Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven Empty
PostSubject: Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven   Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:46 pm

She hadn't called ahead.  She just showed up on his lawn and walked up to the back door.

Last edited by Storyteller on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Harding
Ancilla
Benjamin Harding

PostSubject: Re: Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven   Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:31 pm

The back door opens for her and on the other side of it stands a very relaxed looking Ben, but then there is something odd too. He is wearing a t-shirt and slacks belted at the waist, and while his dressed down appearance is odd enough on its own, the roller skates on his feet are what make the scene so strange.

"I felt a disturbance in the fabric of reality and thought it might be you, so I rolled on over to get the door for you. I hope you do not mind the courtesy."

He smiled.
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven   Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:36 pm

She laughed and pounced, wrapping herself around him, testing his balance to see if he could stay upright in those roller skates.

"I always love it when me prey comes t' me."
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Harding
Ancilla
Benjamin Harding

PostSubject: Re: Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven   Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Using a sword manuever he learned ages ago, Ben locks one of his feet into a sideways position, grabs Grace's wrist as if it were the hilt of a sword and spins her around to the other side of him. The momentum from the swing is countered as Ben pulls himself around into her, putting an arm around her waist and moving the hand holding her wrist in her own.

"If you wanted to dance, I would have put on music." He smiles.
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven   Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:19 pm

She laughed as she was spun, then hooked her legs around him.

"Sorry, did nay come for fun. To th' library, please."
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Harding
Ancilla
Benjamin Harding

PostSubject: Re: Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven   Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:24 pm

"Very well," he pushed himself with an attached Grace back from the wall and then started forward toward the library holding her up easily. "What is your topic of research?" They glided smoothly across the floors of the house as he spoke.
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven   Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:35 pm

She smiled.

"Wha' could cause one's limbs t' randomly change t' those o' th' random creatures."
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Harding
Ancilla
Benjamin Harding

PostSubject: Re: Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven   Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:02 pm

"Fascinating," he says as they roll through the French doors into the library. He puts her down and heads over to his desk. Sitting himself atop of the sturdy oak structure, he goes about removing the old roller skates and sets them aside trading them out for a comfortable pair of loafers.
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven   Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:45 pm

She curls up in one of the comfortable reading chairs.

"Aye. Tis happenin' t' a clanmate."
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Harding
Ancilla
Benjamin Harding

PostSubject: Re: Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven   Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:48 pm

"I believe that we should start with disciplines unique to the Tzimisce and the recorded abilities of the Baali, and then work south from there," Ben goes over to a shelf and pulls a couple large tomes off of a high shelf. "I'm fairly certain that we are not going to find what you are looking for here, but best to completely discredit it before moving to more obscure and lengthy texts. Hopefully we are not dealing with inceptors, I have only met one, and it was an odd encounter, but there would be noting written about their manifestations."
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven   Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:52 pm

She smiled.

"Have I tol' ye I love ye lately?"
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Harding
Ancilla
Benjamin Harding

PostSubject: Re: Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven   Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 6:39 pm

"No," he said with a soft smile, one reserved for her, "but I remember them all very clearly and treasure each one, for who else can say that they have had such a wonderful relationship with their mother? Considering that I never knew my mortal mother, you make an," he pauses with a mischievous glint in his eye, "adequate enough substitute."
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven   Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 6:50 pm

She laughed and threw a pillow at him, as always.

"Ye only say tha' cause I had ye fooled for all those years."
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Harding
Ancilla
Benjamin Harding

PostSubject: Re: Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven   Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:17 pm

He chuckles quietly, hands Grace one of the thick volumes, picks up the pillow, sets it down on a nearby chair and sits down with the other large book. He flips it open to the index, grabs a pair of glasses sitting next to the chair, puts them on, and starts reading.
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven   Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:32 am

She sighed, flipped open the book he'd handed her, and began to read herself. Guess she wasn't getting out of this...yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven   Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need some research (Ben) - Ben's Haven
Page 1 of 1