Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:56 am

"... I already had everything I needed." he padded the the mast, trying perhaps to lessen the truth behind his words, the utter truth of it which weighed on him like an anchor. Sometimes, everyone needed to be grounded for a moment, to be held down so they weren't swept away to sea.

So soon, so overwhelming. It was her gift. It was her. He looked at the narrow stairs. "Alright, time to check out the hold." as he started clomping down to see the rest of the cornucopia of joy and rapture.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 12:42 pm

She let the dogs go next. Mostly so they wouldn't bowl her over.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 12:51 pm

While certainly an avid fisherman, while certainly at home on the water, he was not built for the normally smaller confines of a ship. It took a fair amount of careful moving to gain access to the hold, his back hunched slightly so he could inspect the cabinets and bunks. His fingers trailed over the wood and metal, all the simple items, stark in comparison to yachts and other more updated ships. But he would have hated such things. All he needed was a ship, and a wind to sail her on. And those he cared about. And he had all those now. "Some wood is rotted, but at least the forward bunk is nicely sized. Room for everyone." as he made it past the fold down table into the small slanted bedroom. There was a porthole or two, but those could be removed of blacked out to protect them from the Sun's harsh rays if needs be.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 1:23 pm

She followed along, a pleasant and very happy smile on her lips.

"Just one more thing for you to replace." She teased. "I set up accounts at Home Depot, the local lumber yard, and a couple of the junk shops for you." She liked being able to take care of him.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 1:35 pm

He looked back at her, her body illuminated by the shafts of light let in by the small windows. She had thought of so much - thoughtfulness he just didn't have the capability of. "Ren..." the single word was infused, drowning in a surge of emotions that had actually been subdued when the bond had made them feel false. Years of thoughts and emotions condensed down to a single word, a whirlpool sucking it all out of him, down to one dense, solid syllable. Roux grinned like the idiot he was, going to say something, but Zydeco opened her jaws and kept his mouth from opening. Likely better that way.

He couldn't get anymore out, drained with the force of those three letters. It was too much, so much. It seemed like more of a dream now than when he had first reawoken. In the span of less than a week, she had completed him, given him his hopes on a silver platter.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:02 pm

"Yes, Mat?" She had stopped moving, waiting for whatever he would say.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:10 pm

He couldn't. He just... couldn't. He shook his head, scratching at the back of his head. ".. It's... it's wonderful." how swiftly his words failed him when they were needed. It was not the first time they had fallen short of the mark he had hoped to reach. It would not be the last. "I don't think I will ever be able to repay you. Or thank you enough."

Years. Years they had been bonded by blood. And now, in this moment, he felt the closest to her. Wanted her the most. Toutatis was a cruel Deity.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:58 pm

"Seeing you this happy is enough. It's all I want." Even the Beast deserved some joy.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 10:04 pm

His bulk caused the build in seat to creak. He would likely have to reinforce things just to deal with his own impressive weight. He adjusted his hat, pushing his hair back. He could face down so many things without batting an eye...

"I guess I'm going to have to come to grips with something. Everytime I see you... I am going to want to ask you to spend the day." at least he didn't try to grab or abuse her. Something about what he said, or some thought made him smile. "Guess I took that for granted over the past years." amongst so many other things.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:15 pm

"I think we both did."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:26 pm

He nodded. He had asked... somewhat. "Would it have been better if I had been more upfront? Back then?" it was not the question he should be asking, but... that was truly the crux of the issue in the end, wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:32 pm

"I don't know. Everything from then is all messed up."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:35 pm

"... And us? I mean... I don't know..." he closed his eyes, growling at himself. It felt like that night within his haven, all over again. When he told he, finally... and she... it was so confused.

"Are you seeing anyone currently?" he wasn't even sure what answered he wanted. A yes meant he wouldn't have to try to understand it, but he had to worry about them hurting her. Then again, considering what the Sheriff had said to him... it was all confusing inside.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:38 pm

"Does it matter?" It didn't seem to to her.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:40 pm

He blinked. "Well... kinda? I mean... I..." he frowned. Scratched his head. "I was pretty sure in human society, it did. You see one person, or you're labeled a whore like my Mother was." that had stumped him pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 1:52 pm

"It's different in Kindred society."

She sighed. "I've been with a few people." She never lied to him before, she wasn't going to start now.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 2:02 pm

He nodded, still mulling things over. "As long as they haven't harmed you. Though...I guess... where does that leave us, then?" as he had been fully expecting her to try to stake him on the first night, the fact she had bought him a boat, welcomed him home... the poor socially atrophied Gangrel was just trying to understand where he stood. Or sat, currently.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:49 pm

"I don't know...we were always a messed up couple."

She peered at him.

"What do you want?" Best to find out up front.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:00 pm

It was a fair question. One he could only answer with a shrug, truthfully. "At this moment? As of a moment ago, I had thoughts of throwing you against one of these walls. A very human... a very... passionate... feeling." he seemed as surprised by it as anyone. "When I first saw you, I wanted nothing more than to walk the city again with you, to see the waves, and Maddy. I still enjoy the idea of waking up next to you, but that is not always sexual." words he could never had formed in English flowed in French, flowed like the seas he belonged too.

"So I don't know, Duckie. I wanted to know if you were with others, in case an urge came upon me in a more public setting." his emotions confused him more than anyone else, most likely.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:06 pm

"I've been with a few people, but...all of us are private. It's quiet, nothing public." She offered the Beast a gentle smile. "There are no public displays. No title. It has, in fact, been the very oposite of what I had before with...him."

"It's...freedom."

"I like freedom." She hoped he understood.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:09 pm

He gave her a flat look - he, who hated to have her blood bonded to him, understood. "... we have had a very strange relationship. And I do not know how much more normal we might be, if we could be. Normal... is not a word that should be used to describe me, after all." an amused smile. "Beauty and her Beast, hmmph." he enjoyed the word play, it seemed fitting to him.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:11 pm

"I still think of you as more than that."
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:17 pm

"One day, I may be able to understand how you think of me." the moment seemed to pass though, the urge to throat her, to claim her gone away on the wind. Back on the tides. He pulled off his hat, running a hand through his hair as the dogs continued on with their tale spinning, the two older ones regaling the younger.

For some reason... everything seemed funny. So he laughed.
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:19 pm

It was so rare when he laughed.

She stared at him, semi-wide eyed.
Back to top Go down
Mathew St Hubert
Methuselah
Mathew St Hubert

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:26 pm

He looked up at her, for he was sitting, and smiled. "... All I wanted was to see you again. And I have been given more than I wished for. Yet, even after facing death. After all the things I have fought, rent and destroyed... talking to you. About how I feel. After we have been bonded, been together, pleased and teased one another... I still hesitate. I still falter." his eyes were still emeralds, still brilliant jade.

"You. Frighten me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven   I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I got you something (Mat, of course) - Mat & Ren's Haven
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next