Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ren
Methuselah

Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren Empty
PostSubject: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Ren chose one of the warehouses that the Brujah often met at. She'd thought about the shop, but that seemed like it might make things a little too tense, for a lot of a reasons.

She waited outside for Charlie to arrive.

Last edited by Storyteller on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:36 pm

The black Audi A8 pulled up outside the building not long after she'd arrived, the youth exiting to correct the black leather jacket he was wearing before closing the door and heading over to her while locking it up with a tap of the keys.
"Evening" he offered calmly, though with barely a hint of a polite smile to his lips.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:40 pm

"It's good to see you again, Charlie." Her own smile was tense, though it appeared genuine. "We should probably go inside."

The door was already open, the interior easy to see.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:49 pm

"If you wish" he inclined his head politely, motioning for her to step inside. "Ladies first"
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:59 pm

She tensed slightly, but took it on faith that Charlie would at least want to know why she'd contacted him. She slipped quickly through the door moving off to the side once she'd entered.

She turned to face him.

"I have some information about Sam's death. It may already be known to you, but it's relatively new to me and is something I felt you had a right to know as well."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:33 pm

"Then please" he said once inside, turning so that he was facing her. "Speak what's on your mind. I'm listening"
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:46 pm

"Those who signed off on it weren't the ones who ordered it. It was Paschek and Guil pulling the strings." Her voice didn't carry, even in the large empty room that could easily echo most sounds.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:54 pm

"Paschek and Guil" he repeated calmly. Steel blue eyes still focused on her. "Anything else?" he asked as he placed one hand over the other.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:04 pm

"I haven't been able to find out why it was ordered. Something's sketchy, but I don't have the pull or the ability to dig deep enough to find out what's really going on." She met his gaze rather evenly. "Not that that's stopping me from asking around."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:24 pm

"Well, considering you were present at his death I reckon your insight into the matter surpasses mine" he replied, still calm, at least on the outside. Hi body language remained relaxed though alert, but then again, it usually always was.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:39 pm

"I wish I could say that it did."

"I still haven't been able to make sense of it." She shook her head slightly, still obviously confused and unhappy with what had transpired.

Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:46 pm

"That makes two of us then" the youth said with that same calm voice as before. Happy about things? Probably not. But whatever temper he might have, and he did have one considering his Clan, he did well to keep it under control.
"Would you care to share with me what happened that night?"
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:06 pm

"I'd prefer not to, but I will. If I have your word that what I tell you goes no further. Your word sealed with a major that I will not call in unless your promise is broken." She hoped he'd see the benefit for both of them. A trade, information for security. "Fair?"
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:17 pm

"The "family" in this town stood by and let my father be killed" the youth said coldly. "I will not place any such thing as a boon from myself in the hands of any of you, even less my word. I remember our dear Primogen asking us about the meaning of loyalty when I attended my first Clan meeting here. From what I've heard though, loyalty is not something to be expected from the local family, so excuse me for not wanting to entrust you with any kind of leverage over me" he replied evenly. "If our matters here are settled then I would like to get back to my business, miss Johnson" he didn't seem too keen in staying.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:51 pm

"You are mistaken about quite a few things Ms Cusack. Particularly about family loyalty. I came here because of family loyalty. Because Sam was my friend and because I thought you had the right to know who truly handed down the order." She was remarkably calm herself. "Information often comes with a price. My price protects us both. Nothing more." It wasn't leverage she wanted. Not in the slightest.

"The offer, as it stands, is on the table should you change your mind." Despite Charlie's anger, Ren seemed quite a bit more understanding than one might expect.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:58 pm

"I'd be watch my tongue if I was you. Because you've obviously gone digging where your nose doesn't belong" he smiled, though it was in no way pleasant. "Some things are not meant to be known by the likes of of you" the youth saint calmly, taking a step back before turning and heading out the door. The words "go to Hell" lingering unspoken on his lips as he hadn't wanted to even as much as mention anything related to Heaven or Hell as of late.

Fucking bitch knew... great... just great... just...
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:35 am

Her words were surprisingly gentle. "And some things were not meant to be known by you, or anyone else. Yet I was willing to try working with you.” Oddly enough, out of loyalty.

“As for your secret, I did no digging, someone simply referred to you as ‘she'. I have no intention of sharing the information with anyone, Mr. Cusack.” Reverting to his preferred gender identity.

She sighed as her clanmate stormed out.

"This is what I get for trying to do the right thing.” She said, mostly for her own benefit.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 2:24 am

Few knew. And the few who did ought to know better. Betrayed by someone's loose lips.... he had a creeping suspicion as to who as well. Which in turn meant he was proper fucked.

He didn't exactly storm out. He simply walked, calmly, to his car and got in.

Winter was coming. Maybe he ought to consider Moscow or Berlin or something. He missed the snow anyways and the US? Without Sam he could never consider it home anyways.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:29 am

She leaned in the doorway and watched him leave. If her expression was any indication, this hadn't gone the way she'd hoped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren   Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scene - Awkward moment number four (Charlie) - Ren
Page 1 of 1