Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Ren
Methuselah

That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:44 am

"Certainly noting like that." She laughed, settling down next to him. "I wouldn't call them cold, just...detached." A state she at least understood.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:05 am

He could as well, as he shifted, to put an arm behind her head. "People often find it easier to become detached when they have to hurt another. It's that whole social consciousness theory. Pain is part of life. Death is part of life. Perhaps if people truly took a moment to look at it from further away, they would understand. Becoming detached isn't required. Understand of the act is. Accepting the act, rather than regretting it."

Last edited by Mathew St Hubert on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Translated Mat talk into French, ergo proper English.)
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:44 pm

"I don't think it's regret. Not with them anyway."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:00 pm

"Then what?" he honestly wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:43 pm

"They are doing God's work. Removing those who have sinned. There is no regret, not for them. They have simply left behind things like regret and guilt. Such emotions serve no purpose when one serves God."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:51 pm

"And sin is the typical 'you have done wrong by our book' ideal?"
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:05 am

"In part."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:32 am

"What is the other part?"
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:01 pm

"Knowing if they can change. Become better people."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:04 pm

He stopped for a moment, thinking, "Am I a sinner to you?"
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:59 am

She had known that question was likely to come up at some point. "No. Not to me. You do the same job I do, Mat. Different reasons, but same in the purpose and the end result."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:12 pm

"And to them?" he did not seem afraid of the answer he thought he would receive.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:29 pm

"To some you would be. I think many would try to convert you first." She never had.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:48 pm

"Somehow, I don't think Toutatis would be pleased if I started believing in another Deity." he had seen Ren's faith, understood the power of it. Of course, his God blessed him in different ways.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 5:08 pm

"You heard Abraham. Many paths. That belief sits well with me."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:48 pm

"I did. I don't take having someone else's beliefs shoved down my throat well, so I am glad he said that."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 9:50 am

"I think in some ways it's gonna make the path I've chosen harder for me. I'm not good at forcing my beliefs on others." Which had been why what Abraham had wanted had been so hard for her to stomach.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:20 pm

"Well, I believe you will do fine. I don't think there is much of anything you can't do."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:51 am

She stared at him. "You really do believe that..."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:00 am

He nodded, slowly, as if that was the most obvious thing in the world.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 11:57 am

"I'm glad someone has faith in me."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:06 pm

He sighed, rolling over slightly so he was looming over her, a large finger poking her chest.

"It doesn't matter who else has faith in you. But that you have faith in you. I have seen it, first hand, the power of your Faith."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:32 pm

"It feels so far away right now."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:35 pm

"Well, you're right here. I will squash you to prove it, if I must."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:03 pm

"Can we go to bed early?" She was emotionally drained.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom   That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That went well (After meeting with Charlie) - U.S.S. Freedom
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next