Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 11:31 am

"Ah, well that I can't help other than be the alpha. The ladies always want the alpha. It's instinct." She straight up giggled.
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 11:34 am

"Yeah, maybe" he smile at her. "I just want a chance to see if there's a chance of a 'we' with her. I don't know her all that well yet, but I know her well enough to know she's a good person. And that I'd like to get to know her better. And heh, I rather regret taking a chance than not taking one"
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 11:40 am

"For sure! THat is a good attitude to have about life! What's the point in living if you don't go out and live right? Taking risks and being in danger of getting hurt is all about living and loving life. If you die then you died living and that's the best thing you can do."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 11:42 am

Jack nodded slowly.
"We'll see either way. I just hope she'll be okay. That the people she has to deal with aren't giving her too hard a time"
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 11:45 am

"I'll try to see about that too, but I got no power over it. I can try to intimidate em, but I don' want them killing her because she's too much trouble either. I'll be careful."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 11:53 am

He was thoughtful for a moment, falling silent as he considered something.
"Make me a deal?" he asked after a little while. "I was never meant to live all that long. So this? This is all just really a bonus once I make it past thirty, and that's assuming I'd make it past thirty at all. If it comes down to it, if things turn ugly, and I mean real ugly, where my existence endangers hers..." he looked at Eve and actually smiled again. "You'll let me die" he said. "Preferably fast heh..."
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 11:58 am

"Eh, there be none of that. If I feel it is better to kill ya than pet ya live, I'll do the deed. It is easy enough for me. But don' give up so easy. You don' know if the bitch is worth dying for yet."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:04 pm

"It's not about giving up" he shook his head. "It's about seeing worth in someone else" of that he was convinced. "I've been stabbed, and beaten and shot actually a couple of times, because I felt it right to stand up for someone else. Because they needed someone who could take a hit, someone who was stronger than them. So no, it's not about about giving up, I reckon it would take a lot to even get to that kind of stage, even with a situation as tense as this might turn out to be. It's about what I believe in. And yeah, I much rather live, but I don't want my life at the cost of someone else's" not like that.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:19 pm

Eve nodded, "Alright, I can respect that. You got my promise then. BUt I'm going to make you tough so you can do all that shit without dying. That is the deal." She winked.
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:26 pm

He held out his hand, apparently satisfied with that.
"Deal" Jack nodded. Not as if he was going to complain about getting tougher so he wouldn't have to worry about getting hurt if he stepped into a fight.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:36 pm

She reached out and very gingerly shook it, careful not to cratch him with her claws.

"So good. You got till the end of the month before we start."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:38 pm

Jack drew his breath.
"End of the month, right" he nodded once. "So... uh, when does the monkey move in? And... don't take this the wrong way, but if I'm making you a place to crash, do you prefer a bed, or...?" a basket... like a fox.... might... Not he didn't say that last part out loud because he was worried she might get offended.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:42 pm

"End of the month when you decide if you drink from me again, monkey moves in and training starts. I sleep in stone or earth or whatever. I'm not picky."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:45 pm

"Stone or earth... so... not a bed then" oookay. "Then again I guess if I got a big enough stone and tucked it into a corner, it's not as if anyone would ever suspect it to be someone's sleeping place" he sure as Hell wouldn't have guessed at least.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:48 pm

"Not likely no, and even if they do, beating on a stone hard enough to unmerge me would be really hard." She laughed.
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:53 pm

"Okay, I'll.... get a piece of rock" he nodded, unable to keep from laughing a bit awkwardly at the whole situation as he rubbed his neck. "For my own sanity's sake though I'm gonna get you a mattress and some covers in the rare case that you decide you rather sleep like a human" Jack added with a smile. "The crocs might be a bit of an issue though, but I reckon they can like, hide in a swamp or pool or something if you ever end up staying over here?"
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:05 pm

"I found them a place. They are fine. Rock would be good. Big enough for me to fit in!" She showedf the size in the air. It wasn't too big actually. Eve curled up in a ball wasn't that big all told.
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:13 pm

His friends were going to think him insane dragging a huge lump of rock into the apartment. Hm, maybe he could find one and pass it off as "art" or something. Hah! Yeah right as if anyone would buy that. Ah fuck it, he would go with something simple like "I like it" that at least was far more believable.

"I'll see what I can do" after all, it was for emergencies and stuff. The least he could do was make sure she had a safe place to sleep if that happened.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:25 pm

"Good! Ok, I go out and hunt now and then go talk to Abigial and get her to call this Oriella person for me." Eve hopped up and opened the window in properation to fly out.
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:25 pm

"Alright, I ought to get my ass over to work anyways" he waved at her. "See you around then"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3