Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower Empty
PostSubject: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:05 am

A quick few steps let him catch up to her, a gentle hand reaching out to touch her back between her shoulder blades, not to stop her by force but perhaps rather asking her to stop.
"Cassiel...." Charlie said gently, slowing now that he'd caught up to her, stopping if she stopped.

Last edited by Storyteller on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:14 am

She stopped quite suddenly at Charlie's touch, cigarette still dangling from her lips. The ash floated down to the ground as it rode the slight wind. Cass' hands were still in her pockets.

"It's been a very, very trying night," she said softly.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:17 am

"I'm sorry"he said gently, taking a step closer and letting the palm of his hand come to rest on her back. He didn't embrace her though, not unless she made any sign that she wanted him to, not after what had happened at Mal's.
"Can I do anything for you?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:21 am

She shook her head softly. "I just want to go... somewhere not here."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:26 am

"Do you want to cone home... with me?" he said softly, his tone of voice simply curious. He wasn't going to demand anything of her that she didn't want to give. He simply wanted to keep her safe. Give her the peace she desired.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:31 am

He was asking. Not telling. That seemed so much better.

Cass nodded her head softly, taking the cigarette from her lips and flicking it away into the street. "Thank you, that's very kind..."

She began walking at a slow pace. "I'm sorry you got dragged into all of this, Charlie."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:34 am

Charlie moved up next to her and, unless she pulled away, took her hand and gently linked his fingers with hers.
"You have nothing to apologize for" the youth smiled reassuringly at her. "I'm involved because I want to. Because I want to be there for you. I promised you I'd look out for you, remember?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:40 am

Cass squeezed his hand and held his arm with her free arm. She leaned her head on his shoulder as they walked.

"You did promise. But this seems... incredibly unfair to you. I'm sorry about what happened back there."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:44 am

"No offence, Cass. But a couple of bitchy Roses? If I couldn't handle that..." he smirked, giving her a gentle nudge as he looked over at her as the continued walking. "I'm here for you because I care... simple as that"
If she was still in his head she'd know that it was true.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:48 am

"I can't handle a couple of bitchy Roses," she said softly. She shook her head. "I called Mal, I did. I guess I just wasn't prepared... He's probably never going to talk to me again, now."

She winced as she said it again shaking her head.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:54 am

"Cass" he stopped, moving his free hand to lift her chin so that he could meet her gaze with a gentle smile. "I'm Rabble, not a Rose. Maybe that's why?" Charlie smiled, brushing his thumb gently across her chin. "And what matters is what you think, not what anyone else thinks"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:57 am

"The problem is that I don't know what I think. I'm so confused and I feel like I've done something wrong. And that's just stupid."

She spent the night getting mentally beaten, she seems to be taking up where everyone else left off.

"I just want to go home and shut out the world for a little while."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:13 am

Charlie moved his hand gently from her chin to cup her cheek. Telling her she'd done nothing wrong was probably not going to get him anywhere, although his expression, his body language, it all suggested that he in no way blamed her for anything that had happened. He simply wanted to help her feel better.
"Then we go home..." he said, tracing his fingers down her cheek. "I'll run you a bath, brush your hair, get you a nice glass of red to enjoy on the sofa in your pj's" the youth chuckled softly. "And you can just relax... how does that sound?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:17 am

"It sounds good," she nodded. She drew herself closer to Charlie, leaning on him as she walked. It was apparent that she really did just want to be held for a little while. And apparent still that she was feeling guilty.

"Mal.... he said I was feeding this demon..."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:20 am

He was still holding her hand as they walked, seemingly happy that she wanted to be close to him from the way he smiled when she leaned against him.
"Do you honestly believe that you, alone, could bring about a demon?" he said as the continued to walk. "Think about it for a minute. About all the people in this city. Does it really make sense that you would be the one "bad" enough to attract that kind of attention?" because in this town? Really...
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:23 am

"I'm not the only one it's come to, so no, I don't believe that. But..." She shook her head. "Mal was trying to force me to call Alex. To tell him about you..."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:27 am

"You mean about us?" he arched an eyebrow, though there was otherwise no change to his body language or tone of voice. "It's none of Mal's business. None of Alex' either unless you wish to make it so" Charlie gave her hand a gentle squeeze.
"If you want to tell Alex, I don't mind. I just want you to decide for yourself, not feel forced by whatever anyone else might have for ideas"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:33 am

She ran her hand through her hair and then let it to come to rest on Charlie's arm, leaning a little more on him as she looked about to see how much further they had to go.

"I'll think about it. About what I need to say. I don't really want to think about it any more tonight... in case this... demon takes it as an invitation."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:38 am

Seemed they weren't walking towards Charlie's place, though the reason for that soon enough became apparent as they approached the car he'd parked, waiting for James to come pick him up earlier.
"Bath, back rub, glass of red" he stopped and opened the door for her, brushing the back of his fingers across her cheek and through her hair as he looked into her eyes. "No talk about anything other than what you wish to talk about" Charlie said gently as he pulled her in close and touched his hers with a whisper. "Let me spoil you tonight..."

Last edited by Charlie Cusack on Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:42 am

When he pulled her close, she seemed to melt into him automatically. She had waited to be held. It was what she needed so badly all night-- ever since that -thing- had shown up. Cass simply clutched to Charlie for a few minutes, gripping his jacket in her fists that seemed to tremble.

She let go of him a few minutes later and gently pulled away from him and got into the car.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:48 am

When she leaned into him, he'd wrapped his arms protectively around her and held her without a word for as long as she'd wanted him to. A soft smile across his lips as she pulled back and got into the car before walking over to the driver's side and getting in himself.

It really wasn't a long drive, fifteen minutes or so and they'd be back at the apartment and he'd be able to give her what he'd offered: a chance to relax in a place where no one would judge her or demand anything of her. If anything, he'd to his best to make sure that the rest of her evening was as good as it could possibly be.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:56 am

It was easier to just enjoy the ride in silence. Charlie made sure there was no pressure, nothing was expected of her. That made things seem a bit better. And by the time they had made it back to his apartment, she wanted nothing more than to get the hell out of the car.

Funny, she'd never had an issue with being in a car before tonight.

The moment the car stopped, she hopped out, leaning against the door as she waited for Charlie.

"I think I would like to visit Mr. Punching Bag at some point in the near future."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:59 am

"Can arrange that" the youth smiled, locking the car and walking over to slip his arm around her waist as he lead them upstairs, offered the security guard a brief wave of his hand before walking into the elevator. The moment the doors slid close, Charlie pulled her in close and simply.. held her, until they reached the apartment.

"Want that bath?" he asked gently, scoping her up into his arms as if she truly weighed nothing, already heading for the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:04 pm

"That sounds perfect," she nodded, leaning her head into his neck and chest. "It will be nice to let the negativity just wash away." Cass nuzzled into him.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:14 pm

"Good..." Charlie smiled, kicking off his shoes before carrying her upstairs and to the bathroom where, without setting her down, he leaned over and started the water before turning to set her down on the bench by the sink.

"I like it much better when I can make you smile" he said gently, pulling his jacket off (and in turn exposing the weapon harness and all the weapons he was currently carrying) and tossing it aside before moving his hands to help her with her clothes while the bath tub filled up.

He was gentle, careful and in seemingly no rush. His eyes locked with hers the entire time, still with that lingering smile as he seemed to be giving her his full attention. Making sure she knew she was the center right now, and that everything he was doing was for her and no one els.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower   Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aftermath of the Roses (backdated, follow up to scene at Mal's) - The White Tower
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next