Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 3:49 am

"Again, then you really need to get out more" he smiled at her, leaning back. "You're free to stay as long as you want though. I got more coffee and plenty of movies to keep us awake" Jack chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 3:53 am

"Aye, perhaps. Go' noone ta go ou' with currently really." she says with a shrug. "Besides, quiet nigh', no drunks pukin' on me shoes, no weirdos tryin' ta grab a' me.....". No one telling her theyre a vampire. She was at least smart enough to not say that part out loud. "Great time for me." she says pleasantly. "Do ye ever sleep?" she asks as she takes a sip of her coffee
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 3:57 am

"On occasion" when he could find the time for it. "Insomnia and me are oooold friends" as was he and overtime. "If I manage to get tired enough I generally do get to sleep though, so in a way, working as much as I do does have its benefits" Jack smiled with another one of those light hearted shrugs of his shoulders.

"A bit of a night owl though. I always sleep better in the mornings" when he could hide away from the blasted sun and overly positive morning people.
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:07 am

Theres the briefest of pauses as she glances around. Well, not sunproof so she wasnt going to read into his statement too much. "I grew up a nigh' owl, bu' I guess tha' is inevitable grpwin' up in a bar...." she says as she leans forward and puts her cup down on the table before leaning back into the couch again.
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:12 am

Nope, far from sun proof. Given, he had some heavy curtains, but anyone who liked sleeping in was likely to have that. Besides, why risk anything by having a bed where it could in fact be exposed to sunlight if someone pulled the curtains aside?

"You kinda have to if you're gonna run a pub" he agreed, emptying the rest of his coffee.
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:24 am

She smiles, sitting quietly and enjoying the movie for a little bit. She seems fine not talking, though he catches her glancing over at him out of the corner of her eyes once in a while. "Ok, so I go' a bi' o' a random question for ye." she said after 10 or 15 minutes. "So, ye are from Canada.....do ye speak French as well or jus' english?"
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:28 am

"Heh, I ought to. But I gotta admit that at best I speak English and bad English. I really ought to do something about that to be honest" he sounded slightly embarrassed as he rubbed the back of his neck.
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:32 am

"English an' bad english?" she says, looking amused. "Fair enough. I was jus' curious. Aroun' 'ere ye may be better off learnin' spanish anyway."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:34 am

"Well, I do know how to order beers in four languages and how to insult someone in three and I could probably ask someone to sleep with me in five. And neither or these are very admirable things to know" he laughed, seemingly counting on his fingers as he went through what phrases he knew. "But, I only speak one language properly I'm afraid"
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:40 am

"Never said anythin' abou' 'avin' ta be admirable....." she said as she looked over to him. "An' I insult me customers in Gaelic all o' tha time. They never know....." she says, winkingw
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:41 am

That had him grinning.
"Now see, that's a good reason to learn an additional language"
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:45 am

"Aye. Well, I go' employees who can teach ye spanish an' I think one who speaks German.........Im sure they woul' happily help. she says, her attention no longer on the movie but directed back to him as she turns slightly to look at him. "However, I can say tha' I do no' know 'ow ta proposition anyone in more than two languages."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:50 am

"You don't need to know proposition anyone in more than two languages though, any guy would get the hint regardless of what language you spoke" he chuckled as he turned to meet her gaze.
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:55 am

Her cheeks turned bright pink as she blushed at the comment. She didnt look away from his gaze though. "Aye....... she seemed a bit at a loss of replies to that as she just cleared her throat a bit awkwardly instead
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 4:57 am

"Heh... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you" he found himself apologizing when he saw her reaction.
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:06 am

She shakes her head. "Oy, no......ye didn'. I' is fine, really" she says, giving him a warm smile
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:09 am

"Yeah well, still, sorry" he apologized with a gentle smile. "Did I mention I'm usually blunt? Foot in mouth disease and all that" he honestly didn't want to come across as a total creep.
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:13 am

"No, blunt is fine. I don' pick up on subtle too well. Blunt is jus' fine, really. No need ta apologize......" she says, still smiling.
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:15 am

Guess he was the one not really sure what to say next, so he nodded in agreement with a reassuring smile.
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:23 am

She looks at him a moment before laughing softly and shaking her head, finally turning and picking up her coffee. Tonight just seemed to be one series of awkward moments after another
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:26 am

He'd apologize for it if he thought he could do so without making it even more awkward. Instead, he opted for getting up to get a refill on his coffee.
"Sure you don't want anything?" he asked as he made his way over to the kitchen corner, stretching slightly, something which resulted in a series of low popping sound as his spine realigned. "Oh that's..." slightly painful and good at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:31 am

Her eyes follow him as he walks into the kitchen "No, I really am fine. No' hungry. Tha coffee is enough." She turns and puts her arms across the back of the couch, resting her chin on her arm "Tha' sounds real healthy there..." she says jokingly at the popping sounds.
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:35 am

He laughed.

"Oh, I got far worse health issues to worry about than my back" though he managed to say it without sounding worried. "It's just shot from work. An hour on the floor and it'll straighten itself back out"

He poured himself another cup.
Back to top Go down
Abigail O'Reilly
Methuselah
Abigail O'Reilly

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:38 am

"hmmmm....layin' on tha floor. Sounds real comfortable...." she says with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:40 am

"Works though" he turned around with a smile at her. "Let's the knuckles realign. It's actually good to just lay down a few minutes a day to take a bit of pressure off the spine" heh, he almost sounded like he knew what he was talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic   A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A ride home (Abigail) - Jack's Attic
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next