Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic Empty
PostSubject: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:13 am

There was a loud knock on Jack's door shortly after sunset.

Last edited by Storyteller on Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 3:07 am

He'd half expected her to come by which was why he was quick to answer, and even did so with a smile at her.
"Hey, c'mon in" after all, he did like her.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:46 pm

She came in and as soon as the door closed, she relaxed her obfuscate.

"Hey, so fuck us, she's someone's ghoul. You need to know the issues with that... is it Chase or this Oriella bitch?"
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:48 pm

His shoulders sagged a little, but the smile remained as he motioned to the sofa, inviting her to have a seat.
"I think it's Oriella, at least that's the name she brought up when she said she needed to talk to someone" he said with a quiet sigh while he himself moved over to the fridge to grab a beer. Since Eve said she didn't eat human food, he didn't offer her one though.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:51 pm

She flopped down on the couch.

"Ok... Oriella is a Tremere fuck, Primogen even, their like leader person. And Chase is a brujah. Why the fuck would he ghoul her and then give her away to some bitch from some other clan... I need to talk to her domitor, since obviously they are possessive control freaks and I don't want them fucking with you over this and therefor me."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:57 pm

"I'm sorry" he sort of smiled as he sat down on the couch next to her, holding the bottle in his hands though he wasn't drinking. "For causing trouble" Jack frowned slightly. "I have to admit.. I don't like the sound of someone giving her away, as if she was a piece of property" it actually rubbed him the wrong way in so many ways. "She's a human being"
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:03 pm

"Ya well, they don' give shit about that. Obviously she wasn't ghouled cause they wanted to embrace her. So far as they are concerned she's just a bunch of skills with some meat and skin wrapped around them." Eve growled.

"This ain't your fault at all. I jus' need to figure out how to make this happen. If it's Oriella I need to talk to, then... whatever. I'll talk to the woogie fuck. If it's Chase, I'll beat his ass up and make him give her to me."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:06 pm

He remained quiet for a little while.
"And if that's not what she wants? I don't want her forced into anything. Hell... I don't even know what it is we have... I just know I really like her..." and that she made him smile. "I don't want her to get hurt in all of this"
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:11 pm

"I warned her and she's already fucking hurt and it's going to keep fucking happening... and you have two whole months to decide before it'll get really hard for you to say no. You can leave me any time you want. Even years from now you can change your mind, I won't stop ya." Eve waved her hand. "I believe in fucking freedom and I don't believe in ghouling someone you wouldn't consider embracing."

"This shit pisses me off. But fine, it's up to Abigial. She needs to toughen the fuck up. I can't really imagine what it's like for the both of you cause I don't really have good memories of back then, but she's gotta roll with the punches better or she isn't going to last."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:18 pm

"She just recently lost her dad... She's in a really shit place emotionally speaking and this... -this-!" the bottle exploded into little shard as it connected with the wall some distance away. Jack obviously needing a few moments to clam himself down as he took a few calming breathes and forced himself to lower his his shoulders and let go of the tension.
Someone had a temper, but he didn't much like letting it get the better of him.

"Fuck... She doesn't fucking deserve this" he leaned back into the sofa, leaning his head back as he covered his face with his hands.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:27 pm

She did not flinch from the display of anger. His instinct was strong and this was a good thing in her eyes.

"No. She don't. This is supposed to be a gift. A blessing. You sounded like a guy who's life would be better if you had more time and more strength. You sounded like a guy who would take this gift I wanna give ya and go crazy with it. That is a good reason to offer your blood to someone. This is the right way."

"She's sad. She's not in a good place in her head for this. A good cainite would wait for her to get better and heal. And even then, she's got family, friends, a business. These things tie someone down and you are ripping them out of that by shoving blood down their throat."

"But I think you can be her strength. Hers and yours. I think it could be good for both of you. You lift her up and by lifting her up, you lift yourself up too."

"Make her see that this isn't the end of the world. It's the beginning of it."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:34 pm

"I was going to turn you down, you know?" he smiled wanly as he let his hands slip away from his face so he could look at her. "That night you met me in the alley outside of O'Reilly's, I'd kind of decided, I rather have what time with her I could than have to give it up in exchange for you gift" because he could see it as that, after all, his heart didn't ache anymore.
"But she's already caught up in this and now I don't know what to do. If I up and chose to forget, then... then maybe her people would pick me up and to be quite honest, I don't like the thought of that. Not one damn bit..." he shook his head.
"I can keep remembering, be your.. ghoul, which by the way, is a God awful word. But I don't know where it would leave me and her"
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:42 pm

"I'd let you keep your memories. I don' think you're going to go blab to people. If you did, I'd kill ya myself, but like I said, not an issue. But ya, they would likely take you too. You can't fight em. They have mind fuck powers and shit."

"Eh, ya ghoul is icky, but... well ok, so ghouls are like addicts, k? You really need to understand this if you are gunna make a good decision. Ghouls are addicted to vampire blood. At first for the strength and then for the powers you can learn and then it's to keep you alive after you've lived long enough. You live for a hundred years on blood, if it gets taken away you'll grow old and die really fast. It's not pretty and it's a painful process."

"Lots of vampires look down on ghouls cause they are addicted to them. Like love them and need them and shit. They are completely dependent on their vampire. So vampires are all 'eh, you're gross and needy.' But cainites forget that we are like that for all of humanity. We need them. Making a ghoul is just giving a human the same needs you have for them."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:52 pm

"Kinda makes sense... both from a biological point of view and a sociological one" didn't make it anymore nice or acceptable for that matter. But, it sort of made sense to him. If something kept you alive and strengthened you, then addiction was understandable.
As for the distaste for someone who needed that when you were most likely the reason they needed it in the first place? Well, people had a tendency towards double moral, he couldn't picture vampires being any different. After all, they'd been human at one point too, right? They just now got to live forever and cultivate whatever ideas they had through eternity.

"For what it's worth... and I dunno if it would make a difference... I don't wanna go with them" he frowned. "Not if that is their view, not when heh... I know of a strange little girl who can kick my ass and who's probably a few dozen times my age, who actually sounds like she wants me to be me and don't want a pet but a friend" or was he completely off?
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:17 pm

Eve grinned, "I do want you for you. I want someone who I could embrace someday, but I'm not all bunnies and flowers either. Being a gangrel ghoul means you gotta be tougher than the other ghouls. My blood is built for abuse, so you'll have all the tools you need, you just gotta reach out and take em. "

"This is no frilly life of a toreador sex slave or a tremere bitch. I expect you to be able to scale a mountain or wrestle a wolf. I also expect you to be independent. Think for yourself. Fight me when you think I'm wrong and stand up for your dreams. I'm not gunna tell you what to do all the time and I might up and disappear for weeks at time."

"If you think you can do this, then I want you for my ghoul. You got a kind heart, a keen instinct, a certain presence brujah would admire, and I think you'll prove that you can be tough enough for this life."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 5:43 am

"I've never wrestled a wolf" he laughed, because that was just too random for him. "But I've been shot, and bitten a couple of times. Does that count?" Jack said with a smile as he rubbed his forehead, still a bit lost but, perhaps not as lost as Abigail.
Damn.

"Heh... this is still so... unreal..." it was. It was unreal to suddenly find that the things that went bump in the night truly were real. After all, in his experience so far, the real monsters had humans. Now though? Now they might be something else entirely. "You won't up and, err, I guess Embrace means making me a vampire? Out of the blue, right?" just making sure.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:55 am

"Nah, not for a long time. You gotta live a whole human lifetime first, then maybe then. Unless you die on me first."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 2:22 pm

God she was weird. Blunt and weird. But, seemingly honest at least.
"Hey, you're the one who said I might actually get to live a while now" Jack shrugged lightly.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 2:44 pm

"Forever and ever if you play your cards right... how old do you think I am?" She had a peevish look.
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 2:45 pm

"I... have no clue. To be honest I think no matter how old you tell me you are, I'll have a hard time thinking of you as anything other than a teenager heh.." he answered honestly with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 2:49 pm

"Well I was just a girl when my sire snatched me and threw me in the middle of the mountains with nothing. I survived a year. Then he ghouled me and left me again to see how I'd do and that was for 5 years. Then I was embraced and I had to earn my way into the pack, that took 10 years."

"I'm over a thousand years old."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 2:50 pm

Blink blink.
That was all.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 2:52 pm

"You keep that shit to yourself, k? I don' need people hassling me when they find out how old I am and trying to eat me or shit." She pointed at him.
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 2:54 pm

"Eat... you...?"
He blinked again.
"Eh, you might want to explain that statement a bit more"
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 2:59 pm

"Ok, when a cainite is made they are weaker than their sire. The blood dilutes. Why? Who knows, but it does. So each child that is made is weaker than the last."

"So that sucks right? You'll never be as strong as your sire, except you can. Cainites can drain all the blood from another and take their soul into them and then they will be stronger. So they can steal their sire's strength. Or anyone with stronger blood."

"I'm old, so the odds are my blood is very powerful, which in my case is true."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic   Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here's the Deal (Jack) - Jack's Attic
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crimson Masque :: Retired Scenes-
Jump to: