Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:57 am

She started to speak. And the picture she painted wasn't pretty.

"Right," she said. "I'll start with the three big bads, and move on to the lesser creatures. The circus appears to be populated with mortals as well as supernatural creatures, and around fifty percent of the inhabitants appear to be there under duress, meaning they are captive, cursed or trapped there by some various means, for all intents and purposes, slaves to the carnival's other fifty percent. Those who do the enslaving appear to be doing so to replenish their ranks, ad particular talents and generally keep the Carnival going as long as possible throughout the ages as an institution."

"The people we were able to research are names fearfully whispered. Calabris, Astarte and The Ringmaster. We know that the latter has probably got a name other than just 'The Ringmaster' though the fear in which it's always whispered, talked about... even written about has obscured many details. His name is Devyn Cavendish, though. He is the creature in charge. We've heard he may be a True Magician, able to bend reality to his will. That isn't confirmed either, however."

"The next denizen of note is the vampire Calabris. Calabris can best be described as the wayward childe of the Kindred Prince Villon of Paris, Toreador. There are indications in certain texts that unlife proved pleasurable to the once young artistic prodigy, and he quickly became the toast of the Paris Court at the zenith of its dominance over European culture. The power quickly went to his head and he grew cruel and decadent. If he saw something or someone that he desireed, he took it, no matter what pain it caused. These "indiscretions" caused him to fall out of favor with Villon, and he was banished under a Blood Hunt. He took up with a murderous band of Ravnos in the Carpathians, or so the information we were able to unearth would have us believe, and quickly became their leader. It is said that he now uses his powers of illusion to help shield the carnival from whatever might try to find it. Another with the ability to change reality, though not, potentially as powerfully as the Ringmaster. From experience, I know that they can."

"Astarte: No one knows her true age, but it is said that she has traveled with the carnival since the late eighth century, at least. She is a Princess among the Fair Folk, or faeries if you're unfamilliar with the term, and has, we believe more than once saved the carnival from destruction. There is a kind of ancestral Fae homeland, known throughout obscure legend as Arcadia - and we think that it may be that it is one of the few places that the carnival cannot travel, and as such, Astarte hungers for it more than she hungers for anything else. It is even said that she derives her powers from a demonic source, as if fae power were not enough. I will not name the demon aloud here, however the information can be provided. If there is such a thing as a 'dark' or 'fallen' Fae, Astarte would be such a creature, and she will fanatically, we believe, protect the Carnival from destruction."

"There are more details about 'smaller' players, such as Aubrey Dutetre, Belle Starr, Cone of Flesh ... some are shape shifters, some vampires, some are even more terrible creatures, known among the Lupines as Fomori. We think there is a Nosferatu without any bones called 'Tub of Flesh' for example, But it is Calabris, Astarte, and Cavendish that seem to be the ones holding power and sway over the Midnight Carnival."
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:08 am

She nodded softly. "I guess you are right. Nothing I can do, especially if you do not want me to try." she gave a small shrug, her tone remaining cold and neutral. Slowly she reached over to her laptop, and pulled it up onto her curled up legs.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:10 am

Her brow arched.

"I didn't say that there was nothing you could do. I just don't know what you can do safely. I'm already putting half a dozen people in danger here."
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:12 am

"Alright. Well if you think you can figure out some use for me, please. do not hesitate to alert me." she offered a brief smile.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:13 am

She nodded.

"Will do."
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:17 am

Michelle softly nodded, then looked at the time on her laptop. "Oh. Well. If you two will excuse me, I must be headed off." she glanced to Emily. "Feel free to join me at the beach, after you are done here, if you want. Meeting a friend, would love to have you along." A bright smile offered.

She looked back towards the Sheriff placing the laptop back down upon the table. "Have a good evening. Good luck."
Back to top Go down
Emily
Methuselah
Emily

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:24 pm

"I can still scry though, I think. Why not?" Emily asked tilting her head. Fairies? Wizards? Really? Half the stuff Griselda said sounded scary, but didn't mean much to the little fallen.

"Ok, Michele. I'll be there soon!"
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:26 pm

She smiled and shook her head.

"I'm not sure that it would work, Ems. The fact is that even phone calls won't go through in that place, no matter of scrying will work... people tried to find me and just couldn't. There's too much magic around it."
Back to top Go down
M. Angelica
Elder
M. Angelica

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Michelle had got up, brushing fingers across Ems' shoulder, in passing, and disappeared into her room, vanishing into the night, soon after.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Methuselah
Emily

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Emily laughed. "I'm a lot better then a cell phone. If one of my helpers were in there, nothing could prevent me from reaching them. Not even other demons. That goes for you if you are going."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:51 pm

She tilted her head. For the first time, she seemed much more alert than tired.

"Wait. Really? Even other demons can't stop you?"
Back to top Go down
Emily
Methuselah
Emily

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 3:03 pm

"I can make a mental connection with you from anywhere. I mean anywhere. We are connected by faith. That connection cannot be broken." Emily said shrugging. "I can see through your eyes as well. So you won't be alone." She reassured.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 3:18 pm

She looked a little surprised.

"That... that might be helpful."

Oh, God, could it.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Methuselah
Emily

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 3:25 pm

"If only I were a little stronger at the lore of firmament. I'd be able to heal you from afar. But if I can be of help, please let me assist you."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:49 am

She nodded. This time, she nodded.

"Okay. All right. But don't... don't put yourself in danger on my account, okay? It's one thing to help and another thing entirely to put yourself in danger."
Back to top Go down
Emily
Methuselah
Emily

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:38 pm

"Good." She grinned. "Let me know when and I'll and watching."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:11 am

She smiled.

"Tomorrow night."
Back to top Go down
Emily
Methuselah
Emily

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:15 am

"Oh! Ok. Then I'll be watching. Anyone you want me to contact should things go bad?"
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:23 am

She looked at the girl and nodded, a little pained.

"Estaban... and if you can reach him... Charnabon."

There was a pause.

"One other. A man you will never meet. But if you can manage it... Etrius. Call for Etrius."
Back to top Go down
Emily
Methuselah
Emily

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:08 am

"K, I'll need thier phone numbers." Emily said going to the kitchen and getting a pen.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:13 am

She nodded, rattling off numbers for all three. Yes, even Etrius. Emily didn't know who he was.

"Only call Etrius in an emergency. But the others... if anything at all goes wrong, no matter how small."
Back to top Go down
Emily
Methuselah
Emily

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:17 am

(face/palm)

"Ok! You can count on me!" She was just happy to be able to help. She tucked the numbers away. Her VIP list of kindred emergency numbers was growing. And she didn't even know.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:24 am

(Not my fault, blame AST Shepherd)

She smiled again, then gave a slow nod of her head.

"I know I can. I'll let you know when I'm heading out there."
Back to top Go down
Emily
Methuselah
Emily

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:30 am

"Alright! Stay safe." Emily said, giving Griselda a hug.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:32 am

She hugged the Fallen, her arms holding her for maybe... just maybe... a second or two longer than was entirely necessary. Then she let her go, turning for the door.

"I'll try. Have a good night, Emily."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home   I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm Going to Go Do Something Stupid (Emily & open-ish) - Emily's Home
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next