Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop Empty
PostSubject: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 2:22 pm

So, she didn't eat anymore, but the place still smelled of tea and citrus and freshly baked cake as the Caitiff, despite her undead nature, had never stopped liking the little things in life.

A few boxes, half sorted, half just a big mess, stood throughout the small apartment while the blond herself sat on the floor with her legs tucked into a lotus position, sorting through books and putting them up on the shelf while the timer on the oven ticked away, ready to alert her when the spice cake would be ready.

Why did she bake? She wasn't sure, she just liked the smell and it was essential to the holiday, just like the red hat on her head and the small tree tucked in the corner and decorated with silver, red and gold.

Diego was helping too, that is to say, he was taking things out of the boxes and spreading them across the floor where RnR was shuffling around.

Usually, the Caitiff kept an open house on Christmas eve, a chance for friends to drop by if they wanted to. But, she didn't really know all that many in PSL yet, so she wasn't really expecting anyone to come knocking on her door. Not that it was bringing her down though even if she was alone. The simple fact that she was there and unpacking was enough to keep a happy smile on her lips. Because it meant one simple thing: she was giving it a chance, she was staying.

The radio was playing in the background while the blond hummed to the tune and put another book up on the shelf.

Happy Caitiff was happy.

Last edited by Storyteller on Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ife.no
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 6:01 am

It was around 11pm on Christmas Eve when there was a knock on her door.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 6:22 am

"Just a minute" called the cheerful voice from inside before being followed by a few quick steps and the sound of the door handle being turned.
"Merry Ch..." the blond in the red Christmas hat stopped as the door was pulled open and her gaze locked on him. For a second she looked surprised and then the surprise gave way to a smile of excited happiness as she moved to throw her arms around him.
"You came!"
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 6:24 am

He seemed a little surprised by her enthusiastic reaction, but his arms went around her when she hugged him. He was laughing, his voice pleasant and amused as he held her. Slipping back into the language of his birth that he used with her, his voice sounded quite joyous. "Of course I did. I wouldn't miss Christmas with you."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:06 am

Gentle hands found his cheeks as she pulled back just enough look into his eyes for a moment before pressing her lips to his with a content sigh of happiness. The kiss soft and lingering though without a doubt passionate for a good long while before the blond pulled back to whisper with a smile.
"You're amazing... thank you" Teddy, who was currently barefooted and simply dressed in a pair of comfortable looking pj pants and a tank top (save for the red Christmas hat obviously), touched her lips to his again and gazed up at him with those bright blue eyes of hers that appeared to be smiling as much as her lips did. "This is the best Christmas present I could've hoped for"
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:58 pm

He more than accepted the kiss from her; he returned it. One hand lingering at her waist while the other one seemed to be behind his back. But he half-frowned when she finished speaking, his brows going upward as his lips pursed. "Really? That's highly unfortunate. I guess I don't know what I'll do with all of these, then." Without much flourish, he brought a large gift bag from behind his back, with not very many, but with a few boxes inside. One was small enough that it had to be jewelry in some form or another, but the other two? That was anyone's guess.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 4:11 pm

"Oh Medwyn..." now she almost looked like she might cry, though, in a good way as she bit her lip and looked from the gifts and to him again with a smile. "You really are too good to me...." Teddy whispered, lifting herself up on her toes again to steal a light kiss from his lips before slowly pulling back. Her hands traveling down his arms to his hands without looking away from him.

That soft look in her eyes one of happiness as she gently pulled at his arms while stepping backwards into the tiny apartment.
"C'mon..."
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 4:30 pm

He seemed like he might laugh a little at her reaction to the gifts. It was truly just a gesture for him, and he did tend to treat his friends -- and lovers -- well. It helped that the number of each was small. He eagerly followed her inside, looking around at whatever decorations she might have up already, looking for the tree that he could put the gifts under. "Teddy... I have to say it. It smells amazing in here." It did. Spice cake... mmmm.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 4:46 pm

There weren't that many decorations, but there were some. A small tree in the corner, decorated with gold and silver and red, mistletoe hanging from the ceiling, red drapes in the windows, a poinsettia on the kitchen/dining room table. Oh, and Christmas stockings hung on the wall, Diego and RnR even had one.

"Oh, I baked" she smiled, disappearing around the corner and into the kitchen to get the cake out of the oven. "Want some coffee? Or tea? I got hot chocolate if you prefer" the blond asked while she quickly plated cookies and a couple of generous slices of still warm spice cake on a plate for him. "I even got some import beer in the fridge if you rather have something cold"

For someone who didn't eat she sure kept a well stocked little kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 5:16 pm

He smiled when he looked around the room. It was her own little version of a family Christmas, and it made him happy to see it. Happy and calm, in fact, as he moved to first put the presents under the tree. "I'd love some coffee. Something warm to drink at Christmas feels right." He smiled and followed her into the kitchen as she pulled the spice cake out of the oven. color=green]"This is actually pretty wonderful, Teddy. I didn't know that you actually did celebrate Christmas."[/color]
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 5:25 pm

"It's tradition" she smiled, having put the coffee on as she turned to face him with a happy smile. "And I like it. It's nice and it reminds me of home" the blond said softly as she leaned away from the counter and brushed past him, one hand on his chest as she reached for a small gift on top of her bookshelf and then pulled back so she could look up at him again.

"I only got you one" Teddy said slightly apologetically though the smile was genuine and warm as she bit her lip softly.
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 5:36 pm

He took the box with both hands, letting his thumbs brush over the pretty gold paper and red ribbon. He pulled the smallest of the boxes from under the tree, shaking his head. "That's quite all right. But why don't you open yours first? I'd like to see your reaction."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 5:56 pm

Teddy gingerly took the box, turning it slowly around and around with the fingers of both hands as she chewed on her lip for another moment or two as she looked up at him. Then, as her gaze turned back to the box, she carefully undid the ribbon and the wrapping so she could open it.
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 6:16 pm

He rocked back and forth on the balls of his feet as he watched her. He was smiling, but he truly hoped that she would like the gifts. Inside the small box, was a pair of earrings. The ghoul looked mildly apprehensive as she opened them, wondering if she would like them at all.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 6:27 pm

One hand found its way to touch her fingers to her lips as they parted in a soundless gasp, and for a few moments she simply stood and stared in awe.
"Oh they're beautiful....." was all she could manage to whisper at first. Her eyes slowly drifting from the earring to Medwyn without the hand moving from her lips, without her moving at all save for a soft smile partially hidden behind her finger. "I don't know what to say, Medwyn.... they're just beautiful...." because she truly was lost for words.
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 6:33 pm

His eyes seemed to dance when he saw her reaction. He was more than happy that she seemed to like them, reaching out with one hand to brush his knuckles lightly over her cheek. "I thought they would look beautiful on you. Match your eyes."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 6:46 pm

"Thank you... so much" Teddy smiled softly, moving her hand to touch the wrist of his as she turned her head just enough to brush her lips across his fingers. "Thank you..."
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:00 pm

She kissed his fingers? Oh, that wouldn't do. He cupped her cheek, bending close for a soft, gentle kiss against her lips. "I'm glad you like them."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:08 pm

The soft intake of air and the low sigh that followed was muffled by his lips as she closed her eyes and leaned into the touch. The kiss returned by smiling lips before he pulled back again, the blond still lingering close as she traced her fingertips across the back of his hand and smiled up at him.
"I more than like them" she said. "They truly are beautiful. And such a sweet gift..."
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:19 pm

He couldn't help but laugh. But he was more than happy to take her sounds, her kisses, as he watched her with his eyes dancing cheerfully. "There's two more."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Teddy titled her head gently to the side as she softly bit her lip while still gazing up at him with a lingering smile.
"Mine feels silly now" she said with a soft chuckle. "I wanted to make you something, but I didn't have time or my tools. And, mm... it's the thought that counts?" the blond added with another chuckle as she smiled at him.
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:36 pm

He started to laugh. His hand went to the back of her neck, so he could gently play with her hair. He leaned close to give her another gentle kiss. "Teddy, you thought of me for Christmas. That is enough to make me happy, no matter what happens to be inside this box."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:41 pm

"You should open it then" Teddy sighed with a smile against his lips, letting him feel the light shiver the touch of his hand sent through her, though in all honesty she didn't pull away. One hand having moved to rest on his chest while the other still carefully held the box as if it was the most precious thing in the world to her.
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:49 pm

He cupped her cheek with one hand, then lifted her face long enough to kiss her again. Then his hands were tearing at the paper, much like a little kid. What? He liked Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Now she was the one who watched slightly nervously, wondering what he'd think given that his gift was... so much more than what she was giving him.

Fact of the matter was, she'd wanted to make him something special, but with the lack of time and the lack of tools and a workshop, she'd been kind of limited as to what she could do. So, she'd opted for what she could, having chosen needle and thread over plyers, hammers and screwdrivers.

It was a simple construction, it was a scarf and as such there really was a limit as to how much you could do with it. But the hand stitching was neat and skilfully done, tying together an intricate mosaic of different sized and coloured squares and rectangles to create what was without a doubt, a lovingly made scarf about a foot in width, about six feet in length, in colours of yellow, brown, blue, black and green.
And embroidered, in one corner, were three little words set in flowing writing: "a warm embrace"

"It doesn't even really get cold enough here to wear it..." she muttered under her breath to herself more than to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop   Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas eve at the little workshop (open) - Creator's Workshop
Page 1 of 25Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next