Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven Empty
PostSubject: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Cassiel knocked on Marvin's door a few nights later. The knock came much softer than the last and she didn't say anything through the door.

Last edited by Storyteller on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Marvin opened the door for her and beckoned her inside. The broken lamp had been replaced, and as usual his haven was obsessively neat and organized. "Hey Cass" he smiled. "How are you feeling tonight?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:03 pm

"I'm fine, thank you," she nodded as she stepped inside. "And yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:07 pm

"Still working on a plan to debug the community of some sex offenders. Sit, please. So I want to teach you fortitude, it seems like something you could really use."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:09 pm

"I appreciate the offer, but my plate is full," she said as she sat. "But I'm sure you would then be interested in something I could teach you, so out with it. That's how these things work, right?"

There was a noticeable coldness to her tone, though Marvin could tell that it was not necessarily directed at him.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:14 pm

He shook his head. "No charge. There are things I'd like to learn from you. Presence and Celerity but I won't ask for them for this. This is my subtle slap at people who would abuse you. A little fortitude goes a long way, especially if you heal slowly. So it's yours for the taking."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:15 pm

She tilted her head to the side.

"And who is it, exactly, that you believe is abusing me?"
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:17 pm

"Nobody at the moment. But you hurt easily, and this will help protect you. You told me the other night your dreadful stare is a protection, well this is your armor. Ok?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:19 pm

"No, my armor is not letting anyone close," she shook her head. "It's on my list and I appreciate it, Marvin, I do. But it's not something I need immediately. Other things take precedence at the moment, is all."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:21 pm

He nodded and stretched out on his couch.

"Anything I can help you with then? "
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:22 pm

"Sorry to say that I don't think there is," she shook her head again.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:26 pm

He sighed.

"Charlie hurt you pretty bad didn't he?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:26 pm

"No, he didn't," she corrected him softly.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:32 pm

He simply nodded. "I have reached the conclusion that compassion and caring is anethma for our kind. Would you care to join me in debugging this city and getting down to a more... numbing level of humane feeling?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:33 pm

"No, that's all you. I would rather just be left alone," simply stated.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:39 pm

He nodded. "I can help you secure your home or let you lurk in the shadows quite literally too if you wish. For those I would try and trade you something. I suppose though you'd just as soon not be here either. Don't let me disturb you Cass. I figured while I was still feeling humane I'd give you some of the last kindness I'm inclined to want to show people."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:41 pm

"If you're choosing to leave the lighted path, Marvin?" She stared coldly at him, shaking her head and frowning.

"Then I would rather not do business with you, kindness or not. I don't expect you to understand, but my convictions say no matter what, you don't voluntarily cross that line. I'm sorry, Mr. Johnson."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:46 pm

"You got a better idea?" he almost snarled and then paused....

"I guess you've got it worse than I do, and you still keep it don't you?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:49 pm

"My idea is just keep truckin' along, Mr. Johnson. No matter the weight of the world on your shoulders, you just keep going. You're weak if you let yourself slip just because it's easier. You don't take the coward's way out."

She paused, her tone still cold and unfeeling, without a hint of anger, compassion or even fear. She just... didn't care of her words affected him or anyone else. Since they never did, really.

"Is that what you are? A coward?"
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Marvin's eyes went wide with rage, and he bolted to his feet, hissing and snarling as he dropped his fangs and advanced on Cass.

Before he actually reached for her he manged to get under control.

"What I am is very angry" he finally said before sitting back down. "How the hell do you do it?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:11 pm

The Toreador, not in a particularly caring mood, didn't even flinch as he advanced. She stood as he came near and spoke.

"I turn the other cheek, Marvin. So that I don't become the true monsters that would want to strike at me. That's how. Rise above it."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:15 pm

His response was to slam a fist into an end table and shatter it.

"The opposite is to wind up somebody that just exists. Crawling through the dark corners and hiding so nobody comes close. Something has to be compromised Cass."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:19 pm

"And you don't fucking compromise your humanity unless you have to. There is no sacrifice in that, Marvin. None. You don't get to be the martyr. But you want to end up an unfeeling bastard like Victor? Be my guest. I can't stop you. More power to you, since that's what you want."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:24 pm

That made him freeze. Marvin turned on Cass, and held up a hand with his finger sticking out. "Ah...."

He shook his head and tried it again, finger still shaking in the air. "Ah.... Damnit Cass you put out a convincing argument."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:26 pm

"It happens on occasion."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven   You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You rang? (Marvin/open) - Marvin's Haven
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next