Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:57 pm

He shrugged. "We are all stake holders here, there should at least be an assistant role of some sort to you to handle business too trivial for yourself. Organization now will pay off in the future. "
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Duncan listened. "Well, our missing family member not withstanding... there is only two of us who reside within the walls of the Tower, three if you do count her. Given Mister Grant's status, whatever we do organize here could develop problems if the Strategoi doesn't like it..." He said. "Not that I'm concerned about it... but it is something to remember. Not all among the Board are open-minded.

A pause as he gathered his thoughts. "For now, I think a Praetor is the best bet until there are more of us. A second contact is a solid idea but more organization other than the loose one that is in place is problematic at best to implement properly and not look.... silly." Duncan commented dryly. "As for the Harpy... she seems a nice enough woman in my dealings with her in private already. Young of Mind certainly... Is she capable of actually being one or was she an eye-candy deal his Grace struck with someone? Who is trying to get her tossed and what outright benefit is there to backing her keeping the seat unless its to simply deny some else their favorite?"
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:02 pm

"For internal purposes, this loose organization is rather good. But what of external? I'm about to turn an eye to business interests in Europe and along the Atlantic seaboard. I have license to run ships out of Jacksonville, and am working up a deal to handle more for others. I can tell you now, when I start talking to family in Europe, Anarch or not, they will be looking at this state closely and possibly sending people over. Organization now, even if it's just on paper will pay off in the long term and could preserve what we do have here now."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:02 am

She turned to Johnathan.

"Mr. Grant, if you would inform our new clan mate of Areron's past?"
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:10 am

He turned to Christine with a bit of anger in his eyes. "Raz0r is my lover you know, I'm a bit biased. Regardless of the fact, Areron took part in killing Raz0r's former domitor in Seattle. She didn't actually harm Johnny Nobody, but she did lure him into the ambush that killed him."

"She... also is an accomplished blade smith. Perhaps one of the finest in the world. I own two of her weapons, and they rank among the finest weapons that exist on this earth."

And just to prove it, he retrieved the gunblade that had been wrapped and stored in a nearby corner. (18 successes, appearance bitchin' )

"I'd suggest getting one before she gets killed." he said to both of his clanmates.
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:30 am

A nod. "I'll keep that in mind, John... I have been meaning to get a proper English longsword," He said with a slight smile. "Perhaps I'll place an order."

A glance to Lowrey. "I take it there is little to be done officially to prevent this woman from taking the seat? I dislike getting in the middle of personal relations and their problems... but despite his politics, he is family and she his moll..." He said. Toreador can be a pain to get tossed once in a position considering all the promises they tend to make."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:33 am

She nodded.

"I doubt there is much to be done to keep her from the position. But that does not mean that I must support her before she has gotten it. He goal is to find four among the council to support her. I will not until she has the position. Our clan is too small to let the fact that one of us is Anarch get in the way of Family."

She turned to Johnathan.

"So no, I will not support her until she has the position. At which point, I must, for political reasons. To not support the sitting Harpy when I have none that could successfully take her place would be folly."
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:39 am

Duncan nodded. "Family is family... without it what are you?" He said. "Lip Serivce support is lip service support. Support her in the position but if you've a less than desirable status, perhaps that would be best loaned. Polite insult as it were, showing where she stands with us perhaps or would that be lost on the woman?"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:41 am

She laughed.

"Mr. McIntyre, I am a woman who has kept a negative status because it serves as a warning. I will give her my least desirable. Whether it's lost on her or not is not the point. It is a message to the rest."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:46 pm

He listened to the exchange and nodded. "Your sheriff even has warned me how dangerous Areron is. She courts power, is ruthless, and ahh believes she is part elf. Plus I have found by and large the local Toreador to be a bunch of back stabbing.... well Tories. The only one I trust is Miss Vella, and she's currently away."
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 1:50 pm

"I see," Duncan mused. "What are the chances of arranging an accident then? If she courts power, setting her up for failure should be possible. If she is politicking for the harpy seat, why not Prince? If you can convince her she can take it, encourage her to fulfill her destiny or calling or whatever the Roses-" Just a touch of sarcasm there... "call the quest for their mastery of their craft. If all they are around here are knife in the dark experts, then I should think the local flowers would work to wilt her. Or his Grace will. Brujah can be more paranoid than Tremere..."

A pause. "Or is she very well connected?"
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 1:54 pm

"Not touching that one at all. I get away with just enough meddling in Cam affairs as they will readily accept given my business interests. As for well connected politically? It appears she's well enough connected. She's good at groveling and kissing up to folks."

He shook his head remembering something. "Never had anyone bowing to me before just because I took a stupid title to impress Cammies"
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:02 pm

"Heh... she sounds just the sort of pliable stupid most want in that seat," He replied.
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:06 pm

He shook his head.

"No, I think it's an act. She cleverly 'doesn't remember' her actions in Seattle... I might add a fair number of folks in your Prince's domain are from Seattle. She knows how to game the system and suck up. Two master crafted blades? My cost was some lore and perhaps a couple million in cash. I can tell when someone is trying to keep me on their good side. Even more so since I am close to someone who she thinks wants her dead."
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:07 pm

"Interesting..." He replied.
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:14 pm

"Whatever she is, she is poison I am almost certain of that. Skillful? Without a doubt. Intelligent? Certainly. She certainly fills an ideal for the roll of harpy, but I wouldn't trust her in it at all, and would make sure that the clan as a whole is carefully insulated from the Toreador."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 8:34 pm

She nodded.

"I can do all that. And we can distance ourselves easily enough. It probably helps in this instance that the Prince hates me."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 8:45 pm

"Eh, he hates all Ventrue to one degree or another. I don't think it's so much personal as... fundamental. "
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 8:10 pm

"Ours and theirs rarely get along unless both are involved in destroying the Rebellion..." He said. "Then its pleasure for both parties, inter-clan animosity not withstanding. At least that's what I noticed in New York and in San Francisco."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 8:37 pm

"I hate sabbat" he said as his eyes flashed black with momentary rage. "Some things are near universal "
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:26 pm

"His highness has special reasons to hate our Clan. So, that's settled. Now, we should move on to what our clans goals are in this state."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:36 pm

"Now that is a good question. Mine involve maintaining a strong presence in all aspects of shipping, as well of course control over state government. "
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:25 pm

"Civil engineering..." Duncan replied with a slight smile. "Construction, Unions and some of the entertainment sector... Perhaps some security firms as most places need protection. I already have a few hooks in a few places here; its just a matter of solidifying them. Elements of the New York families that live down here I already have a measure of influence over... courtesy of a few made men who moved here from there.

He looked over to Johnathan. "Perhaps we could work on some of the trucking companies down here; quite a few ship the seaboard to other ports if you are having problems here. I know a few someones that look the other way when needed..."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:28 pm

He smiled. "Your Seneschal is a minority partner in my company. Once I get shipping going, I'll sit down with you. I plan to travel to Europe soon to negotiate both with the Baron of Ireland and various family in England. "
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:34 pm

She smiled.

"We are quite able to handle what we already have. My fingers are already slipping into the media and control of the roads. The airways are out of reach, but the lobbyists love me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor   There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There are things to discuss (Ventrue) - Lowrey Manor
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next