Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server Empty
PostSubject: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 pm

The next time Nolan boots up his computer, there is a new screen waiting for him.  It's a black picture with razor wire around the borders.  In the center of the screen are these words.

Click here to start

Last edited by Storyteller on Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Nolan Williams
Neonate
Nolan Williams

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:21 pm

A few moments later Nolan had everything unplugged and well away from the affected machine.

He examined each piece separately before focusing on the main machine.

He begins figuring out how someone hacked his laptop while it was off. He seems much less interested in finding out what would happen when he pressed the clicked to start. It was obvious to him he already had a virus on the machine.
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Try as he might, he couldn't get anything to run, other than this little window. He was locked out of everything else.

After a minute or so, he could figure out that this had probably been sitting on his machine and had come into effect with the boot.

((Everything is being run by the ST's, but narrated by me.))
Back to top Go down
Nolan Williams
Neonate
Nolan Williams

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:48 pm

After his thorough visual examination he puts his hand on the laptop... nothing.

He goes into his backpack and pulls out his ol' trusty hammer and begins hammering the shit out of his compromised machine. About two hours later, it's destroyed to his satisfaction.

He twitched a bit when he tried to figure out how the hell she hacked his machine. There was no way she could have traced his MAC back to him before he connected to the Internet. Something fishy was afoot here.

Indeed my good Watson; indeed!
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:05 pm

((Does he turn on any of his other equipment?))
Back to top Go down
Nolan Williams
Neonate
Nolan Williams

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:06 pm

((of course. He is a malkavian after all.))
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:09 pm

Every piece of computer tech that he owned, as he turned it on, carried the same window.
Back to top Go down
Nolan Williams
Neonate
Nolan Williams

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:12 pm

Nolan takes all of the batteries out of his machines and computerized gizmos, which he had a lot of.

He puts all the devices in his backpack, including the smashed up one, with the batteries in a different pocket. He gets up, walks out of the room, and makes his way to Elysium where he presses the button to Mr. Razor's office.
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:13 pm

The door opened.
Back to top Go down
Nolan Williams
Neonate
Nolan Williams

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:14 pm

He throws the backpack into the office and stands there.
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:16 pm

She picked up the back pack and smiled.

"All you had to do was press a button, and it would have gone away. We could have talked. You didn't have to break the poor thing. But I'll buy you a new one."
Back to top Go down
Nolan Williams
Neonate
Nolan Williams

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:18 pm

"Fix it."

He brings his hand up, presses some buttons on his watch, puts his hand down, and waits.

"Now."

Curiosity was obviously overwritten by intense irritation.
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:24 pm

She pulled the stuff out of his bag. Including the pieces.

"I hope you don't need me to fix this one. I really will replace it."
Back to top Go down
Nolan Williams
Neonate
Nolan Williams

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Auspex is not needed to see his emotions. Had this been an anime there would be many anger lines seething from him.
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:27 pm

She shook her head.

"Nolan, I don't know what you want me to do. But I told you I was going to test you. If this was your response, I can't use you."
Back to top Go down
Nolan Williams
Neonate
Nolan Williams

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:29 pm

"You hacked my machines so I could press a button. That is not a test; that is an annoyance."
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:33 pm

"I hacked you machines so I could start the damn test."
Back to top Go down
Nolan Williams
Neonate
Nolan Williams

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:41 pm

"Poor. Form.
I would have never hacked into a colleagues machine without consent."
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:43 pm

She blinked at him.

"This is Kindred politics. Do you think the same forms apply?"
Back to top Go down
Nolan Williams
Neonate
Nolan Williams

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:44 pm

"So you hacked into my machine for political gain?"
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:52 pm

"To test you reaction to what happens outside the current forms. And you destroyed your machine."
Back to top Go down
Nolan Williams
Neonate
Nolan Williams

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:53 pm

"My machine was compromised. To ensure my continued safety it needed to be destroyed. I cannot work in an environment in which my identity or presence can be traced."
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:59 pm

"Then I cannot work with you. But you can help the other offices, if you wish."

She pulls open a drawer and pulls out several thousand in cash.

"Here. To replace your machine."
Back to top Go down
Nolan Williams
Neonate
Nolan Williams

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:02 pm

He grabs the money from her.

"I cannot work with someone who has no respect."
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:03 pm

She lifts a brow at him.

"I have plenty of respect. But it's earned. And you have done nothing to earn it from me. Now, get out."

She slides the knapsack across the floor to him with a sneer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server   Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testing (Nolan) - Private Chat Server
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next