Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 11:34 am

She laughed.

"I do not mind Anarchs. I mind lumps in the clan who do nothing."
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 1:12 pm

"Indeed..." He said. "Behind the scenes work can be just as rewarding... and no less dangerous. Pays to have ducks in a row more often than not. Not doing so is what gets people caught."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:54 am

She snorted.

"And you think my John does not have his ducks in a row? You think he just jumps into things without thinking? Have you taken any time to get to know your clan mates?"
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:28 am

Johnathon smiled and lit a cigarette.

"A little history for you Duncan. In 1911 I came to Florida after spending nearly three years warring against my sire as I fled across the continent. I was a bit stupid in the way I left Seattle, and he was more than stupid in the way he brought me into the world. I ravaged his bank accounts, destroyed lines of contacts and business, and we had a jolly old time fighting with each other. Finally I came to where Port. St. Lucie was later built, with a plan to purchase land and build my own city. I had a group of associates, several of which it turns out betrayed me through the efforts of my sire."

"Sabbat got them before they could report back near as I could tell, and later on Sabbat got the old bastard himself. Works for me. I awoke a century later when the stake in my chest rotted out. Cammies found me, and I settled outside their borders in a little shithole of a town called LaBelle. I was more interested in working the markets and minding my own business. Your Prince expanded around me, and did not wish to honor my claim, despite his Council advising him to. At that point, realizing I had not only another fresh start in front of me, but one positioned so that the Cam was in no position to complain, claimed the panhandle for my own, and declared Tallahassee my capital."

"Ducks in a row you see. Since then I have been lining up plenty of ducks. I have fingers in transportation, and business arrangements with many high placed Camarilla members. You call me lucky, I call it business as usual tempered with a bit of well learned restraint. Once I lined up my ducks, I parked some field pieces behind them, and have continued with my work. It's the American way. Seize an opportunity and expand on it."
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:43 pm

"And what makes you think he will simply leave you be?" Duncan replied. "He did not recognize your claim to ground before... and if he chooses to expand again, he will likely ignore you once more... and could work to invalidate any deals you have made by making a better offer. They are his subjects and he is the Prince...."

Duncan was intrigued and it showed in his voice. He'd never heard of a deal kept with an Anarch anywhere. Granted, he only had a limited knowledge of such things... but A Prince respecting Anarch claims was a new one.
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:51 pm

"The treaty of barbs . The justicars recognize we hold a form of praxis and enforce domain without partiality. I chose not to call an archon to hear my claim, because there were bigger fish in my grasp. "
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:19 pm

She leaned back.

"Mr. McIntyre, the formal claim had not been made upon La Belle when Mr. Alexander took it. Tallahassee has been formally claimed and there are others now who will help him to keep that claim. And you should be one of them."
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:15 pm

"Oh sure..." He replied. "That was never any question... but to go off and claim ground just because its there is not always the best course of action. I'll help secure family interests... as long as they benefit strictly family. There should be no question of that... but I do question grandiose claims."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:24 pm

Johnathon leaned back in his chair and looked at Duncan with a raised eyebrow.

"Grandiose? Have you looked at your Prince's claims lately? And just pray tell, how is the actions of my own government of any concern to one outside my sect? Do you somehow equate me with the cringing and weak rabble that some Anarchs have become in these pathetic modern nights? Or do you simply take umbrage with an Anarch actually looking around and taking domain instead of licking the crumbs off the table of the Camarilla? Do my deeds and words offend your delicate East Coast sensibilities? Or are you simply unused to dealing with western folk? And I can all but assure you, you've not dealt with one direct from my era. Much of what you see in popular fiction is oh so very true. We are a rough and tumble lot when needful, and you'd be amazed at what we can do. I suggest you stop worrying about my business and see to yours."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:49 pm

She sat back.

"And we do not know that he cannot hold it. He has proven to me that he can hold much land."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5