Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower Empty
PostSubject: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:26 am

A couple of hours passed before Cass found herself at the address given. She strode up to the secretary and did as she was told, but offered no hello or thanks or smile in return. She just waited to patiently to see what she had to do next, shifting uncomfortably in her stance.

Last edited by Storyteller on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:33 am

Once cleared she was directed to a private elevator, she would have to tap the intercom before it would go anywhere though as she lacked the key to activate it otherwise.
It would bring her to the top floors of the building and open up to reveal a large open and softly lit apartment with white walls and a delicate interior. Several pieces of art, from sculptures to paintings could be seen throughout the place, although the weapons lining the walls, everything from swords to rifles, were probably a more prominent feature and in contrast to the modern airy feel of the place.

Charlie was nowhere to be seen for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:36 am

Cass stepped inside, blinking as she looked around. Her eyes took in everything-- though she seemed to be most taken with the windows. She did not however step any farther than a few feet inside.

"Charlie?" She called softly into the apartment. "Mr. Cusack?" She tried again, more formally.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:39 am

The soft sound of footsteps could be heard coming from upstairs, the open staircase spiraling up towards the upper levels in the center of the room revealing Charlie as he came walking down. Adjusting a shirt he'd seemingly just pulled on and buttoning it up to cover a white tank top underneath.
"Please, mr. Cusack sounds so formal" the youth smiled, a light last few steps bringing his feet to the floor as he looked at her. He'd already pulled back the sleeves to 3/4 length, the same wooden bead bracelet around his wrist and with the same valuable rings on his hands as always.
"So tell me.. did the meeting not go as planned?" he tilted his head to the side, motioning for her to step inside.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:46 am

She only took one step further in, but offered a smile to him. Her heels were in one hand-- how she managed to walk for all this time in them would have been anyone's guess.

"Not exactly. Harpy Fortunato seemed... disappointed. Concerned I took too much of a risk."

She shook her head.

"No matter, the boon as been recorded, just as I said it would be."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:48 am

"Hardly his place to judge your decisions is it?" he walked over to her, a gentle hand brushing down her arm to the shoes to gently lift them and place them away. "You're a grown woman. You're free to do as you please" Charlie tilted his head to the side and held up his hand as if offering her to take it.
"Come, have a seat. You look tired"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:51 am

She took his hand, letting him lead her as she sighed. She was tired. There was just too much on her plate.

"But he is clan. And I feel as if I must be so careful. I haven't... I haven't exactly made the right impressions, I don't think."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:55 am

Charlie lead her to one of the sofas, letting her take a seat but continuing to hold her hand for a while longer without sitting down himself.
"Depends on what kind of impressions you want to give" the youth smiled. "He's a Harpy, he ought to know better than to judge someone based on just a handful of facts. What matters is whether or not you trust in your own judgment"
He nodded towards the open kitchen which was visible from the sofa.
"Can I get you a drink? Afraid it's animal but I'm still settling in here"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:59 am

But Charlie didn't have all the facts, either. No one did-- not really. Perhaps the drop of her eyes from his steel blue ones to his hand gave that thought away, perhaps not. But she forced another smile and nodded to his inquiry.

"Animal is fine... Thanks."

Cass leaned forward, resting her arms on her legs as she peered into the kitchen.

"I've never questioned my own judgment before," she said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:01 am

"Then how come you sound so doubtful now?" Charlie asked from the kitchen, his back against her as he picked out a pair of glasses and filled each with a crimson liquid poured from a carafe kept in the cooler. Perhaps he'd picked up on the look in her eyes, though he didn't ask her outright about it.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:08 am

"I'm still relatively young by kindred standards. But I have never, ever seen so much shit in my existence in one domain, Charlie. Been doubting a lot of things because of it," she said as she watched him.

"You need to watch your back in this town. I'm not even joking."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:11 am

Holding both glasses in one hand, he turned and walked back to join her on the sofa, leaning his shoulder against the back of it as he offered her the pick of a glass. The smile still not leaving his lips as if he was in perfect control of the situation, despite her warnings.
"I always watch my back" he said to her. "Old habit.. not about to change it"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:18 am

She took the glass closest to her with a nod of thanks as she swirled and stared at the contents before taking a small sip.

"Good. Then you'll be fine."

She took another sip.

"Don't expect the delivery at the apartment. It's not coming," she said tracing the rim of the glass with a finger.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:20 am

Oh?
Charlie sipped briefly at his glass before reaching over to place it down on the table.
"Why is that?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:21 am

"Because I was wrong to ask you. If I cannot be there to get it myself, it should be delivered to the clan," she said with only a hint of resignation. "I suppose... I suppose it's a Toreador thing."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:26 am

His narrowed ever so slightly.
"Is that so?" Charlie reached over to gently pick the glass from her hand and set it on the table before moving his hand underneath her chin, lifting it just enough to look into her eyes. "Last we spoke you seemed pretty sure of your decision to leave it in my care rather than in the hands of your Clan. What changed over the last few hours?" he asked, his voice still calm though with a bit more edge to it as if he wasn't buying what she was selling.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:29 am

Edgey Brujah... He didn't know edgey. Not the way she did.

She kept her eyes locked with his, a determined look on her face. "I don't need my clan disappointed in my actions. Came here for a new start with them. Not so they could turn me over the she-wolf."

Now there was an edge to her words, though the edge was not for him but for the words she spoke of others.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:32 am

"What... changed..?" he asked with a tone of voice that, while holding no threat to her, suggested that a more accurate answer might be in order. His touch though remained gentle, no change to his body language.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:37 am

Well, certainly she'd been batting a thousand for days now.

"He said that they would take... better care of it." She pulled her chin away, moving her face. "I told him that I offered the boon. That I had asked. But he said that... you were taking advantage of me. So rather than deal with that load of shit and the disappointment from Estaban, I would rectify the 'problem'. I have enough on my plate than to have shit started between Camarilla members because I was being a stupid little girl."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:58 am

Charlie drew his breath, held it for a moment and then exhaled with a sigh.
"He has no right to demand you change anything. The deal has been made, the boon has been logged. It's within my right to demand the agreement stay the same. He cannot force you and he cannot force me. If he has a problem with it then he can take it up with me directly and not walk around my back like some little puppeteer"
He leaned closer, once again reaching out to touch her face, still with that same gentle touch as before.
"I'm not disappointed. And had you asked because it was something you wanted I would've given it to you. But I will not budge because he demands so. I will honour the wishes you presented me with when you asked me this favour, as I believe those at least were sincere" the youth's voice softening somewhat.
"Your Clan is already taking you away. That will have to be enough for them. There are no problems here. Only the ones you create for yourself by doubting"

He brushed his hand along her jaw line unless she pulled away.
"So look at me... please... Cassiel"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:04 am

It was the please that did it. She turned her face back toward him, crestfallen by all appearances.

"I just don't want anyone to get hurt. I can handle it. But can anyone else?"

Yeah, she was handling things just fine...
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:08 am

The youth sighed again, moving his arms around her and pulling her into his embrace to rest her head on his shoulder. A soft hand tracing slowly through her hair.
"I'm not a kid... even if my appearance suggests otherwise" Charlie said softly. "I can handle myself. And I can handle the Harpy. If he's being stubborn about it simply tell him the Brujah decided to be a bastard hm?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:21 am

"As you wish," she said simply, sighing into his chest. She hadn't the energy to fight it, even if she truly wanted to.

"I will let him know when I see him next. Which I imagine will be soon."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:35 pm

"Mmmm..." he traced his fingers through her hair with a slow gentle movement, letting his fingertips brush against the back and side of her neck.
"You worry too much..." the youth whispered, once against letting the back of his fingers brush across her neck with a feather light touch before moving them through her hair. "At least about others..."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:53 pm

"Too much? Do you think I do not worry about myself, too?"

Her head moved ever so slightly at his touch as she sighed softly. A hand rested on his knee, but made no attempts to wander.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower   Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artful Headaches (Charlie) - The White Tower
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next