Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:38 pm

Johnathon smiled. "To date, other than myself, the praetor is the only kindred in Florida who has any sort of access to government in Tallahasee. I plan to put up a high powered marconi station in Tallahasee, as well as acquire several newspapers in my holdings. "

Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:29 pm

"I would not get the Seneschal involved if you can help it," Duncan said to Johnathan. "Nos, while usually fair with a deal made, can double cross you in some fashion unless its a point of honor... especially if its a better deal they are approached with."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Johnathons eyes went black with rage as he reached over and grabbed Duncan by the shirt collar.

"My. Lover. Is. Nos. "
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:36 pm

Neither of them saw her move as she suddenly had John by the back of the collar.

"John! You will not cause violence in my home, in one of my meetings. Act like you're riding the moon when it is not in the sky, and I will throw you out my window."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:40 pm

"Teach the cammie better manners...." He said after a moment
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:41 pm

She shook his collar slightly, as he hadn't let him go.

"I will. And I will teach you proper respect of my household. Now let him go."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:47 pm

Without a word, he released his hold on Duncan.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:00 pm

She removed her hand from his collar and stepped back around her desk.

"Now, Duncan, please refrain from broad generalizations. While the Seneschal might be one to do such a thing, I trust that my John can trust his lover with implicity. And John, you will understand that generalizations do not always include your lover, so you need not react in such a manner."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:44 pm

"My apologies praetor. But with all due respect, I have a rather good relationship with the nos of this state aside from living with one. Duncan may wish to drop the east coast wise guy persona. We are all family here after all and should maintain a united front. "
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:27 pm

Duncan let Christine deal with Grant in her way. Once everything was said, he spoke up.

"I take no offense, Johnanthan," He said. "Love has a way of affecting judgement on may levels... I was referring to the Seneschal and not your woman... Christine understood this and I should think you would too if you gave it a quarter thought. She is right- you need to take her advice and not immediately assign statements to include your lover; all that does is give you a rep that can bite you in the ass later, especially if you are in an Elysia.
Its a matter of control, old boy... One of the oldest games we 'cammies' play is inciting others to riot in order to demonstrate how not under a state of control a person is and its a pretty old game. As Christine can tell you, ts often played in the halls of Elysium where business is sometimes done among those who inhabit the Ivory Tower.

Brushing off his collar, he continued. "You need to remember that the Nosferatu make deals with almost anyone- its in their nature and if they can make a profit from selling information on you to someone else, they will; its how they roll, if you will. I'm certain your woman wouldn't do such a thing to you... and you've taken pains to assure this," He said. "But you have no guarantee that others of her clan would not. I'm certain your woman knows this and if she is concerned about your dealings as you believe her to be, she'll protect them.

My words are not meant as insult, John, they are merely saying you need to be cautious about dealing with nos not connected to you.
He said. "Deals with the Sewer Kids should be signed in blood using a Warlock's services if possible or done in a manner that will protect your interests and fuck theirs if they double deal you. Not easy to do with the more connected nos... but doable. If a nos gets a rep as a double dealer, then their services won't be used and their word worthless. As an Anarch, I'm certain you understand how Rep works..."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:54 pm

"I've been dealing with the nos when this century was just a fantasy. One of them made me who I am now. I won't tell you how to run your criminals, and you don't tell me how to manage my personal or business affairs. And for the other game, I already won a round of that with one of the primogen."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:56 pm

She shook her head.

"But you lost today. Keep that in mind, please."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 2:03 pm

"As he said, love causes strange reactions sometimes "
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 1:39 pm

She nodded.

"So, we close our fist around the state. If you need help in Miami, Mr. McIntyre, just let me know. I am always willing to lend a helping hand to my Clan."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Johnathon nodded. "There are... things I can do. More so as I am free of many of the restraints of the Camarilla, and because of where I sit. Do you plan to claim territory in Miami, or simply live there?"
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Duncan paused a few seconds before replying. "My plans, like those of others, are subject to change depending on certain factors. however, they seem to be quite stable for now..." He said. "The goal, besides living there, is to exert a more substantial control over various sections of the city and areas near it. Fort Lauderdale being part of what I wish to exert control over.

I don't intend on making everything mine- that just begs someone to come take more than you would like... and I don't need a fight before I'm ready for one,"
He said. "I think a major foray into securing influence over Building and Trades in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties would be a good thing right now. Any assistance with that would be outstanding... If one controls where the construction goes, one can influence who works where..."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:15 pm

"Come see me in Tallahasee. Perhaps we can arrange to get state planning commissions and the like predisposed to work with your people. "
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:30 pm

She smiled.

"I can extend my reach that far. It will not be that hard."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:42 pm

"In what ways?"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:09 pm

She turned to John with a smile.

"Not all my influence in is the capitol. Having influence over the companies who do the construction work is just as effective as influencing the people who tell them where to do it."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:11 pm

"Indeed. I have given thought to acquiring a mill or foundry for that reason"
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:52 pm

"And having ties to various planning boards..." Duncan said "ties neatly into my overall plans. Heavy Industry in the South on a par with the classic foundries of the North is not all that strong in Florida but it is here."

A pause. "Starting a new foundry is a difficult process; far too many laws and regulations to manage to even break ground. Better off finding something idle and retooling. Far easier and more efficient, depending on what you intend on, to re-purpose something pre-existing. In this economy, jobs for the Kine are an easy way to get influence over folks with minimal effort..."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:13 pm

"Teaching granny to suck eggs " he chuckled "contrary to popular belief, anarch does not equate to ill informed "
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 12:58 am

She sighed.

"Boys, you think the worst of each other. Really."
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:18 am

A smile. "More like testing to see how much he really does know, Christine," He replied. "I've met more than a few of our clan who refuse to even consider a simple Cell-phone for use, trusting in what they know to work as the only way. Thankfully, most realize they needed to come into the 21st century. It's good to know despite John's anachronistic tendencies, his mind is in the here and now."

Looking to his fellow Ventrue he continued. "The one person I am thinking of used carrier pigeons and the like for sending messages. Nice as long as the bird gets through but far too slow and prone to loss.
He said. "Mind you... there are uses for things from an earlier time- though mostly for backup of the current or a theme park. Which, come to think of it, you might want to look into. You are in Florida, land of the Mouse that roared... so making a park full things pertaining to say the 1800's would be a draw."

A pause. "There is a park in northern NJ dedicated to the old American West, gun fights included. It does well enough there so why not here?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next