Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Explanations - Panther's Lair

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:22 am

Without a word, he nodded. He put a hand on his cousin's shoulder, but he didn't say anything. She would need her time, he knew.
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:26 am

Grace continued to face away from them both, shaking. But to at least Jamie's vampiric nose, the smell of blood in the air had....doubled?
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:32 am

Just as silently, even knowing how dangerous that this could be, he went over. Gently, he lay a hand against Grace's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:37 am

As his hand touched her shoulder, she turned into him, half heartedly thumping her fists into his chest. Just before her head buried itself in his shoulder, he could see the blood tears streaming down her face.

Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:50 am

She took the thumps against his chest. Then one hand went to the back of her head the other around her waist. And he pulled her to him in a very tight, comforting hug.
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:56 am

She didn't struggle, but allowed herself to be comforted for a few moments. Then she turned her head so her choked words could be heard.

"Why'd ye let me mourn for so long? Tha' wha' hurts th' most."
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
Methuselah
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:59 am

She spoke, but it was quiet.

"That was my fault. I think. He honestly didn't know either, Grace. Honest."
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 3:02 am

Grace turned to face Rebecca, then held out a hand, now without claws, to her.

"Let me hold ye? Please?"
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
Methuselah
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 3:06 am

She stepped closer to the two of them, holding out her hand.

"You're ... not gonna hit me, are you? I'm not really able to take a punch anymore."

Then she frowned.
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:28 am

She shook her head, turning further in her direction.

"I'm nay goin' t' hurt ye, lass."
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
Methuselah
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:28 pm

In that case, she stepped fully into the woman's arm. Into what was rapidly becoming a group hug.
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Grace held her firmly, but not so tight as to hurt her. Her tears began to slow, as she held her family close.
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:41 pm

His arm went around the girl too, pulling them both into a family group hug.
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 6:15 pm

Grace stood holding them until her tears ran out. Then she held them a while more.

"I'm sorry laddie. Is hard for me t' have others take care o' me. An' lass, I ken tha' ye're heart be in th' right place. Tis just hard on an ol' soul like me. Specially after so recently losin' me husband."
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
Methuselah
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:34 pm

"I know. It's just that ... well, it seemed like it was what needed to be done. I mean, for everybody."
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:10 pm

"Aye, I ken tha'. An' perhaps twas th' right course. But if I nay had th' kind o' control I do, th' secret would have been out."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 10:00 pm

He smiled and kissed the top of her head.

"I had faith in ye, Granny."
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:29 pm

She nodded, and finally loosened her grip on the two.

"Now, tell me again, startin' from th' beginning. What happened, and who knows what?"
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
Methuselah
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:10 pm

She took a deep breath. Not that she needed it.

"The last thing I remember is seeing Scion's car flying at me. It was on fire. Then I woke up in a little boat. Esteban found me, but I'm pretty sure he won't recognize me for who I am. Esteban called Jamie, Jamie called Anton."

She paused.

"Anton knows. He arranged to have me Embraced again. As a Gangrel. But, I'm pretty sure he's not going to say anything."
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:01 pm

Grace nodded. She stepped away, and tore strips from her skirt to bind her hands with. She looked at Jamie as she did the binding.

"And what are we going to tell our dear Harpy?"
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:52 am

He smiled.

"Likely, tha' th' mortal was some sort o' Sabbat trick. Griselda McKenzie, after all, is dead."
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:17 pm

She chuckled.

"Aye. That she is."

She turned back to Rebecca.

"So what's the story we're telling 'bout th' history o' Rebecca Frasier?"
Back to top Go down
Rebecca
Methuselah
Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 5:00 am

She looked between Grace and Jamie.

"Um. I was born here, in Boston. I was sent off to find my own way after the Embrace. Fairly young, though, no status to speak of. That's really about as far as I got with it. I figured that it would be easier to stick to some truth, since the first place in America that I came to was Boston."
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:00 pm

Grace nodded.

"Aye, best t' stick t' some truth. Easier t' remember tha' way. An' bein' recently released give me reason t' spend time wi' ye, as I already be known for takin' in strays."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:19 pm

His eyes rested on his cousin with another nod.

"It's a bit more'n tha', Grace. She need t' ken how t' be a Gangrel. She spent way too much time as a Tremere. I'm lettin' her ruse go because o' th' time spent as a Tremere. But th' lass has nay been Embraced as a Gangrel for a full two weeks yet."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explanations - Panther's Lair   Explanations - Panther's Lair - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Explanations - Panther's Lair
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next