Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor Empty
PostSubject: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 11:58 am

As the invitation stated, he was invited. Invited, I say! So he pulled up, looking mildly curious and knocked on the door. (Gate? Not sure which)

Last edited by Storyteller on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:03 pm

(He'd be let through to the door)

The door was answered by a man that was the epitome of Butler.

"Mr. McKay, I presume?"
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:04 pm

He even took off his hat to bow a little to the butler. "That's me, sir." Seriously polite. Because it was a fancy invitation.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:06 pm

There was a ghost of a smile at the edge of his mouth.

"The Lady is out back at the stables. She said to send you back there if you showed up. If you go around the house to the right, you can't miss them."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:10 pm

He looked a little skeptical. "Ya sure 'bout that? I think I might get lost in this place..." But he didn't sound upset.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:13 pm

The ghost of the smile didn't disappear.

"I'm sure. She's got a lot of horses, the stables are rather large. The staff there can tell you where she's at."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:16 pm

He nodded as he started off in the direction that had been indicating, putting his hat back on top of his head with one hand. "Well, then I thank ya." He paused before he walked away, though. "Please tell me ya name ain't Alfred. Please."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Now the man actually smiled.

"Richard."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:21 pm

He gave the man a salute. "Nice ta meet ya, Richard. I'm Jim." Because Mr. McKay was his dad. And he sure as hell wasn't his dad.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:23 pm

The man gave a short bow, then closed the door to go back to his business.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:25 pm

Which meant that he went around to the side of the house, looking for these giant stables. Which really meant "the big building that isn't the main house and looks bigger than me."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:29 pm

They really weren't hard to find. A little behind the house, on that side, was a stable that looked like it could hold a good thirty horses. And for all that it was evening, it was bustling with activity.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:38 pm

He made his way to the stables, singing a song under his breath.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:41 pm

As he walked up, Christine appeared from around the building, dressed in jeans and a button up short sleeved blouse, leading a beautiful horse. She smiled when she saw him walking up.

"Mr. McKay! Thank you for coming!"
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:46 pm

Once again, the hat was removed and held to his chest. He gave her a deep bow. "Good evenin', Miss Lowrey. How could I not come, with such a nice invite?" But he was giving the horse an appraising eye.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:48 pm

She laughed and walked towards him.

"And how could I not invite the one person in this Domain who's likely to enjoy my horses as much as I do?"
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:57 pm

He laughed at that one. "I dunno if I'd say that. The Sheriff's mighty fond of 'em." He extended a hand toward her to shake. "But it's appreciated. I ain't got a chance ta meet ya formally yet."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:06 pm

She took his hand firmly in hers, not dropping the reins of her horse.

"That would be another reason for inviting you out here, yes."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:18 pm

He was so not refined. Totally not. He smiled and slipped his hat back on his head. But he didn't move closer to the animal or to the Ventrue. "Well, then. What can I help ya with? Besides horseflesh?"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:21 pm

She laughed.

"Wanted to get to know you. And offer to let you ride a horse that has been bred to put up with our kind."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:48 pm

He laughed, a little sheepishly. "I'm pretty simple." He stepped forward and raised a hand. "May I?" he asked, indicating the horse. Obviously going to offer the animal a smell of him before giving him a pet.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:52 pm

She nodded gracefully. "Of course."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:00 pm

He offered the animal a sniff of his hand before he ran his hand over the length of the horse's nose. He was whispering, almost crooning to the animal. "Beauty of a horse, this one is."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:30 pm

She smiled indulgently.

"I have more. All such beautiful animals."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:36 pm

He turned to look at her, giving her a playful smirk. "Judgin' by tha look of this place, I don't doubt it, Miss Lowrey."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor   Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Invitations (Christine) - Lowrey Manor
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next