Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's This? (A Wedding)

Go down 
+20
Medwyn
Griselda Johns
James McKay
Audrina Clayton
Abigail O'Reilly
Sean Black
Guinevere
Miyu
Rhiana
Jamie
Joseph McKenzie
Sephtisa
Greer Harrington
Rachel Summers
Penny P
Matieu
Victor Steele
Zach McKenzie
Oriella
Storyteller
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 1:53 pm

She didn't need to breathe, but she usually did anyway. It was a Masquerade precaution, so it was also accurate to say that she was holding her breath. This was it; do or die time, so to speak. Her hand, in Erik's, gave him a little squeeze.

She wouldn't be offended if he said no. She was there for him no matter what he answered. She was just scared.
Back to top Go down
Erik Johns
Methuselah
Erik Johns

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 2:31 pm

"I Do." he said smoothly with no hesitation and squeezing her hand back.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 5:43 pm

"Griselda, do you understand and accept this responsibility, and do you promise to do your very best each day to create a loving, healthy, and happy marriage?"
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 5:46 pm

To all those placing bets: Screw you. With love and kindness, of course.

She was actually surprised that her voice didn't waver.

"I do," was her firm answer.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Victor smiled softly when both parties completed their vows. He was actually certain the whole thing would go through. Because seriously, optimism mattered.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 6:05 pm

That was just the I do part.

"May I have the rings, please?"
the priest turned to Matieu.
Back to top Go down
Erik Johns
Methuselah
Erik Johns

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 10:50 pm

Erik took the rings from Matieu and handed them to the Priest.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 12:02 am

"Repeat after me, please. 'With this ring, I thee wed, and all my worldly goods to thee endow. In sickness and health, in poverty and wealth, 'til death to us part'."
the priest said, waiting for each of thwm to speak the vow. They were nearly finished.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 2:28 am

The ring she had chosen was rather simple, but still somehow elegant. The blue was only a shade or two darker than her own eyes, which was one of the reasons she had chosen it. She took the ring, looked up at Erik and repeated the words the priest told her to:

"With this ring, I thee wed, and all my worldly goods to thee endow. In sickness and health, in poverty and wealth, 'til death to us part"

Oh, Christ, she really had just said that, hadn't she? Ohhh, Lord. Now she started shaking. Now. She had been calm about five minutes before. She was fairly sure that this was the part where he would run away. And if he did? She wouldn't blame him. They had less than five minutes before this was done. Last chance to back out.
Back to top Go down
Erik Johns
Methuselah
Erik Johns

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 2:23 pm

'With this ring, I thee wed, and all my worldly goods to thee endow. In sickness and health, in poverty and wealth, 'til death to us part'." He replied smoothly with no fear or hesitation at all.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 7:05 pm

"Then by the power vested in me by the great state of Florida, I now pronounce you husband...and wife. You may kiss your bride." At the last, the priest was speaking to Erik directly...with a bright, cheery smile. At least the priest was pleased.
Back to top Go down
Erik Johns
Methuselah
Erik Johns

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 7:54 pm

Oh Erik didn't need to be told twice, taking her gently by the waist he kissed her far from chastely, but not vulgarly either, and made sure she Knew she was now with her partner and husband.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 8:55 pm

There was that brief flash of panic again: No! Wait! That was too fast.... And that thought was rapidly replaced by a different thought as she felt herself pulled against Erik - a familiar thing - and, oh, hey! Kisses! She was both familiar with those and as a matter of fact, she really, really liked Erik's kisses.

She returned that kiss, not vulgar by any stretch - her dad was sitting right there and there were people staring at her - oh, wait. Not a deterrent. His arms were around her waist and her arms went around his shoulders most naturally. She waited until the kiss broke before she opened her eyes and smiled. The entire world could have disappeared and she wouldn't have noticed.
Back to top Go down
Salif
Elder
Salif

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Do you have any clue how hard it is to sit still for that long? And to keep your big mouth shut for that long? DO YOU?

Thankfully, he had a sense of decorum. It was just slightly different. He rose to his feet as that kiss happened, put two fingers in his mouth and whistled - following said whistle with some enthusiastic clapping.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 9:11 pm

Victor followed Joseph's lead although he was somewhat more restrained about it and rose while clapping and contemplating the confetti poppers that he had removed from his jacket.
Back to top Go down
Joseph McKenzie
Elder
Joseph McKenzie

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 9:17 pm

Joseph had a bit of a different sound. He rose as well, clapping along with Salif, though he had to do it. He cleared his throat in that way fathers do when their daughters were spending too much time kissing a boy. That way that said 'that's enough', but he was more cute and playful about it rather than any seriousness to it.

It just needed to be done. She was still his little girl.
Back to top Go down
Erik Johns
Methuselah
Erik Johns

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 1:00 am

Erik turned his head at the sound Joseph made with a smirk, hugging Griselda, he whispered to her, then turned with her on his arm, and faced the group.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 1:21 am

She laughed softly when she heard his whisper, gave him a whisper in return with a slight smirk. Then, yes, she turned and faced the crowd, giving her father a wink.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 1:27 am

"And now, to all the friends and family who have come to celebrate this marriage, I would like to present, for the first time anywhere, Mr. & Mrs. Erik Johns." The priest looked rather pleased with himself. He was pleased with himself. He hadn't stuttered once. Or forgotten what it was that he had wanted to say.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 1:28 am

Victor smirked and handed Audrina and Miyu a long confetti cannon and popped his own off with a silly grin
Back to top Go down
Erik Johns
Methuselah
Erik Johns

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 1:33 am

Erik whispered something to Griselda, squeezed her hand then headed down the aisle with his bride, grinning like a Chesire cat from ear to ear.
Back to top Go down
Miyu
Methuselah
Miyu

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 1:41 am

Miyu took the confetti thing from Victor and just smiled. Actually, she had spent most of the ceremony in conversation with God - not that anyone would know that - but whatever had been said had her smiling brightly from more than just her happiness for the couple.

Yes, she was clapping - and even laughed a little at the look on their faces.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 1:43 am

Erik Johns wrote:
Erik whispered something to Griselda, squeezed her hand then headed down the aisle with his bride, grinning like a Chesire cat from ear to ear.

Whatever he said had her very near to laughing. It was really, really hard to pay attention to anything but Erik right now. Which made her feel like an ass because there were all these people hanging around staring at her and she felt like she needed to play hostess to them all. But attention span. She just didn't have one for anything other than Erik.

Which meant that yep, she was looking at him with her own grin as she walked down the aisle with him.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Summers
Methuselah
Rachel Summers

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 1:45 am

Rachel stepped up to take Matieu's arm, with no flinching or showing how creepy it really was - which was huge kudos to her that most there didn't know but yeah - bugs crawling on one's flesh did not make for a good time.

Big smile and Salif so owed her cause she won the bet on this time.
Back to top Go down
Sephtisa
Fledgling
Sephtisa

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 1:48 am

Happily went to take Sean's arm, she'd skip down the aisle if she could but both were so happy it showed. What more coudl she ask for?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's This? (A Wedding)   What's This? (A Wedding) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's This? (A Wedding)
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next