Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad Empty
PostSubject: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:01 pm

Shauna hair was soaked and she had swimming gear on... like real in deep water swimming gear.  She was also whistling a happy tune as she headed to the shower.

Last edited by Storyteller on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:06 pm

Jim looked up as his lady entered the house and went waltzing by in her Law-man Dive Gear.

Dive Gear.... what?

Getting up from the couch were he had been reading the latest Navy Times paper, he called out. "Whats up with the gear?" He said as he rounded the corner after her. "Official practice work... or do I wanna know sorta work?"
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:10 pm

Shauna put the salty gear into the shower and turned it on. "Personal but they think practice in shallow water...right shallow." She shook her head. "Let's say it started shallow."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Leaning against the door frame to the bathroom, Jim folded his arms. "Good... if it was Work Related, I was gonna be bummed I didn't get a call to work it and help, being registered with the State for night dives... and Started shallow?" He said. "Sounds like its sea-story time.... what happened?"
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:19 pm

"Well I was outside Domain looking into the Strange Tower's waters and found something really...um... cool. A very smart critter I'm calling Guppie. Luckily with a bit of Animalism I got it to understand me. We went for a swim on the second go out with bigger fish as a snack." She was wringing out the gear nicely as she spoke. "Ummm. I don't know if its a he or a she exactly yet but it's really sweet in that... weird and different sort of way."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:25 pm

A lifted eyebrow. " 'Guppie'?" He said. "What did you make friends with, a shark? Or an Orca?"
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:27 pm

"Um no...it eats sharks." She said as she turned the gear and began on the other side. Jim could see her shoulders shaking as she tired not to laugh since she was answering him honestly.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:32 pm

"Eats sharks..." Jim said. "Only thing I know that does is the Orca. Cool beasts."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:51 pm

"Wrong coast and..wrong critter. This one is bigger hence Guppie." And she couldn't help but laugh.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:05 pm

A look of inquisitiveness. "What is it then? Not a whale or a dolphin on steroids... so I have no clue unless you found a squid or something."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:17 pm

"Well it's got a lot of tentacles but its not your average squid with the big fan head. It's much much bigger than even the Giant Squid too. But its sweet and it understands a bit of English too. I promised I'd try to learn Telepathy and get someone to help me with the Animalism steps so we could actually talk easier. I thought maybe you'd like to help with the Telepathy part." She sounded hopeful and really happy with this find.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:33 pm

Jim blinked. "Bigger than the giant squid with tentacles...." Jim repeated then blinked again. "You met... a... Kraken?"

A pause. "Please tell me you are kidding right?"
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:20 pm

"So you'll help with the telepathy right?" She asked as she raised up the gear as if to say...I wouldn't wear this for walking along the shoreline with the dog...
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:27 pm

Blink. "you aren't kidding.... holy shit...."

blink.

"Sure... Sure I'll help you," Jim said, recovering mostly smoothly. "Be silly not to, considering how useful it will be to help keep you from becoming Guppie's snack, at the very least...."

Oi.
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Shauna smiled. "Great. Now I'll need to talk to my teacher about more Animalism... of course telling her why might get her excited. Honestly I don't know."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:33 pm

"Depends on who your teacher is..." Jim said. "If its Raz, yeah.... She'd likely wanna meet your Guppy..."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:43 pm

"No. Lady Dunn. She's the one who got the babies." She referring to the cats which all slept with her in her bed right now.
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:52 pm

"Never really met her though I've seen her once or twice..." Jim replied. "If they are from her then she has good taste in animals- though I prefer ones like Cinder... Hopefully she don't have kittens, pardon the pun, when you tell her why you need to learn animal speech."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:07 pm

"Its more the calling the listening and understanding. I have the beginnings or we wouldn't be able to communicate at all. I think I need to find a way to pick up well...the bigger picture in this case."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 6:14 am

"The bigger picture... you're funny," Jim replied, a half-smirk on his face. "Shauna... once you figure out animal speech, that's a chunk of the battle right there. Most creatures aren't really high up on the intellect scale. Exceptions are apes, dolphins and the occasional parrot. This beastie... is not something I'd expect to have intellect. Where did you ever find him?"

A pause. "And don't say the water.... thats an obvious."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 7:35 am

"In the Ocean, outside Domain, near the odd Monadnock. It was swimming about and hanging out eating fish and well...I fed it and even though the fish were tiny compared it was gentle with its tentacles. I think it's the first Tentacled thing I have ever met that I could get sweet on."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 7:40 am

The Seal blinked. Again.

"Dear god.... How did I find a Ventrue with the same taste in Critters as that Nossie?" Jim intoned as he looked heaven-ward. Bringing his gaze back down, he looked at Shauna. "Tentacle-laden creatures are not usually something to be sweet on unless you have gone Setite on me and are loving Cthulu; I have a puppet for that if its what you are needing... No dark gods in this house in any other form please..."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Shauna laughed. "It's a living thing Jim not a God-in-waiting."
Back to top Go down
Jim
Methuselah
Jim

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Good... cause if was a Cthulu-fetish, we'd be having a talk with some friends of mine who perform Exorcisms..." Jim replied. "As you would have obviously have been replaced with someone else... "

He came off the door jamb and walked back towards the garage. "If you are looking to go back anytime soon, let me at least give you a good chrono and depth-gauge. I have a spare with my old issue gear. I'm betting Guppie likes it friggin' deep."
Back to top Go down
Shauna McCade
Methuselah
Shauna McCade

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 2:13 pm

She nodded. "Miles or so it seemed."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad   So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Have a new friend... (Jim) - Frogman's Lilypad
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next