Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:30 am

Two teenage boys came up, with full tacks in their arms. They seemed to be used to this.

"Bill and Fred will help you, if you are out of practice."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:31 am

A laugh.

"Out of practice yes," Jim said. "Haven't forgotten everything though."

When the boys came up, the Tremere took some of the grooming gear and set it aside. Turning to Peachblossom, he made sure teh halter was in place before attaching a lead to the horse. "First things first... a quick brush down."

Leading the horse from the stall, Jim led the beast to a point where he could tie up and work on brushing the mare down.

Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:04 am

Shauna smiled and nickered at her horse. ~"Will you just stay?~ The Animalism in use as she asked Buttercup while she grabbed the brushes that Jim used. ~"I'm gonna follow his lead so tell me if you like it harder or softer.~
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:50 am

Buttercup whinnied her affirmative response. She would teach the young one.

Christine was leaving them in the hands of the teenagers while she brushed down Demon and saddled him up.
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:39 pm

USieng a little from column A and a bit from Column B and listening to her partner in murmurings Shauna got Buttercup ready. She eyed the saddle dubiously. "Is that comfy?" She asked the horse as if expecting an answer.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:41 pm

The nose was already questing for treats again.

Yes, if done right.
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:48 pm

Carefully Shauna gave her the cookie around the bit. She was laughing at the antics and the questing nose.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:48 pm

Jim looked over at Shauna as he gave Peach Blossom a good pre-ride brush down. "Didn't know you had the ability to speak to the animals," He said. "Granted, I never asked..."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:50 pm

"Lady Grace taught me when I took in the threesome." Shauna said with a smile. "She found out my tender heart wasn't just for Errant Tremere knights in shining armor."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:51 pm

Peachblossom seemed slightly miffed that Jim didn't have treats. Or at least, that he wasn't handing them over. She hadn't checked all his pockets, yet.

Demon was watching both of them closely. The ladies were his herd, after all.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:21 pm

Jim laughed heartily, whether at the comment or the horse's antics one could not be sure.

Reaching into a pocket, Jim pulled another carrot out. "There's more.... Gimme a few minutes and I'll have some licorice for you too..." He said. "I spoil horses after I get to know them...
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Shauna laughed. "But not your women hmm?"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:31 pm

Christine chuckled.

"Jim, would you like to learn?"
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Shauna was lead and was leading Her sweet horse out she treated her a bit like a dog minus the sit part but it seemed to be working for her. "You are sooo cute." She said gushing over the big animal walking quietly beside her head down.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:07 pm

"No.... I have a bad habit of spoiling my ladies first..." Jim said to Shauna then looked to Christine. "And yes, Christine, I would love to learn..."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:10 pm

She nodded.

"I will think of price, later. For now, these two will teach you."

She hadn't put a saddle on Demon. Just a halter.
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:29 am

Shauna got bumped looking for cookies twice before she gave one up. "OK OK...how do I get on you here." She messing with the stirrup trying to figure out how best to put a foot into it and climb the horse.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:58 am

Jim looked over and after quietly telling Peach Blossom to relax a moment, walked over to Shauna. "Here.... Place you foot in the stirrup and your hands here and here on the saddle..." He said, explaining and showing what to do. "Once in place, both pull up with hands and push off with the down foot- bringing it up and over to the other side. If you want to watch me do it, gimme a few minutes to saddle up...."

A smile. "I wouldn't mount up in here though- hitting head is a bad idea."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:45 am

Shauna nodded. "Yeah not as tall but really."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:20 am

Jim walked back over to Peach blossom and finished his brushing quickly then tacked up the horse. After ensuring the saddle was firmly buckled and set, he disconnected the ties and led the Mare to the indoor arena after making sure Shauna was doing the same.

Once they were in the indoor, the Tremere looked to Shauna. "Ok... one of two ways to do this. Use the mounting block in the corner over there.... or I can show you how I do it from the ground and you can try it. The key is be as smooth as possible in mounting. A slight hesitation is expected as you are shifting balance.... think of it as transitioning from a dock to a boat."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:41 am

"The Mounting block looks easier on them as well as us." She said and lead her horse over. "OK Buttercup stay." Hey at least she had the the left side to mount part right.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:28 pm

She chuckled as she followed. Demon was watching carefully. Then he nudged at Christine's shoulder, clearly demanding. So she laughed, then grabbed his mane and vaulted onto his back.

"I will never expect bareback from either of you. But I think you're doing fine."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:26 pm

Shauna laughed. "I wouldn't expect to see you humping a 3.5 inch hose and nozzle either."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Jim laughed at Shauna's retort then turned to Peach Blossom. "Ok, Peach.... you and me kid."

He said quietly and then with a move that was slightly rusty but very practiced, Jim placed his foot into the western Saddle stirrup and mounted the horse. No hesitation or error other than missing the opposite stirrup with a foot. A miss easily corrected. "Hot damn..." He said. Eight years.... Far too long."

Peach Blossom shifted her feet some at the mounting.... but most horses did a little. Some twitching of ears but otherwise, all things were normal for the mare. Other than who was riding her. He was new.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:27 pm

She smiled. Both horses were used to new riders, so this wasn't unusual. Peachblossom waited until she felt that Jim had his seat, then she started forward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next