Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) Empty
PostSubject: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:06 pm

Cass didn't tell anyone where she was going. The best thing for her to do right now, was to get on her bike and drive as far away as the night would take her with the limited time she had. She left with the clothes on her back and an extra set in her bag. She had her phone, but chances were she wouldn't answer it anyway.

Southwest she drove, speeding down I-95 and then speeding more while driving west on I-75. Right until she hit Everglade City, just west of Ochopee. She wanted someplace relatively secluded. Someplace a little rustic, close to nature. It was better for her anyhow.

She found a place; Miller's World Glades Haven Cozy Cabins Resort, it was called. And she rented out her own place on an end all to herself for the next week, thinking she could always extend the time later.

And that's where she'd be. Doing what she came to this state to do in the first place-- seeing it. The blinds were covered in duct tape to help keep out the sun. But, she wasn't daft and knew that she'd more than likely be sleeping in the bathroom tub or a closet. But let's face it, she'd slept in worse places.

She wasn't exactly hiding, but she wasn't exactly keen on the world knowing where she was, either. It was just vacation.

She rode about on her bike or wandered to the top of the nearest tree to her cabin. She hung out in the city to people watch and to buy a pack of smokes. So, not unfindable, not by any means. Just not... nearby.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Hathaway
Elder
Alexander Hathaway

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:54 am

Coincidences were funny things. He didn't have the bike or the truck this time. He had the 2009 camero, yellow with a black racing stripe down the middle. He pulled into the city, just planning on making a quick stop before heading back to PSL. Smokes is what he was after, perhaps a good cup of coffee as well. Stepping out of the car he wasn't in a leather jacket or dress clothes. His hair wasn't slicked back. He was naturally dry and a bit disheveled. Jeans and a plain black t-shirt is what he wore. Stepping out he naturally looked around first, taking in his surroundings.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 6:48 am

Cass was sitting on the ground, her back against a tree, knees up to her chest as she just watched the pre-Memorial Day vacationers mill about in the warm air. Jeans and a black tank top and red flats, that was... well, that's what she'd had on her person when she left. And given just how far she went, she wasn't expecting to see anyone she knew, so she wasn't looking.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Hathaway
Elder
Alexander Hathaway

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:08 pm

Well, this was either not good or just a huge coincedence, and she hadn't noticed him. He looked at his pack, one smoke left. Hmmm decisions decisions...He quickly went in to the store and grabbed another pack, as well as one of hers. He came back out and went toward where she sitting on the opposite side of her dropping a the pack of her smokes into her lap. He looked slightly different, his eyes were naturally blue tonight, the facial features were changed just a bit. Enough that he didn't look as much like blake. He sat next to her. "People watching, I know many people that did that in Vegas."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:14 pm

As the pack of smokes were dropped in her lap, she jumped. Can you blame her? She jumped, scooting a little to the side, eyes shooting upward in Alexander's direction. She held her hand to her chest and... well... gave him a once over. But he still sounded like Alexander.

"You scared the shit out of me, man... You aren't following me, are you?"
Back to top Go down
Alexander Hathaway
Elder
Alexander Hathaway

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:18 pm

"I was gonna ask you the same thing. But based off of that reaction I think not. No I was out looking at some property out this way. The owner was kind enough to give me an early evening tour of the land. Made a stop for more smokes in hopes to make it back to PSL before tooooo late. But that's not gonna happen cause quite frankly your out here for a reason and I aint leaving here as long as your jumpy as hell." Obviously someone had told him recently to leave them the fuck alone, was he putting his foot down this time. Maybe. "So ya wanna talk about it, or you wanna keep doing some people watching?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:24 pm

"We're three hours away from Port St. Lucie. You'll never make it back in time," she shook her head. "I'm on vacation, it's as simple as that."

And she lit a smoke, eyes on the people that were at a distance.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Hathaway
Elder
Alexander Hathaway

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:33 pm

"Aha, vacation, cause I really believe that. But hey that's your story and your sticking to it right?" He lit his own ciggerette. "You know back in Vegas fountains were a wondeful place to people watch, and booyyy did you get some interesting poeple out there."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Seriously?!

"Vacation was better than going off and looking for trouble. So, yeah, it's what I'm sticking with." She took a long drag, longer than any mortal should have off of a clove.

"The Bellagio Fountains," she nodded. "Spent a lot of time there."
Back to top Go down
Alexander Hathaway
Elder
Alexander Hathaway

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:39 pm

He cringed just a bit as she mentioned the Bellagio. It was quick but noticable. "Aye, so did I...some nights I think too much time."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:41 pm

"Why do you bring up Vegas if the subject irks you?" Yes, she'd noticed. Perceptive, this one was.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Hathaway
Elder
Alexander Hathaway

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:47 pm

"Because what your doing now.." pointing off to the people moving around just getting their early day started. "that's what I did when I had issues. Hoped that by watching them I might find some mysterious answer to my problems." he gave a meh facial expression. "some nights it did, some nights I found trouble when I wasn't looking for it." he laughed at that part, "and some nights it just left me with more questions then answers."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:51 pm

"Did you actually care about the people you watched, though? Did you wonder what it was like when you saw a family walk by, happy and content? Did you pray and hope that the elderly man that sit and sipped his coffee and a fast food joint had many more years to sit and relax as time passed him by at a leisurely pace? Did you ever stop and stare on the side of a road as emergency services worked to pull a dead body from a wreck and wish it was you instead of them?"

She looked at him curiously. "Did you?"
Back to top Go down
Alexander Hathaway
Elder
Alexander Hathaway

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:58 pm

"Damn near every night Cass. There was a time where I didn't care about anyone or anything...But that place. As much as I loath it, that place brought me back from the line. And it wasn't just our associates that were there, it was the people that helped me do that."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:02 pm

"Well, then good on that place," she gave a little shrug. "Me? I'm hopping a plane and going back."
Back to top Go down
Alexander Hathaway
Elder
Alexander Hathaway

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:08 pm

"Why?" simple question.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:09 pm

"To disappear."

Simple answer.
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:09 pm

A late model sleeper cab tractor rig pulled up. It had dropped its load, and it was clear the driver was looking for a room and place to park.

A modern dressed Johnathon hopped out and pulled a nylon windbreaker on.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Hathaway
Elder
Alexander Hathaway

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:13 pm

"Not the right way to do it. Disappering won't make things better in the long run." he looked toward the sleeper cab. Noticed the man. A small mumble in cajun. He turned his face for a second and when he looked back to Cass the way she had seen him before was back. "looks like we have more company."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:15 pm

"Okay, this whole disappearing act isn't working..." Cass stood, brushing the grass from her butt while the clove cigarette dangled from her lips. She started walking back toward the cabins that sat about 500 feet away.
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:15 pm

The ventrue paused and took out a platinum lighter and lit a fragrant smelling cigarette.

"Cass !" He said happily. "How is Florida's loveliest speed demon doing ?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Cass gave Johnathon the darkest look she could muster. Cold and unfeeling, really. And kept walking.
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:19 pm

He raised an eyebrow at her. "Honestly cass, I expected nicer. Did I do something to you I missed ?"
Back to top Go down
Alexander Hathaway
Elder
Alexander Hathaway

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:20 pm

He stood up himself and walked off into the wooded area, unless stopped.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:21 pm

"Johnathon, leave it be... That's all I ask. Just leave it be."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)   Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Somewhere Between Ochopee and Everglade City (open)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next