Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ok then... - Private Chat Server

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

Ok then... - Private Chat Server Empty
PostSubject: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 5:31 pm

Paranoid Malk was paranoid.

He didn't notice what had happened with his computer until he got home, having last viewed it briefly in the Regency before talking with Ozzie.

This really shouldn't be happening... well ok, he knew how it could, but it was damned clever and not worth the work unless you knew the person you were breaking into was worth the trouble.

Which means all sorts of interesting.

He sighed, and after some effort of willpower suppressed his paranoia long enough to deal with this situation.

"Good evening then." he typed back in the dialogue box.

Last edited by Storyteller on Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 5:33 pm

The reply was instantaneous.

Wire: I see you found my link. How long did you stare at it before clicking?
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 5:36 pm

"Long enough to decide that this entire machine and the wireless connection used is expendable."
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 5:37 pm

Wire: Do you really think you can hide from me? I can get anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 5:40 pm

Lunatic73 : And you expect me to simply give up trying because I see a famous name? What can I do for you?
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Wire: It's what I might be able to do for you. That is, unless you believe yourself godlike, which I have just dis-proven.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Lunatic73: If I were godlike I would not be on this earth. What do you want to do for me, and why?
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Wire: If the security on your laptop is anything to go by, you are a danger to our way of life. I'd like to fix that.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:02 pm

A mental twitch at that one, paranoia suppressed or not.

Lunatic73: And what way of life would that be? The life of an open source developer and hacker?
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:05 pm

Wire: The life of a creature of the night.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:07 pm

Lunatic73: I see... I suppose you are the one who works for our attractive law enforcement?
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:09 pm

Wire: That would be telling. And you haven't earned the right to know who I am.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:12 pm

Lunatic73: It would be a possibility all things considered. So you expect me to trust you, what token do I have of that trust?
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm

The chat screen was suddenly over to the left side of his computer screen, and he now had access back to the rest of the systems on his computer.

Wire: How's that?
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Lunatic73: Enjoying my secrets, or what precious few of them I have? I move to a new city, and go an entire lifetime without a visit from you, and now not only are you visiting me but indicating we share a common society above and beyond the virtual world. It's an interesting coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:28 pm

Wire: You really are an idiot. I gave you back you system as a show of trust. Should I just take all your toys away from you, if you are just going to be an idiot about it?
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:33 pm

Lunatic73: No, I'm suspicious. It comes with who I am you know. Tell me about this security upgrade, and I imagine you'll still be free to get in anytime you want?
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 7:01 pm

Wire: It's not against me you must protect yourself from. It's against intrepid mortals. Don't you agree?
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 7:03 pm

Lunatic73: That is why as you can see there is nothing on this machine or others that risks betraying anything. Very well, what do you propose?
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:03 pm

A folder opened up on his screen with a zip file inside of it.

Wire: Use that for your firewalls. Nothing but me will be able to crack in. And I
ll only be able to do it because I designed it.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:23 pm

Lunatic73: I will. And what do I have to do to meet with you?
Back to top Go down
Nobody's Raz0r
Methuselah
Nobody's Raz0r

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Wire: Prove to me that you're worthy. Then we'll talk.

With those words, the chat screen went dead.

((If you want to try to get back into it at any point, PM the Storyteller.)
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Marvin swore as the screen went dead, and then copied the zip file over onto three different USB thumb drives, before setting down to try and rip the program apart to see what made it tick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok then... - Private Chat Server   Ok then... - Private Chat Server I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ok then... - Private Chat Server
Page 1 of 1