Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Markus Jacobs
Ancilla
Markus Jacobs

Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 3:58 am

"The Almighty was a little more... direct. And what's done is done. Eons ago, when we fell, when man fell from grace with us, the commandment was simple; Guide and protect man, but do not reveal yourselves to them. Then comes the cataclysm. On the horizon, we can see the destruction of man and God tells us to do nothing. We are told not to act, to simply let man's destruction come. God gives us the directive, we who were created to love, and guide, and protect," As Markus spoke of the fall, his voice became more strained, as if he were fighting back his anger, "we were to watch with dispassionate eyes as our creations were wiped from the earth because He was displeased.

Within the frail shell that was his body a powder keg was ignited. His massive wings slammed against his ribs and his expression was one that Emily might now be used to. God had betrayed mankind, and in doing so, he had betrayed the Elohim and Markus wasn't just hurt or upset, he was down right pissed off about it.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Methuselah
Emily

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:49 am

Even Emily's face contorted with the stain of holding back her pain and anger. She looked down and bit her lip. Her house above all was to watch and protect Man.

"What is done is done and now we must reveal ourselves in order to survive." She said looking up at the Father, a little glint I'm her ancient green eyes.
Back to top Go down
tyreal
Elder
tyreal

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:25 pm

The grand display of Markus had only a subtle effect on Father Marik. His calm demeanor and stalwart presence seemed to remain intact. His eyes however, widened and took in the full glory of Markus.

Then when the moment had passed Father Marik's expression molded back into the tranquil sea of serenity it usually had. He pondered some more about what was just said.
"So to sum everything up, he who is on high tasked you with the protection and guidance of Mankind. Then you fell from grace. Now, he who is on high has tasked you with not interfering and only watch as Mankind fails and destroys itself. This has given you two orders which contradict themselves, and has created great ire within you. In addition, you can not fulfill either task without breaking the other.

And judging by your last comments, it would seem you have chosen to fulfill the first command over the latter. Does that about sum things up?"
Back to top Go down
Markus Jacobs
Ancilla
Markus Jacobs

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:46 pm

"You're getting there, Padre. Your timeline is a little skewed. It went like this: God says Let there be light, and there is. Then he creates us, the Host. We're split into Seven Houses, each of us with a task, a mandate and abilities to better carry out that mandate."

"So then, we do what we were meant to, we set about building God's grand design. We move mountains, create the seas, seed the earth, create the winds and fill paradise with all manner of life until finally the grand design culminates with the Birth of Man. Now, we figure that we'll be allowed to reveal ourselves to man, but God says no, that humanity needs to find it's potential on it's own, but we should help nudge your race in the right direction and protect them. Now, Man is given two things that no other race, not even our own, is given. He's given true free will and some small measure of divine essence. But regardless of these things, he still functions on a primitive, almost instinctual level."

"No matter what we did, Adam and Eve and their descendants, couldn't get past the basic instinctual level of other animals. So this angers God. Clearly something's gone wrong, time to wipe out the Human Race, maybe even all of creation, and start again. And we see this darkness on the horizon, we see that mankind, who we know is capable of more, is facing imminent destruction. And God tells us to do nothing."

"So let's recap, just to make sure we're all still on the same page; God creates light, God creates angels, God directs angels to create the cosmos and the world. Creation culminates in the birth of man. Angels are forbidden to reveal themselves to man but are told to watch, guide, and protect mankind. Man is flawed in the eyes of God, his maker, and his destruction is on the horizon, a certainty that Angels are commanded to let happen."

"This is where it all goes to hell... literally. Lucifer, First Angel, Seraph of the Flaming Brand, The Morning Star, and greatest among the Heavenly Host does something that none of us could have fathomed. Lucifer challenges the will of God over the existence of humanity. But it's not just him. He leads a full third of the Heavenly Host, three million plus Angels side with Lucifer, refusing to just give up on our charges. This was the first time we defied God."

"So we begin to meet in the far places away from God's prying eyes, because contrary to popular belief, God isn't all knowing or all powerful. We begin to plan and it's decided that we would go to Humanity, reveal ourselves and teach them. That was the second time we defied God. Under the cover of darkness, during a night that lasted as long as we could make it last, we taught them. We gave them art and science, we gave them basic mathematical principles, the theory and design of the wheel and tools with which to till the earth and to reap the crops that they'd sewn. But even we couldn't stop the coming of the dawn and when Morning came the Age of Wrath began. That is when we truly fell."
Back to top Go down
tyreal
Elder
tyreal

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:15 am

I see. He pondered the words thinking...
Back to top Go down
Emily
Methuselah
Emily

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:22 am

Emily chewed on her lip some more, then scooted over, closer to Markus. She wasn't sure what Father Marik would make of it all. He had been saintly calm so far, but he was a vampire after all.
Back to top Go down
tyreal
Elder
tyreal

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:59 pm

I think I understand, however, I now am not sure what your dilemma is. What is the issue you are having problems with? Is it the going against the word of him on high? The slight confusion was present in his face.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Methuselah
Emily

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:07 pm

"We are no longer filled with Faith. We are cut off from Him." Emily tried explaining.

"Before, we were forbidden to reveal ourselves, but now...we must reveal ourselves to Man. Without Men believing in us and gifting us thier faith, we would diminish and fade."
Back to top Go down
Markus Jacobs
Ancilla
Markus Jacobs

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 12:23 am

"And furthermore, we need to figure out how to go about gaining that faith. On the one hand, we could rend men limb from limb, terrorize them as some of us did during the age of wrath and become tyrants or despots. On the other hand, we can reach out a compassionate hand and help humanity. We have a choice to make, Padre."

He gave pause for a moment, "So you see, it's not so much about how you can help us, as much as it's a question of how we can help you. Because in helping you, we help ourselves. Make sense?"
Back to top Go down
tyreal
Elder
tyreal

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 8:10 am

Father Marik smiled as Markus mentioned the word 'Choice'. Really, everything came down to it. It is why he was back. "It sounds like you know what is it you are doing. Are you asking me to tell you what to do? or offer advice on how to do something? Cause what I have heard you tell me, is that you have a choice. A choice to harm mankind, of help mankind. I believe you want to help mankind. So you have made your choice. In order to help mankind, you need Faith. And you do not know how to obtain that Faith, especially in a world we have today? So are you asking me how I think you should go about gaining Faith from mankind?
Back to top Go down
Emily
Methuselah
Emily

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 12:52 pm

Emily bit her lip.

"I believe we are asking to assist you and hope that you would have faith in us in return."
Back to top Go down
tyreal
Elder
tyreal

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 7:04 pm

He smiled again softly. My child, I have faith in abundance. Faith that things work out they way they are meant to. I am but a messenger. If you seek to help me, that is your choice. I will not prevent you from what it is you choose to do. Whether you are angel, human, insect, or whatever. Mine is not to tell you what to do, only to listen and open your eyes to the choices before you. Is that acceptable? Or is there something you would have me do?
Back to top Go down
Emily
Methuselah
Emily

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:32 am

Emily let the mortal guise slowly fade away. Her warm aura grew until it filled the room with the smell of sun and green. It warmed even his dead flesh. Her skin nearly glowed with health and life. Her eyes literally shone with a soft green light. Her hair grew long, it touched the floor lightly. From her back, two beautiful white and black speckled owl's wings grew. They stretched out now free of her mortal guise. She seemed to overflow with life and love, she was every bit an angel.

"I want your love too Father. Your blessing, your guidence. You are like a light in the dark and I wish to assist you." Her voice was like the wind, a soft breeze from all directions. She watched him with love in her eyes as she stood there exposed, naked to his judgement.
Back to top Go down
tyreal
Elder
tyreal

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Father Marik stood there, taking all of Emily in her glory. The wings, the glow, the soft gentle whispered voice, all of it. He let it all sink in for a few minutes. Then when her words sank in and he began to understand them, he gave a slightly saddened look. "My child, 'Love' is something that I have not felt in a very long time, centuries. But if that is what you need from me, I will give you what I have. I am not sure whether my blessings will mean anything, but if that is also what you need, I will willingly give my blessing. And as always, it is my station to guide, so you can have my council any time you need."
Back to top Go down
Markus Jacobs
Ancilla
Markus Jacobs

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:37 am

Suddenly, Markus' own mortal guise simply faded into a nimbus of light. His features became refined to divine perfection as he was bathed in a myriad of shifting colors. His eyes burned with the cold light of the cosmos as his own hair lengthened to the center of his back and then, from his own back grew a massive pair of while eagles wings, each a third again as long as he was tall. His nimbus did not diminish Emily's light, indeed it strengthened it and it filled the room. Flowers in vases leaned towards the other angel and her light almost felt like the glow of the sun on a warm spring day. When he spoke, his voice was akin to the clearest bell mixed with the deepest rolling thunder which spoke God's decree and it became clear that Marik was gazing upon the form of an archangel.

"What she is saying, Father Marik, is that we want to help you achieve your goals. You have lost your church. We can help you find another, help you rebuild. You seek to shepherd the lost lambs, we can guide them to you. And all we ask is that you believe in us, Marik. All we ask is that you have faith, honest faith in us. Can you do that, Marik? Can you promise, on your soul, to believe in us, to not just say it but to truly believe that we can help you and all of mankind?"

His gaze, the infinite cosmos came to rest upon the Kindred like the weight of creation as he awaited the answer.
Back to top Go down
tyreal
Elder
tyreal

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:19 pm

Father Marik seemed to stand there for a moment, well a little longer than that. Perhaps he was taken in by all the glory of the 'light', or perhaps he was just thinking. After a short moment of silence, he squinted and lowered his head. When he spoke, his voice was slightly strained as if in a little pain. "Yes I can do that."
Back to top Go down
Markus Jacobs
Ancilla
Markus Jacobs

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 2:46 pm

Markus' head tilted slightly with a quizzical look, "Father, are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
tyreal
Elder
tyreal

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 3:40 pm

After a couple of blinks and a light rub of his head he nodded. "I think so. Perhaps just a bit too bright?"
Back to top Go down
Emily
Methuselah
Emily

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:55 pm

"I'm sorry Father. We can't help what we are." She looked sad for his pain, her aura seemed to tighten around him, embracing him, seeping away his pain.

"I am Mihr, Angel of Mercy, Giver of Life."
Back to top Go down
Markus Jacobs
Ancilla
Markus Jacobs

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 4:44 am

"And I am Geldebir, onetime Archangel of the House of the Dawn and Bearer of His Word."
Back to top Go down
tyreal
Elder
tyreal

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:01 am

He nodded as they revealed their true names. "Since we are revealing who we are, then I see it only courteous I do the same. Please know that when I walk among the mortals, I go by Father Marik, but secretly I have another name. I am Seraphym 'Tyreal' the Archangel Messenger. Kind of app re pox?"
Back to top Go down
Emily
Methuselah
Emily

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 7:54 pm

Mihr the angel laughed, it sounded like leaves rustling.

"You and Markus are similar then. See? In our absence, new angels rose."
Back to top Go down
tyreal
Elder
tyreal

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 8:16 am

He simply nodded.
Back to top Go down
Markus Jacobs
Ancilla
Markus Jacobs

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:38 pm

"Hmm, interesting..." For a moment he pondered before he slowly resumed the mortal form that he wore so often.

"So do we have an accord then, Father? You promise, on your soul, to have faith in Mihr and I, in our work and our cause. And in return, we will help you rebuild and find the faithful, that you might shepherd them toward Grace?"
Back to top Go down
tyreal
Elder
tyreal

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 6:51 pm

"I am not a shepherd. I am a messenger. Mine is not to bring those of the faithful to grace. Though I have already said that I have faith in what you say, and who you are. Though I am curious that you would need a 'promise'. Promises are words of Men, they can be given and taken, kept or broken. Faith is a belief, there is no right or wrong, there is no keeping or breaking.

Have you not been listening to what I have said? What I have told Emily? We all have a choice. I have chosen to have faith in what you have told me. I choose to believe this. Is that not enough?"

It was clear that Father Marik was sincere in his support of Emily and Markus, but at the same time a slight confusion that an 'Angel' needed a 'Promise' to somehow 'seal' a deal or 'Pact'. Could they not see into the 'heart' of a man, and know his measure?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home   Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rome (Emily, Tyreal) - Emily's Home
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next