Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
AST Smith
Neonate

One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:01 pm

The creature turned and hissed at The King In Yellow, black eyes and fangs much like a vampire's showing clearly through its open mouth. Greer falls to the ground in a heap as the creature releases her.

"You have no power over the bansidhe. We come when we are called, and she was ripe with sorrow and confusion," the voice was ethereal and menacing. "Her secret pain vibrates through the world of dreams like a song forged in creation's fire. It is sweet, so sweet, she is soooo sweet."

Darkness envelopes her sight leaving her in a world of dreamless sleep.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:06 pm

"Of course she is. Do you think such perfection occurs spontaneously? I have groomed her for generations. Now. Who are you dark sidhe?"
Back to top Go down
AST Smith
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:59 pm

"I am known as Natahdja, Princess of the Silver Lake, or at least I was until my kingdom was destroyed by the nightmares. Now I am reduced to feeding on the delicious power of dark passions and sweet sorrows." Her form, still half in and half out of the mirror, rested in the air defying all physical laws. Long flowing black and silver hair flowed in a breeze that did not exist, and while she spoke she rested her head and arm on the open air as if they were a level cushion. "If she is your work than I applaude you, but she is wasted here. What wonders she could create in dreams, what worlds she could summon forth with the sweet madness resting just behind her eyes."
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:03 pm

"Her kind are as flashes in a pan in the dream. Banal and twisted, a river with less purpose. Here, she can be savored and guided towards the end I desire," thick black tentacles birth from the floor and carefully guide a chair towards the King in Yellow as he lowers himself without looking. More black tentacles slither out from under Greer and lift her carefully into the King's lap. He brushes her hair back and cradles her lightly.

"What brings you to my domain, Natahdja, Princess of the Silver Lake?"
Back to top Go down
AST Smith
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:11 pm

"Her dreams call for a savior, someone to take her away from here and lead her back to something she no longer knows. I came to grant that wish for her." She smiled fiendishly, beautiful even in her wickedness. "Will you grant her wish cousin, or will you keep her trapped and bottle her voice to be distilled into new and wonderful creations only your own?"
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:18 pm

"I am a selfish creature by design, cousin. What do I gain by granting her some measure of freedom and allowing you to dance to her tunes?"
Back to top Go down
AST Smith
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:37 pm

She giggled, "More time maybe." Her giggle turned into laughter, haunting and melodical. She rolled onto her back and stared up at the ceiling, her hair falling loosely below her to waft about slowly. "They will come, you know?"
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:39 pm

"Who will come? I have been here for five centuries with barely a hint of the wild ones."
Back to top Go down
AST Smith
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:46 pm

Her laughter exploded, her back arching with the excitement of it, the sound would have maddened any mortal that heard it, but it rolled over the King like music. "They will, and it will be beautiful. Maybe I should speak to them." She disappeared into the mirror, but the surface of the mirror still rippled in her rapid exit. In the reflection, her hair could still be seen floating majestically.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 11:51 pm

The King in Yellow lofts a brow behind the silver mask. Hesitantly, one of the black coils attached to his body tests the mirror for structure.
Back to top Go down
AST Smith
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:06 am

The tentacle hits solid mirror, the illusion of fluidity shown for what it is.

"Yes?" Her voice calls from the other side.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:07 am

"I rather was enjoying our conversation. There are few that can penetrate the defenses of this keep. Might I persuade you to come in for some tea and accept my hospitality? It has been so very long since I entertained nobility."
Back to top Go down
AST Smith
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:11 am

"Hmm," her voice reverberates through the room, "why should I make myself so vulnerable to you, cousin, when I could go have fun with the others?" The cute and innocent tone she took to ask the question was tainted by the mischievous nature of her being.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 2:12 am

The King in Yellow tilts his head slightly, "Aside from the simply atrocious breech of decorum to cast aside an invitation from one of the peerage, my charming company of course. The innocent baubles you seek are here in plenty; I am certain you can attain both of your desires tonight."
Back to top Go down
AST Smith
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:09 am

"Ok, but if you trick me or trap me, she'll never wake up," she replied slyly as she slipped out of the mirror once more.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:37 am

The King in Yellow spreads his hands before her, palms out.

"I am certain that it is beyond my humble capacity to trap such a beauty as yourself," he rises smoothly, the tentacles craddling Greer. "Come, we shall take tea in my library."
Back to top Go down
AST Smith
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:22 pm

She glided out of the mirror with serpentine grace and put herself upright in a silver dress that shimmered like water and seemed just as fluid. Her full height was just over five and a half feet tall, and her hair fell near to the floor. As the King walked ahead, the beautiful creature followed him silently.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:29 pm

The King in Yellow guides her through the maze like corridors of his underground haven. Finally they arrive in the library, ancient, filled with books and overstuffed furniture. A roaring fire of mythical green flame jumps about in the hearth.

The King in Yellow gestures for her to sit, laying Greer onto a fainting couch before settling into his own well worn chair. Ringing a bell, after a moment a clockwork maid appears shooting small jets of steam from her joints. She chortles at the sight of the silver lady.

"Bring tea, Mrs. Pots. Biscuits, sugar," he rolls his hands in that 'etc, etc' sort of way. "Thank you."

She chortles again, sweeping a bow, "Of course, Master." He straightens and marches off to the kitchen at a hurried pace.

The silver mask of the King in Yellow turns to regard the lady once more. "So... why have you waited so long to come here if you fear me so little?"
Back to top Go down
AST Smith
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:57 pm

As the King spoke, the bansidhe set herself down somewhere comfortable.

"What an odd question. Isn't it obvious," she asked with another giggle. "I was never summmoned before and had no reason to come."
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:21 pm

The King in Yellow nods, pouring himself a cup of tea as it arrives.

"Curious. Tell me, you feed on sorrow and do so with strange magics. What do you have to offer in exchange for delightful food? Food you have eaten without my permission, by the way."
Back to top Go down
AST Smith
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 4:23 pm

"She offered herself to me," she said with a smile, "but I can give you something if you really want me to."
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 4:45 pm

"She is mine, and as such it was not her place to offer you anything. An understandable mistake. I would have gladly explained the rules of my home had you requested entry rather then trespass. I love hosting guests."

His tone remains conversational through the words, but it doesn't take much to know one has entered into dangerous ground.

"What do you offer me, Lady of the lake?"
Back to top Go down
AST Smith
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 4:51 pm

"Its a suprise," she giggles, "you wouldn't want me to ruin it would you." Her gentle features bounce a bit with the excitement radiating from her. "In all the world, what is your favorite thing?"
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 6:20 pm

An eyebrow is lofted behind the silver mask. He most certainly did want to know before playing this little game. But, he hadn't actually seen a fae in so long the novelty of the experience overrides his desire for control. At least for now.

"I prize acquiring new knowledge higher then all other things."
Back to top Go down
AST Smith
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:00 pm

She snaps her fingers. In the air in front of her, something takes shape from quicksilver smoke. The object twists and turns as if being created right in front of her, and as it solidifies it can be seen for what it is, a book.

Leather bound, about a forearms length, a hand and a half wide, and two fingers thick, the book drops onto the coffee table without disturbing the tea or any other object. Upon its brown exterior is printed a sigil of some sort, something that does not belong to any language, but is probably of a more artistic nature. The binding of the book is beautifully designed, and while it looks quite ancient, it is in excellent condition.

The bansidhe just sits smiling at the King.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp   One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One or two - The Castle Under the Swamp
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next