned to leave.

"Don't worry, you won't have to see me for a good long while. Just know that I'll be watching."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower   The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Power of Doubt (Cassiel) - The White Tower
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next