Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 1:51 pm

"I have to be someone's big sister. All I had were brothers. Annoying ones at that. They never listened to me," she chuckled, giving Teddy a wink.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:05 pm

"I'm shit at listening... but I try..." she tried.

The Caitiff smiled even though she felt a bit heart broken, smiled because it was Cassie, because as of yet, the Rose was still there with her.
"Need to teach you Obtenebration properly.." before she left. "And have Alex teach you Protean if you don't want to learn it from me.. so I can teach you my new trick. It's not all that useful but..." she wanted to share it with the Rose should she want to learn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ife.no
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:07 pm

"I'm an able student. When do you want to start?"
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:22 pm

"Any time you want. I haven't shown anyone yet you know? What I learned to do" she smiled at her, brushing any lingering traces of her tears away.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:24 pm

"I want you to be ready to show me... when you're ready. All I want is for you to be comfortable," she smiled, moving to help her with the rest of those tears with the back of her fingers.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:39 pm

"I am comfortable.." and because she knew her garden like the back of her hand and knew that they were in a part of it where no one would be able to see? The shadows slowly manifested, the strangely feather-like wings made of darkness forming from her shoulders as she looked at the Rose. Said wings stretching once fully manifested, slightly blurred around the edges where drops of shadows seemed to bleed off and fade away.
In their own way, they held a certain kind of beauty, although created by a power that drew on the abyss.
"And I know it's better to rely on a flight form but.." heh, wings...
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:16 am

Her jaw dropped open slightly as she watched her friend. It wasn't that it was unbelievable. It was just that, most of the time, disciplines didn't look so elegant. They didn't look so graceful.

"You haven't lost any of your creativity," she smiled. "That's pretty amazing."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:18 pm

She flexed the wings a couple of times, displacing a bit of the warm night air.
"They're big... and they're hardly discreet but... I'll teach you if you want once you've picked up the disciplines needed for it. If nothing else they're pretty" she chuckled softly.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:41 pm

"They are pretty," she agreed. "And to those who wouldn't know any better, a little intimidating, too. You certainly have been busy, Teddy."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:52 pm

"When you're stuck in your own fear you need to do something, right?" anything really. "It helps me break free from it" or at least it helped. "They work too... just takes training, lots of it" the blonde chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:54 pm

She chuckled softly. "Why do you think I sunk into the computer for so long? But that... You were always more creative than me. What else have you been creating?"
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:58 pm

"Heh, hardly..." she shook her head before she had to admit something she didn't like admitting. "I haven't really crated anything since... since I woke up" she hadn't been able to. "Only this"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:59 pm

"And yet it's damned impressive. And you fly this way?"
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:02 pm

"I can" she looked around, judged the vine covered walls high enough and flexed the wings again, a couple of strokes of shadowy feathers producing just enough strength to lift her feet a couple of feet off the ground for a few moments before she landed again. It was, after all, hardly masquerade safe to flex giant shadow wings around.
"I've yet to master them fully, but I can fly now"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:04 pm

"Mhm... Do you know how to hide yet?"
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:06 pm

The wings stretched and then? Then they simply started to fade, like shadows struck by light they dissipated. Fading to nothingness before the drops of black could touch the ground.

Teddy shook her head.
"Not properly. I can use my illusions, but i requires a different kind of focus to keep them up"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:08 pm

With a grin, she shook her head. "You've got the mental capacity for all that, then you have the mental capacity to make others believe you aren't there. Obfuscate's a mental thing more so than a physical thing. You're bending reality like Chimestry does, just on a simpler level. So, just imagine yourself invisible. The trick to tricking other people is to trick yourself first."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:13 pm

She smiled.
"Sort like playing with shadows. Once you convince yourself it can be touched and molded" she brushed a hand through a shadow cast by the house, drawing some of the black with her as if she'd run her fingers through oil. "You realize that it's more real than you could've first imagined"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:14 pm

"I suppose every discipline is like that to some degree. Like with fortitude... If you can see yourself like marble, then you become the marble," she nodded.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:18 pm

She nodded. God she'd practiced that so hard, so long, in order to toughen up. Though, it only really toughened her physically.

"Mm.. wanna try to make the shadows move?" she asked with a gentle smile. She'd promised she'd teach her, and it was long over due to be honest. "If" she had to add. "You feel safe knowing how to do so" Medwyn, after all, seemed to hate that power.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:23 pm

"I'll be about safe as I've always been," she laughed. "I can try. But something like that might take a while. As much as I believe I can touch a shadow," she moved her hand toward that darkness, though it went right through. "I have a feeling it will take some time."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:24 pm

"You got a hang of the illusions quickly. I think you'll be able to handle this as well" Teddy nodded confidently, knowing her friend was better at these things than she thought herself.
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:26 pm

"And it's come in handy. Especially when you find yourself in a foreign country with no passport. But, in any event, I digress. Alright, Teacher Girl. Where do we start?"
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:30 pm

"Well..." she'd never taught anyone this, so she honestly wasn't sure what would be the best place to start. "Hm" she thought for a moment, looking around before settling on something. "The first step is to learn to hide in the shadows, to have them actively hide you. So if you step into this shadow" she motioned to the one cast by the house. "Try imagining being part of it. Picture it wrapping around you and shielding you, because it can, if you will to, it will move"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:32 pm

"Alright, though be patient. I may try something else first."

She stepped into the shadow provided by the house, looking at Teddy. Of course, Teddy could see her, so it didn't appear that Cass was disappearing, nor did it look like the shadows were doing what they were supposed to. But there was a small flicker, like she was doing something. It would take a great deal of concentration and possibly hours of standing still. But she would do what she would have to, to learn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach   Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Up On the Rooftop (Teddy, open) - Sunflower Beach
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next