Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair Empty
PostSubject: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:58 pm

James McKay wrote:
"Hey, it's Jim McKay. I apologize for tha lack of formality, but I'm in a public place at tha moment. I wondered if there was any chance that I could meet up with ya ta discuss some political things? Let me know, thanks."

"Good evening, Mister McKay.  If you would be so kind as to stop by one of my holdings, I would be more than happy to discuss any topic on your mind.  Pay the guards no more mind than seems necessary, someone will meet you at the entrance."

Last edited by Storyteller on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:09 pm

"Thank ya. Let me go drop the pups at tha house an' I'll head right over."

Which was to say, he'd take about twenty minutes to get there. Though if they were going to move on McKay Standard Time, it'd take at least an hour.
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:16 pm

And, sure enough, the near-impossibly pretty 'ghoul' was waiting outside the gates, clipboard in hand, looking quite attentive while flanked to either side of the entrance by a pair of obviously heavily armed guards. Pulses? Youbetcha. Snazzy and top of the line attire? Even more prevalent... even with the automatic rifles.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:18 pm

He strolled up, calm as ever. He gave the entirely-too-pretty woman a glance with an appraising eye. He just wouldn't be himself if he didn't note her attractiveness. For that matter, armed guards got the same kind of look. Deal with it. He smiled, looking just as charming as ever. "Well, good evenin' to ya."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:27 pm

She smiled. She always smiled. "Good evening, Mister McKay. Is there anything that I can get for you before your meeting?"

The guards, for their credit, didn't seem to budge, even when he approached.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:29 pm

He shook his head with that same flash of a smile. "Naw, darlin', I don't think so." Classic McKay. "But I thank ya for askin'."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:55 pm

She still smiled. "This way, sir." As she motioned towards the already opening gates and began inside.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:58 pm

She was leading him. That was okay. Gave him a chance to glance at her rump while she walked. But he was, at least, respectful about it. As such, he followed her in silence.
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Up the hill and through the sparse trees that preceded it they went, bringing the Brujah to the large stone table atop it where his host sat at one of the many tables.

"I'll be here if you need anything, sir," the ghoul smiled, gesturing onward.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:30 pm

He smiled at the ghoul before he gestured to Anton. "Mind if I sit?"
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:29 pm

"By all means, Primogen," he motioned to the seat to his right -- traditionally the position for the guest of honor at banquets. "What can I do for you?"
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:32 pm

He was polite, if nothing else. Which meant that he waited until he was seated, then looked toward his host. "Wondered if we could discuss a few things. One of the first bein' that Malkavian that's becomin' a pain in my side."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm

He nodded. "Of course. I presume you mean the Marvin Johnson? I'm not aware of any other Malkavians causing issues, thankfully."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:51 pm

He nodded. "That'd be the one. I've been asked ta toss my hat in ta get him his Acknowledgement back, he says that Jamie already tossed his hat in, but I wondered if I could get a quick rundown on what he did ta cause ya ta remove it?"
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:07 pm

"You would prefer a brief telling of the events or a complete telling of the events leading to his offense, the act itself and how he handled his missteps following? I can assure you that his understanding of his Majesty's words are mistaken, as well." He didn't seem to care which of the offered options the Brujah took.
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:16 pm

He nodded as he listened. "I'll take anything you're willin' ta tell me about it. Tha better informed I am, tha better I can make a decision on it." But he wasn't going to pry.
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:31 pm

"In short, he intentionally exploited Harpy Fortunato's weakness of blood in Elysium after physically moving Harpy Fortunato's person, exhibiting use of Discipline in the process. His Majesty destroyed the device the pictures were displayed on, told Mister Johnson not to do so, which the Malkavian chose to lay passively on the floor in response to.

"For the act of disrespect to both His Majesty and Harpy Fortunato, I declared him to be Insolent. As he continued to lay upon the floor, all the response mustered by the child was shrug of his shoulders. For the further act of disrespect, his Acknowledgement was revoked and replaced with Toleration until such a time as every Position holder within the domain agreed that he had learned to give them the respect due.

"As far as His Majesty's words, Prince Alexander stated Well, I'll tell ye wha'. Ye go an' convince four o' th' others t' reinstate your Acknowledgment, an' I'll toss mine in there."

He shook his head in obvious disappointment. "Mister Johnson then attempted to persuade Prince Alexander to appoint him as Keeper of Elysium, which His Majesty rightfully declined."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:36 pm

He stared, dumbfounded. "Is tha kid really that dumb?"
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:44 pm

"If he were to be held accountable for everything that he did outside Elysium, he would likely be in an even worse position. Why the child was released by his sire is a mystery beyond my insight. Luckily, for his sake alone, he is not. He has not made the mistake of violating the King's domain, at least."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:47 pm

He rubbed a hand over his face. "Well, that explains that. An' why he needs ta get back in someone's good graces." He paused. "Thanks for tha insight."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:50 pm

He nodded once. "Of course. What else can I do for you this evening? You suggested there was more than a single topic."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:52 pm

He nodded. "Do ya know Greer Harrington?"
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:57 pm

"Personally, no. I am aware of her presence in the domain, however."
Back to top Go down
James McKay
Methuselah
James McKay

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:59 pm

He nodded. "She's been havin' an issue with tha daysleep. Dreams that she says she's tired when she wakes up from, or doesn't wake up at all. My understandin' of tha Kindred condition is that it shouldn't be happenin'. I took her ta see Victor Morton an' he's about as useful as tits on a boar hog - pardon my french - in figurin' that out. I'd like ta help her stop that, an' I hear you're pretty knowledgeable about things pertainin' ta Kindred, so I thought I'd ask."
Back to top Go down
Anton de Sforza
Methuselah
Anton de Sforza

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 4:02 pm

He thought a moment before answering.

"It is safe to assume that she is not old enough to suffer from Ennui and struggle against torpor nightly, yes?"

Last edited by Anton de Sforza on Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No idea why I italicized anything in this...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair   Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Round (McKay) - Dragon's Lair
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next