Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 1:55 pm

She kissed Ren's cheek.

"I'll go back some time tonight and have it all hauled over here. Going to need to look in on Sam and make sure he's writing, anyways."

Then she wandered into the bathroom, where she could be heard rattling around.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 1:59 pm

It wasn't hard to find the box. He smiled over at Ren. Peeled an orange to toss into the bowl of fruit he was making. "Ya need somethin' ta keep ya mind busy baby?" He asked the question quietly.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:13 pm

"Not my mind as much as my hands." Those remarkably steady hands. Even when she'd been shaking like a leaf in the wind, they'd been strong and still. Years of holding weapons will do that to a person.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:54 am

He handed her a bunch of grapes to pull from the vine. And smiled. "There ya go."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:40 am

"Thank you." She leaned forward enough so that her hair wasn't caught behind her and began plucking the grapes and tossing them into the bowl.
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:57 am

Henrietta walked back in with box in hand.

"You sure you don't mind me using these, Jim?"
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:23 pm

Several looks crossed his face. Sadness. Concern. A flash of anger. Then sadness again. He nodded once. "Ain't like she can use 'em anymore mama. Go ahead."
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:36 pm

She set the box next to the grapes Ren was plucking and walked over to give Jim a kiss on the cheek.

"You're a doll, love. We'll make sure you get it all back."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:46 pm

Ren continued silently picking grapes, not wanting to interrupt the others.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:56 pm

He smiled and shook his head. "Ain't a thing mama. I'd rather somebody use it than let it sit under my sink. Ain't like I ain't got enough of her crap floatin' 'round here already."
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:58 pm

She smiled, dimpling at him. Then turned to walk back to a place behind Ren, taking a brush from the box.

"Okay, love. I'm going to do up your hair, and later I'll teach you all I know of it."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:47 pm

"Thank you, Henri." Her voice was still soft.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:58 pm

He turned back to the kitchen. Flipped bacon as he broke eggs into a bowl. Adding milk to the eggs before he started to beat them with a whisk. Flipped potatoes that were also frying with onions and green peppers. Breakfast was an actual affair at the House of Jim.
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:19 pm

Henri smiled as she watched him cook, then began brushing out Ren's hair, taking care that she didn't break it, though she had to pull hard through a few tangles.

"Will the boys be joining us?"
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Ren didn't seem to mind. She held her head still, even as the tangles were brushed free. Once finished with the grapes, she folded her hands neatly in her lap.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:27 pm

He shook his head. "Naw. All things considered I thought it best they went an' found themselves girls ta keep 'em occupied for a while."
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:29 pm

She laughed.

"Oui, probably for the best."

She continued to brush out the gloriously long hair for a moment, then began to partition the hair easily for braiding.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:36 pm

Ren's hair was thick, straight, and there was quite a bit of it. She actually looked younger with the longer hair, much more a teen than an adult.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:38 pm

He smiled over at the two of them. Went back to making breakfast. "In case ya are wonderin', she's talkin' 'bout my ghouls. I've got three of 'em."
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:43 pm

She began french braiding pigtails down both sides of Ren's head, then joining the two at the base of her skull, where she braided them into a club.

"They're great boys, but I think it would be best for it to be just us three right now."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:46 pm

"I've got a couple besides Maddy...I should probably have you meet them."
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:59 pm

Henri smiled as she kissed Ren on the top of the head.

"And I have four. Mine work the Tavern for me. Once I've met yours, I'll have a running tab for them."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:57 pm

He laughed and poured batter into a pan. Pancakes on top of everything else. "You'll meet my boys eventually. They're just a little freaked out right now."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:05 pm

"Because of me?" She wanted desperately to shrink down and scurry away.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:11 pm

He shook his head. "Naw darlin. See, they were all Griselda's boys 'fore she died. They still get a little weird 'bout it sometimes."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren   Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scene - Lesson Learned: Part 2 - Ren
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next