Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home Empty
PostSubject: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:45 am

Michelle sat on a swingset, in the park across the street from the hotel. She was quiet, with a rather blank expression upon her face. Her hands were wrapped around the chains holding the swing up, with her legs softly pushing herself back and forth. She was wearing a black tank top, and blue denim jeans. Her hair spilled out all across her back and front. She was almost a silhouette, in the dimly lit park. A shadow within the shadows.

Just waiting.. waiting. She had been here since five minutes after she had hung up the phone. Just waiting...waiting.

Last edited by Storyteller on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:48 am

Teddy hated to keep people waiting, though she did show up as promised an hour after the call. The old motorcycle pulling up and coming to a stop before the unusually pale girl got off and removed her helmet. For once? She looked like a vampire, pale and a bit worn really. Though for her friend she none the less had a kind smile as she approached her, tucking her keys into her jeans pocket.

At least she'd changed her hoodie from earlier. So no blood stains or anything!

"Hey, Michelle... what's up?" it had to be something pretty bad considering the nature of her call earlier.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ife.no
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:54 am

MIchelle didnt even look up. Her eyes were kinda of distant. He blank face softly frowned. "I had to kick Emily out of the house... and banned her from every coming back."

That was... fairly big. And the closer Teddy got? Well... the less humane Michelle seemed to be. She radiated cold, as always, but it was a little more intense. Not just cold, but empty. She had repressed such, in the past.. but this.. this was the real presence of her. The truth about how distinctly not human, she was.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:57 am

Perhaps she briefly hesitated, though only because she wasn't sure how to react to the presence that felt so unfamiliar to her. Still, she only hesitated for a very brief moment before moving up to Michelle, crouching down in front of her as she moved a hand to rest on her knee.
"Why did you have to do that?" she asked softly, her voice laced with concern.
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:03 am

Michelle frowned more..."Because.. she is going to get herself killed. Get me killed. Get my daughter killed. And she doesnt care. I... I can't have her around anymore. I tried to tell her.. tried to warn her not to talk about herself to others.. and she is blatantly ignoring me."

She looked to the hand, but did not flinch away from it. "What else am I supposed to do? I told her.. told her to be quiet about it.. but... she betrays me and our daughter..."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:07 am

"Do... do you want me to talk to her?" not that Teddy was in the best state of mind, but she seemed to be doing better than Michelle. It was after all easier to focus when it was someone else's problem rather than her own.
Not that she had any clue what she was suppose to say though, I mean... Michelle obviously felt betrayed, felt she and her daughter had been put at danger by someone she both cared for an trusted. How are you suppose to mend something like that?
"Tell me what she did..?"
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:12 am

Michelle's dark eyes slowly shifted up. Teddy could see, then.. that they were not just dark eyes. Her eyes were completely blacked out. Even the whites... black. Like cloudy black ink had taken over them, or shadows. Teddy couldnt even see the eyes move, but the lifting of her head and seemingly looking straight at Teddy was sign enough. "She has been exposing her secret. Our secret. It is why I got in trouble in the first place.. her exposing the truth of her nature, and exposing me trying to give her the information she needed to be safe in a city full of vampires, to try to help blend in and hide the truth.

"She is an Angel, Teddy. A fallen angel. And she is running around telling people it. Not people.. kindred. Kindred dont trust demons. And me exposing our kind to her, and its complications and rules, to keep her safe... she doesnt respect me or care for me enough, to just keep it quiet."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:17 am

The pale blond frowned, bright blue eyes, though lackluster compared to normal, searching those black pools of Michelle's gaze.
A demon... yeah,s he'd heard what had been said about the demons since arriving there. But beyond that? She knew absolutely nothing about them. What she did know though? Was that if a demon was causing trouble for Kindred society, that demon would soon enough make someone's hit list. As would Michelle, for telling Emily...

Fuck...

"I should speak with the Sheriff and the Scourge..." she sounded reluctant though. "Have them look into stopping her before it becomes a problem that drags us all down with it.." and she -hated- the idea of anyone getting hurt, though, that didn't mean she was naive. "Do you know where she is now?"
How the Hell did you fight a fallen anyways...? She so had no clue...
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:26 am

"The sheriff knows... everything. She is supposedly trying to make sure that I dont't die.. but I had yet to hear a word on the matter."

She just lightly shook her head. "I... I think I have to stop Emily, myself. I found her... I took her in. I exposed her to much of our world. Much more than I should of, because I thought it was the right thing to do."

Her shoulders slumped. "She was so scared, so alone. She needed me. But now.. I think she was just using me. To regain her strength, through my faith and belief in her. She said its like food for her, like blood for us. Faith. I guess.. now she is strong enough, and no longer needs me. Is branching out to try to gain more power... more followers. SHe seems so desperate for it, that she is willing to sacrifice everything that I have done for her.. the safety and certainty I have tried to provide. Not out of some form of control.. but because.. I loved her and who she was."

A hand came up, running along her forehead. "I think... I have to stop her. Before she gets someone killed. She is my problem... and I think I have to end it."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:30 am

"Don't go rushing head first into this..." it was a whisper really, those few words from the blond's pale lips. "There might still be a better way to handle this, and regardless, you shouldn't try to handle this all by yourself. It's not safe, nor is it fair. What happens to your girl if you fail? What happens to her if you succeed and end up loosing more of yourself because of it?" she said softly. "Don't repay betrayal by sacrificing what you still have. It's not fair to you, or to your girl... speak with people first. I'll.. for what it's worth I'll go with you"
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:43 am

"Lose more of myself? Dont you understand? There is nothing left to lose. I have not known humanity for a long time. A long... long time. But I have been trying. Trying to smile... to be a nicer person. Tried to tell myself I was doing the right thing, and trying to do the right thing. But... it is all a lie. I can't help save the world from the darkness. I can't help Emily... she no longer needs me. No longer wants me in her life. After everything I have risked.. sacrificed."

Those black tears began to streak down her face.

"It was all for nothing. I put so much trust.. belief.. and faith in her. For what? To have a simply request spit on? For her to turn her back on that request? She is not just going to get herself killed, she is going to drag us down with her. Sarah... she needs stability and Emily seems to be trying everything she can, to shake that apart."

"I cannot sit back and wait for it all to come crumbling down. She knows about our kind because of me." she lightly shook her head, the black tears falling softly upon Teddy's hand. "This had to end. Sarah is not safe, until it ends, nor am I."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:47 am

"You don't need to save the world, Michelle... Every little bit, every faint little ray of light, helps... But going in alone on this? That won't do any good. Neither for you. Or your daughter. So please" the blond whose touch was normally warm, but which now was slightly cool, reached up to brush her thumb across Michelle's cheek.
"Won't you speak with people before you decide to throw yourself head over heels into this fight because your emotions dictates you do so? Trust me... I know how that feels, and I know what it brings... You're not alone though. For what it's worth, you got me..." not worth much, but it was a little.
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:16 am

Michelle reached out and and softly pulled Teddy in for a hug. She wasnt emotional, really. Well.. maybe a little bit. Maybe. It was nice to have a friend, though, for this. But.. there was a problem. "I cant speak to her. I cannot even look at her. I have never been so betrayed, Teddy. Not without seeking unholy retribution. I ... cant... stand for this." She frowned.

"I dont want to lose her, Teddy.. but I think... I already have."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:36 am

The blond's arms went around her in return, a comforting, gentle embrace meant to show her that she was there, that she wasn't going anywhere. Problem was... she didn't quite know what to say or what else to do but hold her.
Michelle felt betrayed, there was little the Caitiff could do to change that at this point in time. But maybe? Maybe if given time... Maybe...

"Don't give up..."
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:44 am

That black blood stopped leaking, but the remains of it were now a bit smeared upon the shoulder of the blonde. So much for clothes with no blood. But then again, it could likely pass off for oil, or something. Ink, maybe.

She sighed, nuzzling into the shoulder a bit. She was technically an elder, but her young mindset craved the closeness. Even if she wasnt human... even monsters needed closeness and company, at times. Right now... Teddy was the only thing standing between Michelle and Emily's mortal coil destruction. Because... really.. what was she supposed to do? She had taken responsibility for the girl, and here she was... being betrayed and ignored. Pointedly.

She just held on, black eyes softly shutting.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:09 am

Who cared about the clothes anyways. They could be replaced.

Teddy simply held onto her, one arm around her waist, the other around her shoulder, just keeping her close like that while she let her cry. Because sometimes, emotions simply needed to be allowed to flow, and holding it back only made it worse. So crying, while it hurt there and then, might help in the long run.

Eventually she stopped crying, simply resting against the blond who continued to hold her, seemingly not minding one bit, neither the closeness nor the ink-like blood that had now stained her clothes. Closeness was another kind of comfort, and one she had no trouble giving.

"If you don't want to sleep at your place today, you could take my apartment. I mean, it's nothing like the luxury you're use but, if you want to be someplace else... " Hell, Teddy wasn't sleeping on the couch of her own home these days... she knew what it felt like to not want to be someplace that brought on memories or feelings you weren't quite ready to handle.
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:36 am

"No.. I can't Sarah needs me there. Emily abandoned her, to go running off and drawing dangerous attention to herself, so... I hae to try to fill the void, somehow. Myself and my daughter, Kelly." SHe slowly pulled away, a hand sliding up to wipe her face clean.. but her eyes were still swirling masses of blackness.

"That is very kind to offer. Thank you. But... I think I just needed to get it out. And... to warn you, of her. She is not a bad person, but she is doing stupid things and could end up dragging everyone she comes into contact with, into the trouble she will get herself into. I am already apart of it.. do not want to see you get sucked into it, as well."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:05 am

Teddy pulled the sleeve of her own hoodie over her hand so she could use it to help dry the tears away from Michelle's face with a gentle touch, seemingly not caring one bit about her clothes. They could be replaced after all. And the soft fabric was better to dry the tears away with than just naked hands.

"Alright... at least promise me you'll actually try to talk with someone before you decide to go after her? I'll go with you... I promise. I don't want to see you hurt..." though, Michelle was already hurting. Badly.
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:18 am

"Are you sure you want that? Such things.. could be bad for the soul of a person who is not used to them. I dont want to hurt you, Teddy. Not in any fashion." But that could always change. Michelle had never wanted to hurt Emily.. but here she was, resolved that the girl must likely be killed to save her from herself... to save Michelle and Sarah, in the long run. She knew that Emily would not be gone forever, but it would be a lesson, for the angel. A harsh one, but one that might open her eyes, the next time she came around.

And as twisted as it was, that was the truth. She had to get Emily to understand, and talking wasnt going to get the message across. She had tried that.. several times, already. And yet, still, Emily had gone behind her back and continued to put everything they had, at risk.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:23 am

"I meant, go with you to talk to people to try and figure out a solution before you have to take more drastic steps.." she offered gently. "And from there on, we figure things out.. alright?" please? She didn't want people to get killed, hearts broken... she really didn't want to see Michelle get in more trouble, or hurt or possibly killed if having to confront a demon.
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:34 am

She frowned. "I dont think you understand... there is no other solution, Teddy." spoken sadly, but with a smooth determination.. almost an understanding. The task was at hand, and sooner or later.. she would perform it. It would take something very great, to disuade her, at this point. THere was just... no other logical resolution, outside of that, for her. The longer Emily ran about doing what she was doing, the more in danger everyone was.

But she changed the subject. "Are you sure you do not want to talk about, what is going on with you?"
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:38 am

Teddy shook her head, this wasn't about her. Her troubles had no place there.
"And if there is no other solution, then alright... what has to be done has to be done... but you shouldn't throw yourself at this problem all by yourself. At least talk with the Sheriff or the Scourge or both? They are the ones who are suppose to deal with threats towards Kindreds..." no matter the cause of it. Right?
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:54 am

She nodded softly. "The sheriff will not help me. She is friends with Emily. I am almost certain that she is in a pact with the girl, as well. That is not confirmed, but I would not be surprised. Emily is desperately seeking more power, and as I have found out... it is easy for her to coax others into placing faith within her."

God... she had been so stupid. Throwing so much things away, because of the trust and belief she had placed into the Angel. And it wasnt that doing such was what was the problem, for her... it was the betrayal. What little heart the Lasombra had.. as almost fully shattered. It was a good reminder why she had given up her humanity, in the first place. To escape the pain of the truth of things. To easily be able to react harshly, when she had to. She wasnt shutting down into evil Lasombra mode, yet... but it was close. So very close.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:01 am

"But the Sheriff is suppose to protect us... and everyone's been told to avoid the demons and to not make pacts. She would know better..." right? Though, in all honesty, now the Caitiff was, if possible, even more concerned and worried.
"Michelle... I" alright, deep breath. "I'll speak with the Sheriff myself. Alright?"

God what a mess... she barely had time to turn around before something new had happened. And Demons? What the Hell did she know about Demons... She'd only heard about there being some around town because of having read up on Harpy reports while trying to stick the miss matched pieces of information left by the other Harpies back into a format she could handle.
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:18 am

"No. I think if anyone wants to know... Or should know, it should be the Prince." She nodded softly. "I think if you want something done about it, that its the best choose of action. Emily its technically a demon. According to three sheriff, the Prince might just hater them, and of she is tainted by Emily... he may be the only person who can do anything about all this withoutmuch fallout."

Michelle slowly stood. "Can you gain audience with the Prince?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home   The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The darker side of things... (Teddy) - Michelle and Emily's Home
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next