Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:31 pm

"And Cain killed his brother..."

She paced and needed something to do... She left the bedroom and began unloading and reloading the dishwasher. Then she cleaned the counters-- in a matter of just a few minutes. Other household activities followed, all the while she kept talking.

"No, I know my life is not in danger. Right now, you see me as a benefit to you. I get that. And I am glad you do, so don't misunderstand me. But if you are all truly the terrifying creatures of the night-- the boogie men of mankind-- what happens if you all just... snap? Or with the advancement of technology no longer find a need for us? You run the blood banks, too? What about synthesized plasma-- can that sustain you? I'm sorry, I just don't see a good ending to any of this. Something always goes wrong."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:39 pm

"I don't have an answer for any of that love. I can tell you by and large vampires are very conservative creatures. I doubt most would embrace a 'True Blood' route. We've had millenia to snap, and we haven't. "

He sighed "I may have to find someone more knowledgeable about some things than me to answer your questions."
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:41 pm

"And do you trust others enough to do that?"

She threw a dish cloth onto the counter.

"Or will the others eat me and you in a heart beat with no remorse or pause for thought?"
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:47 pm

"I trust Ren to teach you the violin. She is a vampire, the same family as Charlie. Our society doesn't allow for the casual destruction of another's servant. The penalties can be quite expensive and difficult to pay off depending on the circumstances. You are protected within our society for simply being a servant."
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:50 pm

She gave a groan... Charlie's family? She was screwed.

"That makes me feel so much better. The guy I seriously considered hurting. Fantastic."

She ran her fingers through her hair.

"Still haven't apologized to him. And he's in his rights to be livid enough to... well... I don't know."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:55 pm

"I told him you were sorry. Truly he didn't think much of the whole thing. He said there was no need for you to apologize. As for Ren, her job is to protect folks living here, including you. Her boss is taking me on as a student for something... interesting. I doubt you have anything to fear from Ren."
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:57 pm

"Who said I was in fear?" She stared almost coldly at him before turning to hang the dish towel to dry.

"No point in fearing that which I can't control. So why waste the precious energy."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:01 am

"I'm sorry love. The point is you have no reason to feel anything towards the Brujah clan, except maybe a bit of niceness towards Ren."
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:04 am

"I know how to play nice, Marvin."

She shrugged, turning the dishwasher on.

"Frankly I don't feel much. It's a symptom of my parasitic condition."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:06 am

"Actually it very well could be love. The blood of a Malkavian in your body is assured to bring at least one derangement, possibly others. I suspect you are discovering at least one new mental illness right now, and detachment very well could be it."
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:08 am

Her mind fought her heart. Hard. (Willpower expenditure)

She stared at Marvin, clicking her jaw and then reached up to unsnap the collar around her neck and threw it at him.

Her attempt to walk away and into the 'safety' of her office could easily be stopped if he wanted. But she frankly didn't give a damn at the moment.

"There... detachment complete."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:11 am

Marvin just smiled and made no effort to stop her.
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:13 am

SLAM! went the door.

WRECK! went the room.

BREAK! went the window.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:14 am

Marvin made a tsking sound and went to grab a couple of items before entering the room.

"Now that is unacceptable behavior Naomi. I do not appreciate broken windows or smashed furniture. I'm afraid I'm going to have to punish you."
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:18 am

"Go ahead," she gritted her teeth. When he entered the room, she seemed to be assessing the broken glass.

"If I'm detached, it truly won't matter."

She saw what he had in his hands and took two steps back, but kept her tone.

"Will it?"
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:19 am

He sudden grabbed her throat and picked her off the ground.

"I don't really know, do you Naomi?"

She was lifted up off the ground and slowly choking
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:23 am

She gave a squeal that was choked and she gasped for air as she claws with her fingers at his hand.

"Doesn't... matter..."

She began to kick.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:25 am

Still holding her off the ground, he carried her out of the room, and closed the door behind him, before casting her onto the couch like a pillow.

"You know what I'm going to have to do now don't you love? I really wish you hadn't pushed me that far, and so soon."
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:29 am

She gasped for air, taking in as much oxygen into her burning lungs as she could and began to cough.

"You're just... proving... what a mon... ster... you are..."

Cough, sputter.

"You hold all... the cards."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:33 am

"So if I show mercy... again; then I'm not a monster, and then what? And if I do prove what a monster I am, what then? You are right, I hold all the cards."

"Very well..." he walked over and fastened a set of ankle restraints around her legs, and then none to gently flipped her over, and after forcing her hands behind her back, handcuffed them.

Lastly, he took off one of his socks, and used it to gag her.

"Now love, if you want to make amends, you need to do so before sunrise, otherwise you'll be like this all night and all day. Come find me when you are ready to relax."

With that, he walked into the room she trashed, and leaving the door open started to clean it up and reorganize it.
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:40 am

Naomi lay there silently, still trying to catch her breath-- the sock didn't help-- for a few more moments.

And then the guilt kicked in. And then the pain.

With some effort, she managed to roll off of the couch, landing on her hands which were behind her back. The cry was muffled, the tears flowed-- which promptly made breathing even more difficult. But he wished her this way, so this way she would remain.

The crawling was very difficult without the full use of her legs and no use of her arms. When she finally did make it to the door of the office, she stopped and laid with her head on the floor for a moment to rest.

Then back into the fray she went, dragging herself as close to Marvin as possible and attempting to lay her head on his foot.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:41 am

And of course he was busy cleaning up her mess. It was a good twenty minutes before he could devote attention to the ghoul.

"You are sorry now I see?" he said lifting her face up a bit with his foot.
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:43 am

She could only nod as she tried to adjust herself to look at him in the face. It was difficult and painful, but she made no noise otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:45 am

he smiled, but said nothing. Instead, Marvin bent over and picked her up. One hand holding her cuffed wrists, and the other her ankles. In this fashion she was carried into the bathroom and deposited face down into the tub.

Swiftly he redid her bindings so that her legs and arms were fastened together; essentially hog tying her.

Then he turned on the water for the tub. It flowed slowly, but it flowed, filling the tub, and going over Naomi's head in about fifteen minutes.

Without saying a word, Marvin walked out.
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:50 am

He wouldn't leave me here like this, would he?

A few minutes pass...

No... really... he's coming back, he has to come back!

The water began to rise over her face.

Oh my God, oh my God!

She struggled to try to keep her head above water, she even attempted to turn herself, but it just wasn't possible.

As the water began to rise up over her her head, she began thrashing and attempting to scream.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next