Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie Empty
PostSubject: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:15 pm

He sat in the living room, for once completely alone.

That was an odd thing to see.

Last edited by Storyteller on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:28 pm

White's limo pulled up, dropped him off alone, and then drove off. He knocked on the door.
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:30 pm

The door was answered by the Prince himself.

He opened the door with a tired smile, and gestured for the Setite to come inside.

"Mr. White. Thank ye for comin t' see me this evenin'."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:32 pm

White's eyebrows rose when the Prince opened the door. But he simply nodded and entered.
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:34 pm

It was silent within the house. Clearly, Jamie had not brought anyone along with him for this trip.

He smiled as he offered the man a chair in the living room. Some big, plush, comfortable-looking affair as he sat down in the chair across from it.

For a moment, he was silent.

"Set yourself at ease, lad. I've no brought ye here t' harm ye, physically or politically."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:37 pm

He nodded simply. "Of course highness."

Nevertheless - no smile.
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:40 pm

He was silent for a few more moments, then he sighed.

"Here is th' deal, lad. I'm seein' my city grow. As it grows, I see more an' more tha' I need t' fill positions tha' weren't important before. But they're comin' important, an' wi' th' deaths of two o' my Primogen, more an' more, I need someone t' keep an eye on them. Sadly, my Sheriff is kept quite busy."

He stared at the Setite for a long time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:43 pm

He nodded somberly, his eyes watching the Prince carefully. "I had not heard this, Highness. May I ask who has fallen?"
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:46 pm

Propping his elbows on his knees, the Prince rested his head on his folded hands.

"Primogen Ash of the Nosferatu and Primogen Griselda McKenzie of th' Tremere have fallen."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:51 pm

That broke his composure. He blinked hard, gripping the chair. "What." was all he could offer.
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:53 pm

He nodded, and the reasons for his weariness were clear. He was taking this very, very hard.

"Aye. Sabbat attack on th' beach."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:55 pm

He fell back against the chair, speechless.
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:04 pm

He was silent for another few moments.

"Aye," he finally said, almost in a whisper. "So ye see, I have a vested interest in ensurin' tha' th' ones still left alive stay tha' way."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:29 pm

He is not looking at the Prince directly any longer. "What do you ask of me?" his voice is just above a whisper.
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:36 pm

He was silent for a moment.

"What I'm about t' say does no leave this room. People will figure it out eventually, an' there's no way t' keep 'em from talkin'. But, I'll keep it as quiet as I can as long as I can."

He paused, then sighed, and rubbed his hands together.

"Th' attack was after Miss McKenzie personally. I've my ideas on th' who an' why, but I canna be certain. I would be remiss if I did no at least remember tha' it may no be as obvious as I think it is. So, I have t' start thinkin' o' fillin' one of th' more unsavory positions. I need someone wi' instincts, talents. I need someone who can keep me abreast o' what's goin' on in my city."

He tilted his head and watched the Setite.

"D' ye ken wha' I'm talkin' about, lad?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:39 pm

He still did not look at him directly. "It would appear there are many in your court who take issue with my clan."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:42 pm

He made a soft clucking noise with his tongue.

"They would take more issue wi' ye bein' a member o' my Court an' no claimin' th' Camarilla."

He paused, then studied the other man for a bit longer.

"But then, they can only object if they know about it, no?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:47 pm

"True." he said calmly.

"Why me?"
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:51 pm

He shrugged his shoulders.

"I think ye would make an excellent Spymaster. T' get into th' cliches, your clan is well-known for bein' sneaky. An' bein' tha' half of th' city is predisposed t' ignore ye, I think ye are in a perfect position t' find out if someone in my city has ties t' th' Sabbat, or has hidden issues against myself, my wife, my city, th' Camarilla in general, th' Tremere or Griselda McKenzie."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:58 pm

He nodded slowly. "I should know of who you consider part of your extended family."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 11:01 pm

He nodded.

"My family consists o' Clan Brujah, me wife, th' Gangrel Grace Dunn, an' my ghouls. Other than tha', I guess I consider Ethan family as well."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:17 am

He nodded, then considered for a while.

"You cannot be expected to trust me."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:50 am

He shrugged again.

"All th' more reason t' make ye th' Master o' Spies for me. An' know ye know why th' sheer privacy, why we meet alone. An' for th' record. Nay, I dinna trust ye. I do trust ye t' do your job. They're verra different."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:58 am

He was looking at the Prince now, appraisingly. "You believe someone in this Domain played a part in Griselda's death."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:06 am

He shook his head.

"No. I have my suspicions about her death, an' they dinna include anyone here. But I'm no a fool, so I would be a fool if I did no consider th' possibility. My conviction is tha' somehow, Joseph Mayek did something, set up something t' make sure tha' if he died, she went wi' him. Tha' is what I think. But I would be a fool t' no consider th' possibility tha' someone in this city has ties wi' th' Sabbat t' set it up, as well. While I dinna actually believe there are, as I said, I'm no fool. An' we are surrounded by Sabbat on all sides."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie   Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snakes belong in the grass -- Mr. White/Jamie
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next