Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Babysitting - Panther's Lair

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

Babysitting - Panther's Lair Empty
PostSubject: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:56 pm

Grace had gotten the toy chest ready, the dollhouse set up in the corner, an entire set of Disney films, and an entire bookshelf of kids books.

Now she waited, gleefully, for Jamie to drop the kid off for a few hours of alone time.  This was going to be fun.

Last edited by Storyteller on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:58 pm

The doorbell rang, right on time. Then it rang again. And again.

Clearly, Jamie was letting Rhiana ring the doorbell by herself.
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Grace chuckled and opened the door, arms already out to catch the little mischievous munchkin.

"We seem t' be excited t' be spendin' time wi' Granny."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:04 pm

She giggled and jumped into Grace's arms, already turning around to wave to Jamie. Clearly, she was ready to be babysat.

"Aye. She's talked about nothing but for th' last day or two."
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:06 pm

Grace chuckled and stepped forward to kiss Jamie's cheek.

"Well, I've been excited as well. Ye have fun, an' I'll do me best to work her through the sugar rush."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:09 pm

He tilted his head and looked at Rhiana.

"All right, lass. Give Da' a kiss." He leaned over to kiss the child on the top of the head, then kiss Grace on the cheek.

"I should nay be gone too long. An' nay givin' her too many sweets, aye?"

He grinned, then waved at them both as he headed toward his car. He paused mid-step.

"Will ye be needin' a car seat?"
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:11 pm

Grace laughed.

"Boyo, ye ken tha' I have yet t' sit in th' driver's seat o' those infernal machines. We'll be staying here."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:15 pm

He laughed and nodded.

"Aye. Verra well. Have fun without me. But nay too much fun, aye?"

He winked and slid into the driver's seat, as the little girl's pudgy arms went around Grace's neck.

"Daddy's silly." She whispered conspiratorially to Grace ... which was more like she spoke in a normal tone of voice. But she tried.
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Grace waved to Jamie and closed the door, chuckling.

"Aye, lassie. Ye're father be a silly man. Now, how 'bout we have some cookies, then I can show ye all th' new toys I got ye."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:45 pm

She giggled again and hugged Grace.

"Okay! But ... you know ... you don't have to buy me stuff. Daddy does it all the time, too."
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Grace chuckled again as she carted the child into the kitchen, where a bag of chocolate chip cookies waited.

"Rhiana love, if ye are goin' t' be stayin' at me house more often, ye need toys. An' tis a Granny's job t' make sure ye have 'em. Tis also a pleasure t' see ye happy."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:32 pm

She laughed, but for a moment, her face had grown very serious.

"I know. I also know it makes Daddy happy if I'm four. And you." Her face was a bit eerie, her voice had grown deep with age beyond her years as she spoke. Her eyes, too, but she seemed to smile pleasantly enough.

"You don't have to do all this."
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Grace nodded as she set the girl down on a tall chair placed at the kitchen island, near the bag of cookies.

"I ken tha', Rhiana. Ye are older than ye look, an' have seen much. If ye wish t' nay be treated as a four year old when we be alone, then so be it. But allow a Granny t' dote upon her grandson an' create th' illusion more completely for him?"
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:41 pm

The child laughed, nodding slowly.

"Of course. I don't mind, you know. Growing up now, in this age, is better than when I was born. And he gets to play Daddy, and I get to grow up and know what it's like to have a Daddy. You just don't have to go out and buy me things. That's all."
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:48 pm

Grace chuckled, leaning against the island.

"Aye, but it gives Medwyn such pleasure t' be me co-conspirator in buying everythin'. An' for wha' it be worth, I d' enjoy givin' ye th' childhood tha' was ripped from ye."

Grace chuckled again.

"Besides, wha' else am I goin' t' spend money on? Ye're father barely allows me t' spend me own money."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:53 pm

She laughed and reached for the cookies.

"I understand. It's fun to be four."
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:59 pm

Grace laughed.

"Aye, tha' tis. An' I think ye'll have fun in a year or so, when I begin ye're warrior's training."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:01 pm

She laughed again.

"Daddy says I have to go to schoooool."

And she was back to four. Completely.
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Grace chuckled and opened the bag of cookies.

"School will be good for ye. Ye'll make friends. Just try t' remember tha' ye're smarter than all o' 'em."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:06 pm

She giggled.

"Daddy says ... he says ... Kara has to be my teacher. That I can't go to real schoooool."

She pouted. Quite cute, actually.
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Grace leaned her elbows on the table and held out a cookie to the girl.

"Aye, tha' be disappointin'. Ye wan' me t' talk t' him? Ye should have friends ye're own age."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:17 pm

She took the cookie with pudgy fingers ...

"Thank you, Granny."

Then she wrinkled her nose.

"Nah. Daddy says it's for the best. For everybody."
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:25 pm

She chuckled and nodded.

"Aye. Ye've had a strange life up 'til now, and children will pick up on tha' better than adults will."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:13 pm

She giggled.

"Might be fun. Kara's nice."
Back to top Go down
Lady Grace Dunn
Methuselah
Lady Grace Dunn

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:15 pm

She giggled too.

"Aye. An ye're warrior training will be well able t' fit in with wha'ever schedule she plans for ye."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Babysitting - Panther's Lair   Babysitting - Panther's Lair I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Babysitting - Panther's Lair
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crimson Masque :: Retired Scenes-
Jump to: