Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Marcus Jaint
Elder

Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint Empty
PostSubject: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 10:49 pm

Marcus turned his computer on and sat back, considering his next action.  He was here, and he was well blended in as one of the community.  That was good, but it was a little troubling to him that of the few kindred he's met, none of them seemed like the cold blooded manipulative creatures he was told they were.  Quite the opposite in the case of Shauna and Jim.  He smiles to himself at the thought of those two, then frowned.  No they were the enemy here.  They, and all their kind were responsible with what happened to her, and by god, they were going to pay.

He leaned forward, beginning a search for doctor chat rooms and begins scrolling through the various rooms until he found one that looked promising.  Thomas Mikinlie, his name said.  Doctor for twelve years.  Looking for a friend to chat and play chess with.  Marcus nods to himself, smiling some as he begins researching the prospective daytime companion.

After an hour or so had passed, Marcus finally opens a dialog with the man, starting with a simple E2 to E4.  He follows it up with a friendly Smile

Last edited by Storyteller on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 3:47 am

It was only a few moments before the response came.

E7 to E5

It was followed by a Smile
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 6:00 pm

D1 to H5
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 6:07 pm

G7 to G6

You're good. Smile
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 6:20 pm

H5 to e5
Queen takes Pawn
Check

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:28 pm

It could have been for any number of reasons. But the answer didn't come right away.

You apparently saw my personal. Might I ask who it is that actually begins a conversation with a game of chess?
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:46 am

I'm Marcus. Pleased to meet you. And really, how else was I to get your attention. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:47 am

Tom. And there's several ways, but at least you chose an interesting one. Nice to meet you, Marcus.
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:59 am

So tell me a bit about yourself Tom? It mentioned you were a doctor? That sounds exciting!!
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 4:02 am

Sounds more glamorous than it is. Smile I'm an orthopedic surgeon. What about you?
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 4:05 am

Year left. I did a bit of residency work at the Ney York Presbiterian Hospital, but had to take some personal time off. I'll get back to it soon though Wink
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 4:06 am

What's your area of specialty? And are you going back to NY Presby?
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 4:28 am

General practice, however, there have been some cutting edge breakthroughs in computer science and how it relates to medicine. I'm actually thinking about taking a few extra courses and gaining a certification in that field. And in answer to your other question; eventually. I still have a few things to finish up before I get back to that.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 4:31 am

The hospital I'm currently at actually offers some of those computer courses. No one is required to take them, but they're free for the residents. I loved NY when I went there last summer, so I can't blame you for heading back.
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 4:57 am

Oh yeah? What hospital are you at Tom? And pretty much. N.Y. was amazing, although I'm kind of happier here in Florida. It's still got alot going on, but it's not quite so 'The city that never sleeps" Wink
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:19 pm

I work at West Palm VA. Florida occasionally sleeps, but its not as crowded as NY was. Not as much of a tourist trap, unless you're in Orlando or Miami.
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:41 pm

I think I'm gonna head down to this all night coffee house that's just down the street. It's called Hill Street Coffee if you wanna come down and chat. Very Happy

P.S. I'll bring my chess board Wink
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:54 pm

Sure! Just be warned that I do have to work in the morning, so I'll have to leave fairly shortly.
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:01 pm

Very Happy See you when you get there.

Marcus logs off and grabs up a backpack sitting besides the door and heads out into the night. The coffee house really wasn't all that far from the haven, so it really seemed to work out well. He found a quiet spot in the corner of the room where two comfortable chairs are placed around a small circular table and waits, setting up the board as he does so.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 am

Marcus was only there for a few moments before a man entered. He glanced around for just a moment, and when he saw the man with the chessboard, his face broke into a smile.

"Marcus?"
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 1:52 am

Marcus glances up at Tom and stands extending his hand out to the other man. "Tom. Good timing friend. Just got the board finished up." He motions towards the barista "Want something to drink? I don't really drink coffee myself all that much, but I do enjoy the atmosphere around here." Marcus smiles fondly around the room before returning his attention to Tom.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:07 am

He had the hands of a surgeon. They were soft and pristine, absolutely gorgeous to look at. He wasn't bad to look at, but his hands were absolutely magnificent. His grip, though, was firm as he shook the offered hand, and his smile was gentle. His voice was soft, as though he were somewhat naturally soft-spoken, but carried a tone of authority with it. Some authority had to be ingrained, to run a surgical team.

"No, thank you. I'll never get to sleep tonight if I do. It's nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:16 am

Marcus dips a nod and retakes his seat, motioning for Tom to do the same. He glances down at the board and chuckles, flicking his gaze back up at the other man "In the interest of time, I've given you white for the first move." Marcus grins, leaning back onto his chair
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:20 am

He smiled, ducking into his own seat and looking at the board thoughtfully. He made his first move - E2 to E4, then regarded Marcus with what amounted to a half-smile.

"Thank you. You know, I think you're the first person to actually answer that personal ad."
Back to top Go down
Marcus Jaint
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:43 pm

Marcus chuckles while looking down at the board for a moment, reaching out to bring a pawn forward a single square; E7 to E6. Once having done so, he smiles and glances up at Tom dipping a nod "Well, to be honest, I wasn't expecting you to reply. It's hard enough finding someone up this late that's willing to enjoy a game of chess, while simultaneously keeping up the level of intellectual conversation I'm hoping for." he grins, leaning back into his chair waiting for Tom to move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint   Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time to hire some help - Marcus Jaint Private Scenes - Storyteller/Marcus Jaint
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next