Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built Empty
PostSubject: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:21 am

Unlike waters in other parts of the world, the water in the Atlantic, even down in the depths where light didn't penetrate, was warm. She came awake as she usually did, her eyes flashing open. No sense of grogginess or any lingering tired... vampires didn't get groggy. But she was immediately aware that something was... different. She couldn't quite put her finger on it. But it was different.

Last edited by Storyteller on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
teagan
Methuselah
teagan

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:28 am

Shrugging mentally as she pulled herself slowly out of the earth, that had so graciously agreed to swallow her yet again the night before. As she came to the sandy surface of the ocean floor she looked around at the forest of seaweed that surrounded her, part of her was saddened that she had shared this with Luke, it was nice to have things that were only hers in a world where he tainted everything he touched. Her gaze fell to the rock near by, and she shivered, remembering the other night. It sat just to the side of where she slept, sitting maybe four feet off the sandy bottom of the ocean, a large smooth flat stone, that was home to some small plants, but was still mostly smooth.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:32 am

The reason for the dread from her was immediately and instantly apparent. Something snapped, like a little popping, deep within her. Inside of her, in her heart. In her very soul. The thought of Luke sparked it, and then... she felt the earth-shattering, jarring sensation... that told her that at least, on some level... part of her bond to the Toreador... was starting to wither.
Back to top Go down
teagan
Methuselah
teagan

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:51 am

She fell forward onto all fours as she felt part of her soul melting away. He was part of her soul right? Crying out under the waves that absorbed the sound in such a way that she knew the only person hearing them was her. The love was gone? The intense love of the bond that always shaded her vision of the world and those around her was.. lifted. Her head fell forward chin pressed against her chest as she rolled onto her side, arms wrapped around her torso as if she might be able to hold onto the little love that was left that way. A hundred years of being fully bound to someone takes their toll on the psyche. She wasn't sure just yet if what she had said to him was true.. did she really love him outside of the blood? But she did know that she liked the feeling of loving him inside the bond... he might be an ass but he was her ass damn it. And love felt...once you grew so old feeling anything was almost a miracle.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:54 am

The incredible sense of wrong fully hit her, then. She had felt this kind of thing before. The night her Sire had died, she had felt this sort of breaking. But it was a shattering, all vestiges of the bond gone.

But this....

... this wasn't the whole thing....

She could still feel him....

...... Was he somehow doing this? ...
Back to top Go down
teagan
Methuselah
teagan

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:06 am

Rage... cause well the shoe had just dropped. He had played his game with her, gotten her to say she loved him and was now in the process of breaking the bond to her. Each step a painful tugging at her heart, this was just the first... so he wasn't dead unlike when her sire had died, a man truly deserving of her love. If he bound himself to another before she got her hands on him once more and forced him to drink from her once again she thought of all the fun things she planned on doing to him... like like... maybe eating him for real this time.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:38 am

She was alone with her pain. With her pain and rage. There, beneath the waves, she could rage and cry and scream all she wanted, and no one would be the wiser.
Back to top Go down
teagan
Methuselah
teagan

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:44 am

Well not for long.. time to go find that two timing son of a bitch and force some common sense back down his throat. Stalking up from the water she slowly purged the water from her lungs as she went shifting into her panther form since it meant her sense of smell would be greater and she would have better luck hopefully in telling where he was at and or went to or.. well she was gonna get him.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:59 am

She picked up his scent easily. Here, it was easy to find him. Easy to tell that he had gone into the house, several times, his scent currently strong there.
Back to top Go down
teagan
Methuselah
teagan

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 8:05 pm

That was a stupid thought... she grumbled to herself as she shifted back to human form. Making her way into the house, she began to search for signs of Luke. Her mind racing with all of the things she would do with him.. to him when she found him again. Things like, was his car still there, had the bed been slept in.. those sorts of things.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 1:56 am

The car was gone. The bed had not been slept in. His scent was strong, but it was fading... as if he had been there and left... and not returned.
Back to top Go down
teagan
Methuselah
teagan

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 4:12 pm

She paused collecting her thoughts focusing herself on what she was going to do. What she needed to do. Teagan began to chant, words and prayers older then she was, as she moved to bedroom. That room resounded the most with the feeling of Luke for her, so she thought the connection for him would be strongest there. She climbed up into the bed and reached into her boot, there inside was the ancient dagger she always carried and a small bag of stones. Kneeling she continued to chant, words for the All Father, words for him seeking clarity and guidance. She opened the bag of stones and laid them to rest beside her. She continued to speak in words of her native tongue ancient nordic words, words taught to her years ago in a land far away from this one. Words that she so rarely spoke. She made promises as she went, to use her gift more, to be a better servant, to find a path through him instead of wallowing in what she was. All if only he would help her, seek her mate, extract revenge, assist her in knowledge, that which he gave his own eye for.

Picking up the blade, its metal darkened by time, but its edges honed sharp with care, she sliced deeply into the palm of her hand. Blood sacrifice for the Blood Father, she pumped blood through her system forcing the wound in her hand to ooze, dead blood her blood. The most precious gift she had to offer him. Slowly she allowed the blood to drip from her wound onto the beds coverlet, as she began to slowly form different symbols and runes preparing herself for the casting. The sea had already cleansed her, salt and water inside and out, now she would come before him and seek his guidance. Reaching into her bag with her bloodied hand she took hold of the stones all of them in her hand and with a moments hesitation tossed them to the bed putting all of her faith into the one action.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:52 pm

The runes rattled and fell...

The Distant Past
Wunjo: Wunjo reversed may represent a basic discord and failure in your life. Possibly good fortune is not looking down on you at this time. If so it must be remembered that Wunjo also represents change, which could mean your bad luck is soon to change.

The Recent Past
Laguz: Laguz reversed foretells a period of stagnation, sensual numbness and lack of creativity.

The Present
Eihwaz: Eihwaz represents the Yew tree and its everlasting nature. The Yew may bend, but it does not break. You are on the right course and have the strength and ability to meet your goals. Congratulations!

Near Future
Mannaz: Now is the time for you to explore your inner self and those of others. Your intelligence and creativity are very well honed at the moment. Cooperation from and with others should be very easy to attain.

Distant Future
Jera: Jera denotes positive, recurring cycles, fertility and a time to harvest rewards from your hard work.

Back to top Go down
teagan
Methuselah
teagan

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 12:20 am

She read the stones three times before a single tear ran down her cheek. She looked down at her wounded hand then back to the stones baffled by what they asked of her, of what they suggest that she should do. A gut wrenching sob tore loose from her throat as she slowly and carefully picked up each stone and placed it back into the bag, and then tucked the knife back into her boot. Closing the bag she tucked the stones there as well. Those too were tucked back and away. Picking up the coverlet smeared now with her blood she took it downstairs to the fireplace it was a gas burning stove.. in Florida, but it would work for her purposes. Lighting the stove she watched the flames for a few minutes before tossing the blanket into the fire place and stepping back. Grabbing a fireplace poker she prodded the blanket and watched making sure it burned completely.

Faith, she was a creature of faith. She pondered what that meant for Luke, what ever was happening, right now was not for her to solve. The All Father had spoken, as in the past he let her know now was not the time for war. Teagan decided to give him a night, if he still didn't come home then she would go to the Sheriff and speak with her. They might not like Luke, but he was still a citizen of this domain. From there she would do as Odin instructed and focus on her own path.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 12:34 am

It took a few moments for the blanket to catch fire. Once it did, thick gray smoke billowed up from the fabric as it burned, stinging her eyes. But Odin had clearly spoken to her.

Now is not the time to fight. Whatever it was... was too strong. She could almost hear a deep, rumbling voice in her ear: "Take care of yourself, girl. Take care of you and your business. Don't let nothing stand in the way of that." But it wasn't a voice she recognized. Not one that she knew.
Back to top Go down
teagan
Methuselah
teagan

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 12:55 am

She dropped to a crouch at the voice a silent snarl on her lips. Eyes looking around for where the voice might have come from, other then her mind.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:01 am

The voice seemed, very clearly, to be coming from her own mind. She was quite alone.
Back to top Go down
teagan
Methuselah
teagan

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:05 am

Who are you? she thought very loudly.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:21 am

The Father of all Evil.
Back to top Go down
teagan
Methuselah
teagan

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:43 am

"What is evil but perception... is this a christian thing?" she said aloud, cause well he would hear her.. and thinking loudly was just hurting her head. And damn it didn't any one get the memo... pagan...

Okay so she thought part of it and said the rest...
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:46 am

All evil is perception, child. I know no more of christian concepts than you. And from the sorcery you just performed, I would say your perception of an all-knowing, all-powerful, omniscient entity called 'God' is about as weak as my own.
Back to top Go down
teagan
Methuselah
teagan

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:51 am

"A failing in my faith, not in the All Father. He rewards the faithful." she said evenly, "the all knowing all powerful crap is a christ god thing. We mere mortals.. well sort of... are quite happy to have them ignore us for the most part. It is bad to truly get a gods attention. What are you?" she asked curious Teagan was curious... and really who didn't know that the best way to get her to do something was to tell her not to.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:00 am

At the risk of sounding like the Christ God of christianity, I am a god among men.
Back to top Go down
teagan
Methuselah
teagan

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:04 am

"Huh.." was her only reply.

"So.. where are you?" she asked. Curiosity killed the... well you know.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:07 am

I am nowhere and everywhere at once. I ride on the wind, on the waves, even on the sound that comes from your lips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built   Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beneath the Waves (The First Night) - The House that Sin Built
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next