Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair Empty
PostSubject: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:15 pm

All of the regular things happened.  The returned call, the motorcade waiting outside of whichever building he happened to wake up in the following night.  Another different route taken, completely absent of any stops and likely doubling upon itself multiple times.  The same ghoul greeted him, offering to take care of whatever he may need this night before their meeting.

The meeting would be atop the patio that overlooked the odd open-air enclosure on the side of the compound with the stone-worked patio set above it, absent of any obstructions that would stop someone from falling in.  There were several large braziers scattered around the area for lighting, though noticable warmth came off of each from the intensity of whatever fed them.

He sat in one of the large stone chairs, though each 'chair' more resembled primitive thrones of ages gone by than anything that may resemble comfort, absent of any comfort while a few of the others had an overstuffed cushion that filled the seating surface.  There were seven such chairs in total, around the rectangular table with what had to be the foot of the table having nothing at it at all.

"Welcome, Mister Fortunato.  Please, have a seat," he spoke as the Toreador approached, motioning to the array of seats.

Last edited by Storyteller on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:26 pm

Esteban noticed everything as he went through the standard movements, the non-routine routine. He could no help but notice the room he was being ushered into and also noticed each of the stone chairs. 7 was an interesting number. In his normal refined and respectful manner, he walked in and picked a seat close to the man, one without the cushion. This was not the time for comfort. In fact he doubted this was the place ever for comfort.

"Good evening Mr. de Sforza. Thank you."

He sat and waited for the other man to speak.
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:28 pm

He shook his head at the offered thanks. "You need not thank me for something as short as time, Mister Fortunato. I assume that you have taken the time due to consider your answer to the puzzle with which you were presented?"

They were outside and the air was calm and crisp, though warmed slightly by the multiple braziers surrounding them. Gone already was the ghoul who had led him here again, though he could likely just make out her image some twenty yards away, noticing easily that she has gone to the length of hiding herself supernaturally from their eyes, despite the likelihood that each of them could see her. Another twenty yards further from her is the closest that any of the regular patrols of the ground ventured, noticably avoiding paying attention to the pair.
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:03 pm

Though outside, he could see the lengths this man had gone to give them their privacy.

"Yes, I have been giving it quite a bit of thought. What I saw that day was Thaumaturgy, Koldun sorcery, The thaumaturgy of the Assamites and True magic. And you were calm. Do you wish me to explain how they appear?"
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:20 am

There was a slight nod.

"Everything that you have learned on the subject, yes."
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:13 pm

"Everything.. Very well."

He proceeds to tell the Seneschal every thing he has learned, breaking down the means and philosophies, and mentioning the differences between Assamite Sorcery, Kuldun Sorcery and Thaumaturgy. He describes the look of it in Auspex and even mentions what weaknesses he may have read about. Only when he finishes with those three does he pause. When he continues it is sightly quieter.

"As for True Magic, I know less. I know it is the magic of the mages, it looks more organized and brighter than any of the blood magics and I could not find much information on it at all."

He looks a little apologetic on the last one.
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:27 pm

He simply continued to look to the Toreador.

"And what do you believe it is that you have learned from this? Telling you of magic would have been a simple enough task, but it was not the subject of the lesson to learn."
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 2:52 pm

"Knowledge is power. You use whatever it takes to protect yourself but at the same time others can use knowledge to detect it as well. If you use magic like yourself or Ms. Tahan does, you better have a way to hide it, or make sure others know they cannot stop you from using it."

He stopped for a moment and then continued.

"Then there is the fact that you and Ms. Tahan are connected somehow, tightly. She denies it, but there are too many coincidences."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:57 am

He shook his head for a moment. "While knowledge is power, so too is misdirection. My personal ability with the various magics that you have seen is miniscule, but the caution taken by others who believe the contrary is of import. Is the seat across from you capable of magics? Is it worthy of such being performed upon it?" He motioned to it with one hand.

"Doubtful, but what do your eyes tell you? And what do your eyes tell you of my aura now? Deception and misdirection, Mister Fortunato. These are key elements to surviving each night in our circles, but they are as delicate as they are limitless."

"And why do you believe that Miss Tahan and myself are connected such?"
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:12 pm

He looked as told and saw what the man had claimed. Not only a neat trick but a seriously deadly one. The power of controlling information was one he had already learned. The power of making others think one weaker than they truthfully were, another lesson he knew and practiced on a daily basis. But he listened, trying to catch the nuances. He could already think of uses of being able to control auras, especially the aura of others. A deadly but interesting game

"Yes, Mr. de Sforza. A good example that one should not act hastily but rather double check any information though other methods. Only the foolish act too quickly."

He looked at the man carefully.

"Of course sometimes intuition and the incongruous must be acted on. There are too many coincidences, too many shared secrets and too much trust. I have no less than 5 strange coincidences, strange behaviors and strange phrases that the two of you both say exactly the same. Her behavior around you. Do you realize i have only seen her relax around two people, and you are one of them?"
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:08 am

"Which do you believe to be true, then, Mister Fortunato? That a Ventrue somehow possesses a powerhouse of magical ability known of great secrets to the Fiends, the Saracens, the Warlocks and mortal Magi or that it is all a great ruse, meant to confuse and misdirect those who peer upon his aura?" A raised hand ticked off each of the four avenues of magic when their sources were stated.

"The Fiends and the Warlocks despise eachother, so too do the Saracens hate the Warlocks, who in turn trust no one in absolute. Meanwhile, Magi distrust our kind entirely, enough to avoid us whenever possible. Why, then, would all four find themselves benefiting a sole -- or pair, if you believe Miss Tahan and I to be connected -- individual that does not deign to dance in their eternal jyhad?

"Five instances over a short while could be seen as suspicious, yes, but many in the domain have increasingly odd movements. Two Gangrel fight over an Assamite, a Brujah and Tremere find themselves at odds as often as they do at peace, and yet another Brujah and the same Tremere find themselves bickering like the pair of scorned lovers that they are. One of the same aforementioned Gangrel chases the shadow of his former-sire and shard of consciousness taken physical form again while the second Gangrel is torn on whether or not to maintain his membership within our fine institution," he shook his head once, slowly. "So much confusion within such a small, young domain, it is a wonder it stands, yes?"

"Tell me, with so many claiming to be as old as they do, why do they pretend to be creatures with the capacity of love? Why do they believe that they can feel the comforts of mortal flesh when it has been dead for so long?"
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:35 pm

He thought for a moment.

"I would say both. You are obviously more than you appear. If I have been able to find out something about these four rare and guarded secrets, then I have no doubt you know incomparable amounts more. And yes, I have no doubt you use this to confuse and misdirect as well. You as far from a fool as I can think of."

"As to how you you came across these abilities, I cannot say. Though I do remember the night you told me how important gaining secrets and keeping them are, as well as reminding me that there are those out there I would never be able to match."

His tone was honest but also telling. It was also saying he remembered his earlier lessons and had learned them. No, as long as he could no longer forget, he might as well use what he remembered.

He listened as the man quoted all the idiotic behavior going on in the domain. when Anton asks his last question, Estaban thinks for a moment.

"Because they do not embrace their embrace. They forget their death because they no longer live in their coffins. As for love, you ask the wrong man. I believe myself in love. I am both those things, I embrace them fully. But then it is the way of the blood in my veins."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 11:49 am

"You are young, Mister Fortunato. I do not believe you have any issue understanding such, and even aside from that, those of your clan who reach great ages continue with certain eccentricies. Gangrel wander. Brujah study. Ventrue rule. Assamites enforce. Tremere scheme. None of these play at being human, with human emotion or desires as so many who claim to be old do in this fledgling domain.

"These fools believe that a mage, the living type, is behind the miraculous resurrection of Griselda McKenzie. You know the truth, though, that she is simply changed. How, then, do you explain this Rebecca? What of the mortal duplicates of Miss Dunn or yourself? Scion's sire, whose soul he consumed so long ago, called Deimos? What theory do you have regarding this unknowable truth that others chase after each night?"
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:29 pm

He looked at the man closely.

"I think there are many possible answers. I think the how is less important that the who and the why. I do not think this was done to weaken the domain. I think it is a test. One we are not succeeding at all."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:16 pm

"I imagine that whoever is responsible for the.. oddness of such actions would view it as a primary action. Testing one's mettle is far more simple than letting lose a kermis comprised of duplicates. Tests, though, are the topic of the evening, yes? What would you say that you have learned, Mister Fortunato?"
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 7:41 pm

He looked at the man and shook his head.

"Yes, tests. When you ask what I have learned, I assume you mean what I have learned tonight?"

(ooc: sorry, lost this)
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:20 pm

"What you have learned in our discussions. You have stated your beliefs on appearances, on knowledge, and the flow of information. What is it, though, that you have learned? While I have both time and interest in your beliefs, our time in this domain is finite, we will not be here forever as we each have valuable tasks to perform before moving to larger, loftier goals.

"We are not to dance the waltz of the Jyhad in a backwater, newly claimed domain, nor shall it ever be among the pillars of the Camarilla with Chicago, London or Paris. It is not large enough to compare to the victory accomplished by Giangalezzo of Milan, once Archbishop and now Prince. Neither names used between us echo in the hallowed halls of the Inner Court of the Camarilla, nor on the lips of their appointed Justicars."

He shook his head. "No, Mister Fortunato. I want you to learn, so that you know your role in the largest of pictures before it is time for you to depart this domain, when you have outgrown its flimsy borders, so you are prepared for the most dangerous of games our kind know."
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 pm

He thought for a moment.

"Deception and Misdirection can be as important as knowledge. To confuse the others players is a viable and valuable tool. We are no longer humans and to hold onto such like a child onto a blanket is foolish. I have alot to learn, and need to know just how little I know as well as to know what I am capable of. To plan and ponder is nothing without the impetus to act. But no action should be taken rashly. An opportunity taken foolishly is worse than an opportunity wasted.

A wise man keeps him ears open and his mouth shut. Appearances are just that. You are more than most think. Caution and precaution are always necessary. Oh, and You are worthy of fear.
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:52 am

"Very good, Mister Fortunato. Your progression is coming along very nicely. Now, where do you feel you need assistance the most?"
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 12:13 pm

He thought for a moment.

"Your help has already aided me in so many ways. I am learning faster than I thought possible and I cannot seem to forget anything. Your question raised an awareness in me about the different forms of magic and I am not working to find out more about that. I am also trying to explore the secrets of this world as we know it."

He smiled and half jokingly continued.

"Thanks to you I only find myself limited by the boundaries of the limitations of my blood."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:44 pm

"All things in time, Mister Fortunato. All things in time. I will assist your endeavors, then, where they seem prudent. Sometimes you will see that assistance, sometimes you will not. For tonight's workings to unravel, ask our mutual acquantence Ra'idah Tahan of the identity of Caesar, if you like."
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 2:20 pm

He looked a little surprised. And possibly a little perplexed. But he was learning not to question this rather daunting man.

"I will then. Assuming you do not mind them unraveling. If you need me for anything, you of course have support. I thank you again for all you have done."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:29 am

A single nod. "It is because you have proven yourself to have worth, Mister Fortunato. If you did not, then like so many others here, your value would not be wise to invest in. Your career will be made in this city, but only the beginning of it. Time will show you how."
Back to top Go down
Estaban Fortunato
Methuselah
Estaban Fortunato

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 1:28 pm

The man always left such interesting hints. But he knew better than to ask him now. He would tell more or reveal more in his own time.

"Of course Sir."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 1:38 pm

"If there's nothing else, Miss Bose will see you back to the address of your choice."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair   Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lessons Learned (Estaban) - Dragon's Lair
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next