Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Marcus Jaint
Elder

Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint Empty
PostSubject: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:48 am

It had been a couple of weeks since Marcus had seen Tom, so it seemed like a good idea to get together again.  He logged onto the computer and went to the familiar room, smiling as he saw Tom's login name.

"Hey Tom.  I hope your holidays have been good.  Was wondering if you wanted to get together tonight for a game and some conversation?"

He pressed enter, and sat back, waiting for a reply.

Last edited by Storyteller on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 2:49 pm

The answer came quickly:

Tonight isn't good. But I can make it tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 12:42 am

Meet you there. Say, at around seven pm?
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 2:09 am

Sounds good to me. See you there!
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:32 pm

The next night, Marcus shows up at the coffee shop, donning the mask of who he was when Tom first met him. He took the table they had before, setting up the chess board and sits back to wait. At his feet, a small belated christmas present sits in an equally small gift bag, tissue paper sticking out of the top teasingly.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:42 pm

Within five minutes, Tom was there. He looked... exhausted. But he made his way over to where Marcus sat, the smile on his face.

"Hi again!"
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:47 pm

He smiles warmly, standing and motioning towards the empty chair "Hey! Crap, you've been busy" he says, retaking his seat as soon as Tom seats himself "Tell me what's been going on?" For the moment, the chess board is forgotten, a fair bit of concern on his face as he notes Tom's exhaustion.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:51 pm

He smiled.

"There's been a rash of car accidents, home invasions and the like. It's been nearly no-stop work since I last saw you. You see this a lot at Christmas and New Year's... people rushing to get to a family function and not being as safe or careful as they should, or the burglars getting more bold because everyone just got a bunch of Christmas presents. Unfortunately, it means I'm getting between three and four hours of sleep a night and not a day off for months."
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Marcus smiles, and nods towards the counter "Would you like a cup of tea or something while we talk? I don't wanna keep you if you are only getting a couple hours of sleep a night Tom" There was genuine concern in his voice as he addressed his companion. Suddenly he smiles, then reaches down to the small bag at his feet "And I got you a holiday present."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:17 pm

He smiled at Marcus.

"I'll grab a cup of coffee, I think."

Then he looked surprised.

"Really? For me? But... I haven't had a chance to do any holiday shopping or anything, and now I'm going to feel bad..."

He let it trail off. And he looked truly apologetic.
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Marcus waves a hand at Tom, smiling lightly "Nonsense. You are my friend Tom, and as such, you are entitled to certain fringe benefits." He chuckles, setting the small gift bag next to the chess board, closer to Tom. "You sit there and I'll go get you a coffee. Cream or sugar?" He asks, rising.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:25 pm

He seemed surprised again. Marcus knew he was a surgeon; knew he was well-paid. But he was, frankly, sitting down. And that meant he didn't want to get back up.

"Cream, please. No sugar."
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Marcus smiles amiably and turns, making his way to the counter and orders two cups of coffee. It doesn't take long, and he drops a ten dollar bill into the tip jar and heads to the cream and sugar counter. He adds a couple dollops of cream into Tom's and lidding it before moving back to his chair. He sets the cup near the present, then sits back himself.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:03 pm

He turned back to Marcus with a smile.

"Thanks. Should I open this now?"
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:21 pm

He nods, a grin nearly splitting his face in two. He was excited, and it showed. "Indeed. It's part of a larger gift that I didn't want to lug down here." He takes a 'sip' of his lidded coffee before setting it down on the table next to him.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Curiouser and curiouser, thought the young doctor.

Carefully, he started pulling at the tissue paper, peeking inside the bag as he took a large sip of his coffee.
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:06 pm

The bag was surprisingly heavy for being such a small thing and as soon as Tom peeled back the tissue paper he knife why. Within, each in a protective sleeve were three figureines. The craftsman ship of the chess pieces were amazing, and Marcus watched with silent interest, looking between the bag and Tom's reaction.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:09 pm

His eyes grew wide. Carefully, his fingers began to delicately trace the features of the pieces, before he looked up at Marcus.

"This is... too much."
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:13 pm

Marcus shakes his head "Nonsense Tom. You are in a profession few people have the patience for. You work yourself to the bone, foregoing sleep and personal comforts to help a city that rarely expresses it's gratitude for what you do." He smiles "These last few months have been hell obviously, which I noticed, was something that happens every year. And yet you remain, doing good work for people. You are my friend, and I want you to know, I appreciate it. Besides, I've had this chess set around for ages, and have no one to play it with. At least now, I have a friend to share such a beautiful set with."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:19 pm

The words seemed to relax the doctor.

"Then... I guess... thank you. Thank you very much, Marcus."

In an odd display for the reserved doctor, he leaned over to press a kiss to Marcus' cheek.
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:49 pm

Marcus smiles a bit as Tom leans in to kiss his cheek and he offers it to the man willingly and without hesitation. What might strike him as odd in return is that Marcus tilts his head a bit to kiss Tom's cheek as well, pulling back while maintaining eye contact with the man. "My pleasure Tom." he says quietly, only breaking eye contact when he was sure his message was received. He takes another sip of his coffee and sets it down.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:58 pm

Tom had no problem meeting the eyes of Marcus, even offering him a smile before the eye contact was broken. He took another sip of his own coffee, though he was watching his friend.

"I assure you, the pleasure is mine. But I will say this... I will only accept this gift if you will share a few games with me."
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:40 pm

Marcus leans forward some, his blue eyes intent on Tom "I'd like that. What are you plans for the rest of the evening. I'm sure you would prefer resting, but if it's a choice of sitting here and drinking coffee...or heading back to my place to play some chess with your present...." he flashes his best 'boy-next-door' smile "I know what decision I would go with" he finishes with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 9:58 pm

Tom laughed, taking another sip of his coffee.

"I'd be happy to go and play some chess, Marcus. You mind if I call my roommate and make sure he walks my puppy?"
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:03 pm

A wide smile touches at Marcus' lips as he regards Tom "Somehow, it doesn't surprise me that you have a puppy. But don't tell me what type." He sits back, his blue eyes centered on the handsome man "Hmm, you are....A Jack Rustle Terrier type of guy. Cute and adorable, boundless energy and lots of love for cuddle time." He grins as he pulls out his phone and offers it to Tom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint   Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Following up - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller & Marcus Jaint
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next