Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Nita Radcliffe
Ancilla
Nita Radcliffe

Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:20 pm

Creepy...

She shook it off, starting down the hall, holding the book to her chest with the invitation facing outwardly. As she got closer to the end, she called out, "Hello?"
Back to top Go down
AST Aigis
Admin
AST Aigis

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:23 pm

There was a stairwell with a flickering florescent light adding to the distinctly creepy atmosphere. When she went down the stairs she found another door. There were muffled voices on the other side. It sounded like a bit of a crowd.
Back to top Go down
Nita Radcliffe
Ancilla
Nita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:25 pm

"Weird... Maybe the judges of the appellate courts just party after work..."

She would have knocked, but the sound of the crowd made her think that no one would hear her. She reached for the door, counted to 3 and opened it.
Back to top Go down
AST Aigis
Admin
AST Aigis

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Inside there was about a dozen people standing around what looked to be an old forgotten archive room, talking and laughing. They were a mixed sort. She was the woman and the man from earlier as well as several overs. A business man, a young street girl, a soccer mom, people from all walks of life.

They turned to greet whoever was entering but then the conversations died when they realized she was new. The man who had given her the invitation and the book stepped forward.

"This was the new recruit I told you all about! Nita Radcliffe, welcome. You didn't dissapoint." He stepped forward and made to kiss her hand. The others reacted differently, some with suspicion, some with warm enthusiasm and everything in between.
Back to top Go down
Nita Radcliffe
Ancilla
Nita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:36 pm

Had she given him her name? Whoa... Well, maybe she did? When he kissed her hand, she stiffened. "Um... hi... So, what is all this?"
Back to top Go down
AST Aigis
Admin
AST Aigis

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:39 pm

"Do it right Atlas, the Lady will be very unhappy with us if we mess up this soon." The soccer mom said to the man, now holding Nita's hand. He waved her off.

The man said to her, "Come, I'll tell you what's going on." He tried to lead her to yet another door.
Back to top Go down
Nita Radcliffe
Ancilla
Nita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:42 pm

"Okay... Atlas..." Well, at least she had a name now. "Um, how did you know my name?"
Back to top Go down
AST Aigis
Admin
AST Aigis

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:56 pm

"I looked you up. Or more I had one of our people look you up." He closed the door behind them and they were in some kind of old office. A desk was still there anyway.

"We have all sorts. Some specialize in finding out information."
Back to top Go down
Nita Radcliffe
Ancilla
Nita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:01 pm

"Okay." She wriggled her nose, but it wouldn't be hard to look her up. She did have a business in town. So far, not so bad. Right?

"Well, what kind of information? Like, credit reports, police records, what? And why?"
Back to top Go down
AST Aigis
Admin
AST Aigis

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:06 pm

"Because I think you might be a good fit. You have a sharp eye and good instincts. We need people who are local. People who notice strange tings, like people passing envelopes." He winked.

"So how do you feel about justice?"
Back to top Go down
Nita Radcliffe
Ancilla
Nita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:09 pm

"I think justice is good... I mean, I don't think the justice system always works, but the people involved try hard. I've never served jury duty, though. I've never been on the bad side of the system. But sometimes, you hear things... like in the news... People getting away with crimes because they make deals that are supposed to benefit everyone. But I think it's a work in progress."
Back to top Go down
AST Aigis
Admin
AST Aigis

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:13 pm

"What about those who get away? Those who do horrible things that aren't actually crimes. Those who are never found? What about those people who the justice system fail? What do you think of those people?"
Back to top Go down
Nita Radcliffe
Ancilla
Nita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:19 pm

"Yeah," she frowned. "All the time. How many people have been locked up for years and years that, come to find out through things like DNA or scared witnesses, were innocent the whole time? How many people get their life taken away or killed by the courts that didn't deserve it while the real criminals grin and smile and continue on like everything is fine-- to rape and murder and steal and assault all over again? And the corruption... No one's perfect, no system is perfect. But there are some criminals who are supposed to serve, too."
Back to top Go down
AST Aigis
Admin
AST Aigis

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:37 am

"We've been around since the dark ages, for 800 years we've brought justice for the weak. For the small people with no voice. We live outside the system, just out of reach, righting the wrongs of society. What do you think about that?"
Back to top Go down
Nita Radcliffe
Ancilla
Nita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:04 am

"Wait, you're vigilantes?"

Last edited by Nita Radcliffe on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Back to top Go down
AST Aigis
Admin
AST Aigis

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:34 am

"I suppose you could say that." He said expressionlessly.
Back to top Go down
Nita Radcliffe
Ancilla
Nita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:38 am

"Isn't that breaking the law? I'm sorry... I guess I am just trying to understand."
Back to top Go down
AST Aigis
Admin
AST Aigis

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:53 am

"Oh yes, we do a great many illegal things. For the greater good... it's not all about vengence. We do good things as well. We're a guild of sorts, teaching each other, learning and carrying out of duty to bring justice and knowlege to the world."
Back to top Go down
Nita Radcliffe
Ancilla
Nita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:08 pm

She blinked, chewing on the inside of her cheek. "And what happens when one of your do gooders get caught?"
Back to top Go down
AST Aigis
Admin
AST Aigis

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:17 pm

"That rarely happens, but if it does our leaders or our socialites take care of our people. We are all about gathering resources and tools and infulence in the police, the government and so on is one of those tools."
Back to top Go down
Nita Radcliffe
Ancilla
Nita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:22 pm

"I see," she thought she saw, anyway. She could understand it, to a point. "So then why give me an invite? I just work at the storage place," she chuckled.
Back to top Go down
AST Aigis
Admin
AST Aigis

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:28 pm

"Spotting that pass off and then having the balls to come up and comment about it was impressive. You found this place in less than a day, also impressive. I think you would make an excellent information gatherer or 'Disciple of Whispers' as we call them."

"And as you can see, we all come from different places. We all have regular jobs and lives outside of the guild."
Back to top Go down
Nita Radcliffe
Ancilla
Nita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:31 pm

"Honestly, I think you'd have more candidates if the human race hadn't decided to hold all of their interest in phones, i-pods and not giving a damn. A guild, huh?" She tapped her fingers on her knee a little. "Okay, so, nice title. What do you want me to do?"
Back to top Go down
AST Aigis
Admin
AST Aigis

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:44 pm

"You need to prove yourself first. You need to open your eyes to the under belly of the city. To the secret world."

"I'm going to send you on a mission." He pulled out a newspaper clipping. "I'm not a Diciple of Whispers, to be honest with you. I'm a Disciples of the Gentle Fist, but for you and for where we are in the city right now, I need to you find these children and do nothing. Just watch and learn that the world is a bigger more nasty place than you ever knew."
Back to top Go down
Nita Radcliffe
Ancilla
Nita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:48 pm

She took the newspaper and began reading it. Her lips moved, though no sound came out. When she was finished, she looked up. "Yeah, I saw this on the news, too. So, you want me to find them, watch them and report back? That doesn't seem so hard. I was a teenager once. You think it's drugs? A sex ring? Government testing of some sort?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe   Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seeing Things (Nita) - Nita Radcliffe
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next