Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:47 pm

Shauna laughed. "That was a pony wide in a park fair."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:48 pm

She smiled.

"Then I will find you both gentle horses. All of them are okay with being up this late. And all of them don't mind the Kindred condition."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:49 pm

"Ah... OK." She looked at the tall horse. "Something with less distance to the ground too?"
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:50 pm

"That's good..." he said. "No skittish. Got an indoor arena?"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:59 pm

She chuckled.

"My horses will not throw you unless you do something horribly wrong. But I think I can get something lower to the ground. And yes, I have an indoor arena. If you'll follow me?"

Without holding the reins, Demon moves with her as she turns to lead the way further into the stable. They come to a pair of stalls with pretty blonde heads sticking over them, obviously curious about the new people.

"Peachblossom and Buttercup will treat both of you very well."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:57 am

"Hey they look like Trigger." Shauna said and walked up to each slowly like they might break and run or attack. She stuck her hand out palm flat like she's seen done before and in it was a cookie. She had the bag of Horse treats very, clearly labeled as such, in her other hand far from questing noses. She had done some research and found out they liked molasses and oats so ended up with with Stud Muffins horse treats. "Peace?"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:43 am

They had good noses. And smelled the treats. Heads came questing, breathing deep of both her and the treats. She could read that they were peaceful, loving creatures that just wanted to be friends.
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:49 am

Shauna smiled and laughed as they took the cookies from her. "Awww." She tentatively reached up her palm flat and touched their cheeks one at a time.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:55 am

They were good natured, and not shy. And greedy. Both were sniffing after more treats, and didn't mind being touched.

"Both are sweet hearts. They're the horses my young ones are learning to ride on. If a five year old can be comfortable on them, so can you."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Shauna blinked. "You have adopted kids?" She asked as she petted the horses necks and got curious enough to run fingers through the manes. She was treating them like big dogs since that was what she knew best.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:05 pm

She laughed.

"No. But the servants breed like rabbits. Teaching the kids to ride is a great way to keep them out of trouble."

Peachblossom turned away, nose questing towards Jim.
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:30 pm

Shauna smiled as Peachblossom took an interest in Jim. She looked back at the one who picked her, Buttercup. "I guess I'm yours huh?"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Buttercup huffed right in Shauna's face, then took in another deep breath. Totally claimed by the horsie.

"I think she likes you, yes."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:38 pm

"Is there a leash or something?" She asked as she petted this horses head and put fingers around her eyes and along her nose very gently. "So soft."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:44 pm

She laughed, then rang a bell off to the side.

"Some of the teenagers are still up. They'll be here shortly to help you. And before you ask, you're perfectly safe showing them what you are. Their families have been mine for generations."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:56 pm

Shauna nodded. "Well I don't advertise unless I have too." She grinned. "Buttercup Miss Buttercup. Oh how you are sooo sweet. Please don't throw me." Shauna sounding like the boy from the Movie Princess Bride.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:26 pm

She laughed.

"She's a gentle old girl."

Buttercup, for her part, was soaking up the love. Adults were so much better than children.
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:42 pm

She was being so sweet Shauna just kept patting her. "How old is she, What Kind of horse?" The inspector now coming out with the curiosity of someone actually relaxing a little more.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:10 pm

She smiled.

"Thoroughbreds, and they're both about 20."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:54 pm

Jim examined Peach Blossom with ears, eyes and hands...

Every horse was different and yet the same. Most responded to the same sorts of touch and Jim was pleased to note that PB did as most others had for him while he was a air-breather.

The fact that she had raised them and ensured they could deal with Kindred-kind was outstanding...

"I take it they know western as well as Dressage and Hunter?"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:00 pm

She laughed.

"Yes. I'm sure they're ready to teach you a thing or two."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:11 pm

"How to stay on would be good." Shauna quipped.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Jim looked at Shauna and stuck out his tongue in a razzberry. "Yeah yeah..." He said. "An unused skill is an out of practice skill...."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 5:32 pm

She laughed. "I meant me but hey if the shoe fits?"
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Laughter. "Aw.... you'll be fine," He said. "I've got faith in you..."

Jim looked over at Christine. "Alrighty then... Need to get the saddles and tack."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor   Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horsemanship - Lowrey Manor
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next