Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's This? (A Wedding)

Go down 
+20
Medwyn
Griselda Johns
James McKay
Audrina Clayton
Abigail O'Reilly
Sean Black
Guinevere
Miyu
Rhiana
Jamie
Joseph McKenzie
Sephtisa
Greer Harrington
Rachel Summers
Penny P
Matieu
Victor Steele
Zach McKenzie
Oriella
Storyteller
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 4:56 am

Miyu wrote:
She shook her head and actually signed rather than spoke to him.

I am a Toreador, Victor. I know when I'm out-skilled. Joseph and Erik are amazing but I am better - I am not better than her, though.

He signed back "I'm in one of those socially awkward positions men find themselves in sometimes. I'm going to content myself with saying I love you and leave it at that." Mentally resigned Ventrue was resigned.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 5:03 am

The MC took the mic again and grinned at the crowd.

"All right, folks! Let's get out here and have some fun - this is a party, right?"

Griselda hadn't been very strict about what music she wanted at the wedding - actually telling the members of the band that she trusted their judgement on most things. It made things easier on her and the band had a great time with figuring out what to play at a wedding.

So they started to play one that they really liked to lead off with -- when they could -- because it was sweet, cute, upbeat and generally adorable.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 5:06 am

Victor slipped over and quietly spoke to McKay for a moment and then looked at Miyu with that silly look he got whenever he looked at her and he remembered just how lucky of a man he was. "Shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Miyu
Methuselah
Miyu

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 5:06 am

She laughed silently and shook her head.

Being humble was one of the things she kind-of just had to do, being an agent of God and all.

She took his hand to make it out onto the dance floor too, just so Griselda didn't feel all alone.
Back to top Go down
Ali Laguna
Methuselah
Ali Laguna

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 1:03 pm

"Think they'll play something we can tango too'?" with a sexy smile at Medwyn. They tango'd very very well together.
Back to top Go down
Medwyn
Methuselah
Medwyn

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 11:48 pm

He smiled.

"I'm sure that they will. If not, I can request it."
Back to top Go down
Joseph McKenzie
Elder
Joseph McKenzie

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 10:27 pm

He walked over and held out a hand toward Penny with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Penny P
Elder
Penny P

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 10:41 pm

"You don't want to dance with your ward first/: taking his hand with a smile up at him, and she wasn't being a martyr just making sure the teen was being looked after is all.
Back to top Go down
Joseph McKenzie
Elder
Joseph McKenzie

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 10:46 pm

He chuckled.

"No. She will find someone to keep her company."
Back to top Go down
Penny P
Elder
Penny P

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 10:54 pm

"very well." still her hand was in his, "don't make me look to bad." she said knowing he was going to be an amazing dancer.
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 10:30 am

He rose to his feet and Guinevere on the cheek.

"Are ye goin' t' think me a cad if I go dance wi' my wee cousin?" he asked her quietly.
Back to top Go down
Joseph McKenzie
Elder
Joseph McKenzie

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 10:34 am

Penny P wrote:
"very well." still her hand was in his, "don't make me look to bad." she said knowing he was going to be an amazing dancer.

He laughed softly.

"Pretty Penny, I would never do any such thing. It's my daughter that's the dancer, I'm just moderately not terrible."
Back to top Go down
Rhiana
Elder
Rhiana

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 10:42 am

In what was possibly the most unusual and adorable turn of events ever, the child - who looked incredibly like both her father and Griselda - walked directly up to Erik and tugged on his hand to get his attention. She was short for her age, so she was less likely to take after her father and more likely to follow in Grisela's footsteps as far as height went, but that was the other reason for tugging on his hand to get his attention - Erik could easily overlook her and just not see her if he wasn't on the lookout for her.

"Dance with me, Uncle?" Erik had graduated from 'that guy Griselda is dating' to 'Uncle' in the last hour or so, which meant that she would call him by his title. Even if she was much older than he was and just didn't look it.

Back to top Go down
Erik Johns
Methuselah
Erik Johns

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 12:48 pm

Erik looked down at her, "Is it okay if I pick you up? I'd rather not step on your toes."
Back to top Go down
Guinevere
Methuselah
Guinevere

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 12:52 pm

"go on dance." with a smile at him and a happy hand wave for him to go dance with Griselda and his daughter.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Summers
Methuselah
Rachel Summers

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 3:37 pm

Rachel dragged Sean out to dance with her.
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 1:26 am

Guinevere wrote:
"go on dance." with a smile at him and a happy hand wave for him to go dance with Griselda and his daughter.

He leaned over to give her a kiss with a grin, then made his way over to Griselda and swung his much-smaller cousin around as he started to dance with her.
Back to top Go down
Sean Black
Elder
Sean Black

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 1:27 am

Rachel Summers wrote:
Rachel dragged Sean out to dance with her.

Soooo, Sean could slow dance just fine. He could bump and grind. Anything else, though? Not so much. Cue Awkward-White-Boy dancing, because that's just how he rolls.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 1:29 am

Victor Steele wrote:
Victor slipped over and quietly spoke to McKay for a moment and then looked at Miyu with that silly look he got whenever he looked at her and he remembered just how lucky of a man he was.  "Shall we?"

McKay spoke quietly back to Victor - "It all right if I wait a song or two? I'll dance with her, though, promise." Then turned back to Greer and leaned over to kiss the love of his life with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 1:31 am

James McKay wrote:
Victor Steele wrote:
Victor slipped over and quietly spoke to McKay for a moment and then looked at Miyu with that silly look he got whenever he looked at her and he remembered just how lucky of a man he was.  "Shall we?"

McKay spoke quietly back to Victor - "It all right if I wait a song or two? I'll dance with her, though, promise." Then turned back to Greer and leaned over to kiss the love of his life with a smile.

"Thank you" Victor said with a soft, genuine smile. "I owe you"
Back to top Go down
Rhiana
Elder
Rhiana

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 1:34 am

Erik Johns wrote:
Erik looked down at her, "Is it okay if I pick you up? I'd rather not step on your toes."

The little girl laughed softly, like silver bells.

"Of course, Uncle," she said, lifting her arms so that he could easily pick her up. And in one of her more disturbing sort of moments, she cocked her head to the side, turned her head almost 90 degrees - just shy of it, really - and leaned in to whisper to Erik: "Don't be angry. She can't help it."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 1:59 am

Two men stepped just slightly into the light of the grove. One older gentleman and one younger, the two seemed to be in conversation in low tones with each other. Anyone close enough could hear them speaking, they weren't whispering. But with the music and chatter, someone would have to be listening closely to hear the words that were said.

"Seems we're late," said the younger man, not dressed particularly formally.

"Nonsense," said the older man, who was dressed as though he maybe hadn't given a moment's thought to clothing. Bright, bold colors that almost seemed to clash together in a way. "I arrive exactly when I intend to, not a moment before or after."

"Yes, of course, Sir. But it seems the deed has been done," the younger man said softly.

"Jealous, are you?" The older man smirked just a bit.

"Perhaps a bit. Though not necessarily for the reasons you might believe, Sir." He stood with his hands clasped in front of him, not even looking at the older man as they conversed.

"You don't truly believe that I don't know your mind, do you?" The older man seemed mildly curious.

"Sir, I believe you know exactly what you wish to know. As always."

"You'd do well to remember it. This has been a long, hard road. You helped to bring this to be, you know. You have no one to blame but yourself."

"So you love to remind me, Sir. Shall we make our presence known or shall we simply wait for her to notice?"

"You would interrupt this moment of joy?"

"We are what we are, Sir. Joy is fleeting, as you are so fond of telling me."

"Come, child. You still have much to learn. You'd do well to take note of how well the bride has done for herself. And what she has accomplished in such a short time, most particularly with this venture. She has managed to do what no one has been able to do in thousands of years. At least, for the short term."

"Yes, of course, Sir."

"Now come. Let us say hello."

"As you wish."

They stepped into the glow of the many lamps that lit the grove, though they didn't make their way to the dance floor. For the moment, they were content to wait - though the older of the gentlemen would only wait for so long. It was not in his nature to be kept waiting.
Back to top Go down
Oriella
Methuselah
Oriella

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 2:03 am

Oriella was chatting with Greg and Salif, telling some story or another with wide gestures, listening to their responses and laughing with them. When she shook her head, she caught sight of the edge of the grove....

And promptly dropped her champagne glass on the table. It was thankfully empty, but it made a nice clattering sound.

"Oh, holy fuck," she said, not really bothering to keep her voice down. She didn't shout, but was using a normal tone of voice.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 2:04 am

Victor looked at the strangers, then raised an eyebrow at Orrie's reaction, and then his eyes grew wide at Miyu's reaction.

He moved close to Audrina and whispered into her ear
Back to top Go down
Audrina Clayton
Neonate
Audrina Clayton

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 10:13 am

The teenager looked a little startled when Victor whispered in her ear and then nodded to show that she understood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 14 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's This? (A Wedding)
Page 14 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next