Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach Empty
PostSubject: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 9:18 am

He'd said he'd talk to the Brujah. And while she could hope, well, she wasn't really all that hopeful about it. Not after all the other things that had happened.

At the moment, the blond sat on her haunches in the garden, working through a flowerbed and trimming the flowers. Her cell tucked into a back pocket, and the grass beneath her naked feet.

Whether he'd call or come by she had no idea. Either way, she'd hear from him soon enough.

Last edited by Storyteller on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ife.no
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 10:38 am

He was a believer in telling someone something face-to-face. So he came by, knocking on the door and looking around the side of the house.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 11:58 am

Hearing the vehicle pull up, the blond leaned back, even if she couldn't really look around the corner from where she sat.
"Over here!"
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 3:54 am

He looked around the corner of the house and started toward her. "Hey there."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:07 am

"Oh, hey" the blond pushed herself up onto her feet, slipping her flower patterned gloves off as she gave him a friendly smile. "How are you?"
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:27 am

He smiled. "Fine. You?"
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:29 am

"As good as can be" she smiled gently. "Can I get you anything to drink?" she indicated the open glass doors leading inside.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:51 am

He shook his head. "Nah, thank ya, though."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:52 am

"So" she tilted her head to the side. "You look like a man with something to say" and she had an itch she knew what it was.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:06 pm

He shook his head. "Not really. Ya know, you'd get a lot farther with me by just askin' me whatever ya wanna know."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:12 pm

"Well, you're the one who came here. Sooo, that's why I assumed you wanted to speak with me" she smiled and shook her head. "Never mind. I got your bracelet finished. It actually went faster than I'd thought. C'mon, I got it inside" the blond nodded, heading for the glass doors leading into the living room.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:22 am

He turned to follow her inside. "How much I owe ya for it?"
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:52 am

"I don't think you really wanna know heh... but, the material costs and design totals around ten thousand" lots of gold, and amethysts and diamonds... "Cover the materials and we can call it even" the blond said as she moved to retrieve a small box from a nearby drawer and turning to hand it to him.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:00 am

He tilted his head. "Ya want cash or gold or jewels or checks or credit card, or...?" He could do all of the above.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:02 am

"Cash is fine" she'd need it... "Take a look it first? See if it's what you expected" the blond moved her hands behind her back and chewed on her lip.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:15 am

He nodded. "Sure thing. Hand it over.'
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:19 am

The box was handed over and would, when opened reveal:

A beautiful silver bracelet, set with several charms, all unique and individually crafted with a loving eye for detail. One charm is the shape and form of a baby grand, which has been set with amethysts and diamonds to symbolize the black and white keys. What makes it different from a "normal" baby grand though is the fact that rather than "strings" the open instrument reveals a miniature clockwork arrangement inside of it. Another charm is in the form of a set of drums with the drum sticks laying across the top of them. They too have had the details highlighted by the use of gems of the same type. If anything, perhaps one would have to call it a girl's drum set, if only because its main focus point is the purple colour of the amethysts that creates a beautiful contrast to the silver and the few diamonds that have been used to highlight it. A third charm is in the form of a guitar, a steel guitar type which "plate" is in fact made out of glass, showing off what is a miniature clockwork arrangement underneath, the kind one might expect to find in a master crafted clock. The guitar is also set with a few diamonds and amethysts, though discreetly so.
In-between each of the above mentioned charms there are a set of charms shaped and designed in the form of musical notes (a total of four) accented with the same type of gems. They might at first appear to be random, though perhaps someone well versed in music would recognize what appears to be a short reference to Kamelot's the Haunting.
And if you really look close? You might even see what is in fact the piano sheet music itself engraved into the bracelet's chain, each little link individually engraved, with the Treble Clef engraved on the outside and the Base Clef engraved on the inside of the links. So one could actually read the notes by going over all the links.

If worn and the keywords "for my love" are spoken out loud, the clockwork visible in the guitar and the baby grand will start to move, and the music, which sounds like a beautifully classical arranged version of the Haunting will start to play, featuring the three instruments shown in the bracelet's charms.

------
7 appearance (25+ successes to crafting), works perfectly

Really, there could be no doubt that while a lot of money, the prise she'd given him didn't by any stretch of the imagination cover more than the design and the materials given the detail work on the jewelery.
"I'm sorry it took so long... I had to develop a new technique to incorporate sound like you wanted to"
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:23 am

He smiled. "It's all right. This is fantastic. You sure you only want ten grand for it?"
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:26 am

"I was going to inform you of the prise sooner, but, it got completed faster than I'd thought. So..." she'd feel guilty charging him the whole sum for it when she'd promised to inform him beforehand so he could decide if it was worth it or not.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:31 am

He laughed. "So? Still good work here."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:32 am

"Well, I'd like to hope so" she said with a slight chuckle. "Like I said, had to develop a technique just so I could fill your order to satisfaction"
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 6:27 pm

He shook his head. "Ya didn't have to. Ya coulda told me no."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:50 am

"I said I'd try. And besides, if it makes her happy, then it's well worth the effort" she smiled gently. "I like to try to make dreams come true. Even if only a little piece at the time"
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 12:24 pm

He gave her a shrug. "We'll see if she likes it."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 12:35 pm

"If she doesn't you can easily sell it for three times the amount..." the level of craftsmanship and the materials would make it an easy sell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach   Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's hear the bad news (McKay) - Sunflower Beach
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next