Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 6:53 pm

"Ass."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 6:53 pm

He looked up at the Tzimisce.

"Yep. That's her."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:15 am

He remained watching McKay the whole time, eventually asking again of the phone.

"When did you last feel the sun without pain, what lineage did you previously identify as, and what lineage do you now identify as?"
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 12:40 pm

Son. Of. A....

"About a year ago, the Usurpers," yes, really, "and now, Tzimisce."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 3:27 pm

Still he looked at the Brujah. "Does this allay your concerns, Mister McKay?"
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 3:41 pm

He shook his head. "Not really. I mean, sure, you've convinced me it's her, but I heard about these copies bein' all around town of people. So what's ta say she ain't one of them?"
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 3:49 pm

"Simply, because I made them from the experiences and memories of those they appeared to be. I did not create her, nor would I entrust as much ability as she has to a flimsy duplicate. Do you truly believe that the Griselda Mackenzie you knew would fall to water given bodily form, as was seen by so many on the beach?"
Back to top Go down
Dromichaetes
Ancilla
Dromichaetes

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 4:12 pm

The until-then silent other Fiend spoke up, as if having caught the attention of something.

"Pardon my interruption gentlemen, but Mihaela, it seems that Scion and Mister Cusack keep invoking the Celestial names of the infernal entities in human bodies within the city. Would you be a dear and tell them of the folly in their action, please? It is in everyone's best interests that they cease this act. They needn't tell the demonic everything they discover of the pair, wouldn't you agree?"
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 4:14 pm

There was a brief pause.

"I'm on it. I swear, the denizens of this city seem determined to make me insane."

There was a brief pause.

"Talk to you later, James. Thank you, Father, for speaking with me."

And the phone went dead.
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:16 pm

And with a dismissive wave towards it, the phone disappeared from whence it came, its job completed.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:19 pm

He looked thoughtful. "Honestly? Yeah. She wasn't really tha toughest of people. She had powers, but she got stomped when she threw me outta tha way. So yeah, I'd believe it."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:50 am

"You would prefer another Griselda Mackenzie and another Water Vohzd to be created, then, to retell events as they were? The death of the original of the duplicates was predestined in design, she had the capability but not the skill to utilize her skills. It was necessary for all to believe her dead."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:27 pm

He shook his head. "Nah, Boss, I get it. But if it was necessary, I need ta ask why you're tellin' me now? I mean, I finally just got past it." Kind-of. Daughters of Cacophony helped.
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:32 pm

"You had doubt of the validity of the offer made, proof of its occurrence became necessary and was provided in turn."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:36 pm

He scratched his head. "Ya couldn't just pull a rabbit out of a hat or somethin'? Ya had ta pick her?"
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:42 pm

"Perhaps the words chosen were not worded correctly. You had doubt of the potential to strip one of their clan, their embrace and return them to life, only to subject them to the embrace anew under a new sire, and thus new clan. Would you have trusted word from one that you did not know in the past, given that you already had doubt of the actions themselves?"
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:50 pm

His brow rose. "An' you're thinkin' I might wanna do that? I ain't bein' disrespectful, I appreciate tha info 'bout th' Clan an' all. But I'm not sure why ya might wanna do that ta me. I mean, I ain't nothin' special, an' aside from ya sayin' that I'm smarter than my dick, pardon my language, though the sentiment is appreciated -- maybe I'm just not followin' why you're botherin' ta offer such things?"
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:33 pm

He nodded. "Of course. The end times are coming nearer by the night, Mister McKay. If we are to survive with those we wish to accompany us, we are responsible for taking every measure possible to ensure the survival most fitting for what is to continue after the Red Star's gaze has passed from us. As Brujah's true lineage is capable of the distortion of time itself, and was among Caine's first chosen for the third generation, what better preparation is there?"
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:36 pm

He thought about that one. Really thought about it. He hated it when people made sense. It distorted everything he knew about the world. "All right. Now that's a good reason, I'll give ya that. What kinda assurances ya got that what you're talkin' about ain't just some children's story ta scare tha neonates inta havin' a brain?"
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 2:21 pm

"Of Gehenna, Caine's lineage, or the imminent nature of the End Times? Much of it could be provided in the passages of the Book of Nod, said to be his own word by many acclaimed scholars and scattered in pieces since the walls of Enoch rose. The imminent nature of Gehenna has been seen in the Week of Nightmares, the return of the Cappadocians from their buried city where Cappadocious locked them away, the extermination of the Sons of Discord, and the larger release of Fallen Angels into our world from whatever Hell they have been trapped in until now."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 2:23 pm

His confusion seemed to clear. "Oh. This is mostly about them Fallen, then. So my question is, is what you're proposin' gonna make me less vulnerable ta tha Fallen things?" Because really, he wasn't all that vulnerable to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 2:32 pm

He nodded. "The Discipline of Celerity is a pale shadow of what Temporis allows, though there are certainly risks in it. The manipulation of time's passing on yourself or others is more dangerous than simple acceleration of physical movement."

He added as an afterthought. "Additional enhancements can be provided, as well, if you like."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:20 pm

His brow rose. "Like what?" He liked to know what he was getting himself into.
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:48 pm

"Tutelage of Disciplines ranging from varying forms of Blood Magic to Obtenebration, perfection of memory, a more captivating voice, immunity to the bond of Vitae, efficiency of vitae digestion, near immunity to that which would adversely effect your mind...." He trailed off, clearly having more to offer. "Near anything is available."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:50 pm

He paused. "... Ain't interested in anythin' magical." Really. Not. Interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next