Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:37 am

"A theme park could be interesting" he chuckled

"Remember, I went into torpor in 1911 and was born in 1870. When I saw my first cell phone I knew it for the wireless telephony device it was. Many things were familiar, just known technology taken to further evolutionary ends."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:49 am

She chuckled.

"I'm the one you have to worry about, Mr. McIntyre. It's the teenagers around here that keep me up to date. I think they take a sick pleasure in it, but I allow them that."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 10:52 am

Johnathon turned to Christine with a perfectly straight face.

"Have you heard of the telegraph? Marvelous invention, allows rapid communication anywhere there are wires laid"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:35 pm

She smirked.

"You've met my kids. You know better."
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:42 pm

Chuckles from Duncan was his response to their banter.

"Considering you messaged me electronically, I think you are handling the modern world just fine."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:53 pm

"So then we control most of the northern state and have a presence to the south. This is good for the clan. "

He turned to Duncan. "You claim no domain, but sit in Miami. I require an Atlantic port and pay the cam dearly for use of jacksonville. I will give you leave to use Tallahasee to gain such influences over state agencies as you need to further your construction interests in and around Miami and will deny such access to others as may compete with you. In turn, I wish to claim the port of Miami for my purposes. I will aid your occupation of the city, and give you favorable treatment for shipping, both by sea and truck. Does this sound agreeable?"
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:00 pm

A smile. "John, I don't intend on claiming domain over the city nor should you... it is part of the current Praxis's holdings and to do so would be rather impetuous... all you are doing is asking for trouble from those outside the Family," Duncan cautioned. "I strongly suggest shifting some of your operations south a bit; I can hide them within my own efforts so none would be the wiser.

A shrug. "Smarter than claiming you own something in the Domain when you don't belong and Safer from whatever goon-squad his Grace has for dealing with independents; I rarely have heard of a Prince that deals completely honestly with those who don't reside within the Camarilla... and given this one hates Ventrue, I strongly suggest you don't trust him to keep his bargain with you.

As for my own designs on the place, I prefer to simply increase my influences over its workings- if none outside of myself or others within the Family are smart enough to do the same, then that's on them."
He said. "Take our time and make the hold solid... Old bull and young bull John... "
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:06 pm

"The claims were slightly vague, I had been left under the impression the border stopped at Miami" he shrugged. "No bother then. As for the rest... you are mainline Cam. Unless you make a habit of pissing off Princes, you can always find a home, and have a domain to be welcomed in. Not so in my case, or for many of my brothers in arms. I am building not just for myself, but for others like me."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:56 pm

She smiled. Now they were communicating.
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:38 pm

"Indeed... they are vague but they were made none the less..." Duncan replied. "I would err on the side of caution and not make any claims upon it lest he decide you are overstepping yourself- earning a visit from his Goon Squad. I'm going off of what was released publicly as well as by what the Seneschal said."

A smile. "Granted... he could have been lying to me but given it would be pretty bad form to do so, I don't think that's the case. Not with a witness of Christine's stature, at the very least."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:14 pm

"I do believe I have not made any claim on anything, merely stating a misunderstanding of a vague declaration." he said dryly
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:32 pm

She sighed.

"Gentlemen. Please."
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:46 pm

I understand, John..." Duncan replied. "And it was to that I was referring to conbined with the vagueness of His Grace's decree. Any activity on your part there could be viewed poorly, hence my offer. Relax a bit, would you? Not everyone is out to get you or cause you grief."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:01 pm

"Then let us procede without the lessons, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:35 pm

She closed her eyes and dropped her head into her hand.

"If you boys cannot put them away and stop trying to measure them, I will have to throw you both out my window."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:06 pm

"But Praetor" he said with a perfectly straight face. "We have a problem. Among our family, there is little reason to use money as a benchmark, we all have as much as we want, and can get more if needful. Any Cam status he might have means little to me, and my own political standing means little in turn. Neither of us have declared dignitas or clan standing that we can use to measure with, so we are kind of stuck with our dicks."
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:27 pm

Duncan smiled. "He has a point, Praetor; Short of declaring Dignitas, it comes down to money, contacts and resources." He said. "Granted, I am wearing some of my Dignitas as I've been awarded... as I thought it appropriate to do so."

(ooc: first page of this thread)
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:31 pm

"Alas a century of torpor and a vengeful sire has left me merely with wealth, a large domain and control of the seat of state government. This is the most active I've been in clan affairs since I became an Anarch."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 5:42 pm

"I will think, and give you answers next month."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:58 am

"Thank you. Now, do you have a ruler handy?" he smirked
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 3:16 am

She reached into a drawer and actually tossed him one.

"Bet mine's bigger, though."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:37 am

He snorted at that. "I suspect on every level that counts yours is bigger"
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:20 pm

A knowing nod. "Not all among the Clan are all that fond of the Anarchs, Jon. I suspect you will find that in most domains," Duncan said. "I think you may have lucked out some by who the Prince is here as well as the Praetor."

At the comment about who and what was bigger, he smiled. "She is the bigger fish here..."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:51 pm

He shrugged "you have to make your own luck."
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 10:47 am

" A very true statement... Duncan replied with a chuckle. "Lady Luck both favors and punishes the bold. She's a galla like that..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next