Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven Empty
PostSubject: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 10:57 pm

Marvin came out of his study sometime around midnight to see how Naomi was doing

Last edited by Storyteller on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Naomi sat in the living room, curled up on the couch with a book in her chest, looking like she was nodding off, but not completely so. Her laptop was open near her, the screen saver going.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:04 pm

He smiled at the sleepy ghoul and gently sat next to her.

"Long night love?"
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:06 pm

"Hmm?"

Naomi gave a slight sigh as her eyes slowly opened up and she stretched.

"Yeah, maybe. All the extra caffeine at night's been messing with my sleep. But it's not a problem. Body is still adjusting."

She sighed again and leaned her head on a hand lazily, opening her eyes wide as if trying to wake herself up.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:09 pm

He squeezed her gently "I'm sorry love, it will take a bit of adjusting. Listen, lay off the caffeine for a while until your sleep schedule adjusts. And you don't have to be up with me all night either you know. Be up a couple hours with me when I wake up, and again before I go to bed. If I need you for the whole night, I'll let you know well in advance."
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:11 pm

"So... you want me to reduce the time I spend with you?"

She appeared a bit flustered.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:20 pm

Marvin stroked the ghoul's cheek

"No, I want you to get onto a sleep cycle that keeps you healthy and alert. What do you think will help love?"
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:23 pm

"Well, for starters, if you are drinking my blood for what's in it as well as for sustenance, you'll get more out of natural sugars then you will with caffeine. That will help with the sleep. But if you think I am going to be asleep while you're up doing your thing, you have another thing coming."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:27 pm

"Then change your diet to suit you first, anything extra in your bloodstream is what I pick up on for a buzz, or a downer or a high. So regulate your blood how you feel is best" he smiled

"And I won't tell you to sleep during the night, but you might want to consider a nap cycle or something love. Maybe doze off for a couple hours around 3am or so. I'm usually deep into something around then anyway."
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:29 pm

She gave a nod and a light smile. "I'll consider it."

In woman-speak, it translates to, 'No, but thanks for the suggestion.'

"You have been working away all night. Hope everything is alright?"
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:35 pm

"Single man's habits are hard to break love, I'm sorry. You were so quiet with your book, and well just so adorable there curled up on the couch I didn't want to bother you. But I am now, and I'm all yours for the next few hours."
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:39 pm

"Shouldn't that be the other way around? I am here for you, remember?" She dog-eared a page in the book and closed and then closed the lid to her laptop. The book was carefully placed on top and she made sure they lined up perfectly.

Naomi then stretched her fingers and wiped the sleep from her eyes.

"What do you need this evening?"
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:44 pm

He smiled and softly ran a finger down her bare stomach

"I need to know how you are fitting in, adapting to your new life, what will make the transition easier. Would you like to meet others, get out more often? What do you think of Ren? Are you comfortable with your new place in life, and the demands I make of you?"
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:49 pm

"I fit in as I always have. Not really worried about that," she shrugged. Her stomach pulled in just slight at his touch, having not expected it.

"I don't know what would make the transition easier, to be honest. Or if that is even possible. I do what is needed-- I don't think there is an adjustment needed for that. I'm awkward around people-- not a people-person by any means. I would rather just... do my work. But if what you need is someone to be out and about, then I will do so."

She gave the last question a moment of thought.

"Ren was nice. I like her-- she seems genuine and friendly. And of course I am comfortable," she said determinedly.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:52 pm

He smiled, and continued to run a cold finger down her leg

"No, I am not always the most social person myself. I may need you to do daytime business, but by and large if you are content being here with me and the odd visitor, that is quite acceptable. Sooner or later some will question how I keep you, and I suspect Ren may be one of those. You may continue to be absent or wear clothing around visitors if you so desire, and how you wish with Ren should she visit to give you lessons."
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:55 pm

"It is not their place to question, is it?" Truly, the notion angered her... Though there was a moment of perplexity that washed over her face.

Of course, it was followed by a shiver and goosebumps on her flesh at his touch.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:00 am

"Well no..." he smiled softly as his finger continued to wander. Marvin enjoyed the reactions of the young woman who was still discovering her body

"But you know, some might raise an eyebrow, or ask questions as to why I keep you this way. I'll try to keep any such away from you though."
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:03 am

Was he determined to make her into a popsicle? Because that was quickly the course he was running. Not that she stopped him.

"But who are they to question what you do with your..." She hesitated, looking for the words. "With things that belong to you? Isn't this normal? Isn't this what they all do?"

Well, she didn't have anything to judge the situation by...
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:07 am

"Again, no they don't have any reason to tell me how to take care of my property. As for normal?" he shrugged "I've seen people treat their ghouls as utter garbage and contemptible, and others who lived with them as spouses. It varies depending on the vampire and the ghoul, and their situation."

Marvin smiled, and expending an effort to spend blood... why not, he would use Naomi's blood to warm himself enough to keep her from shivering at his touch. The irony was amusing.

"As for us, you do know I love and cherish you? You are so much more to me than a simple possession or a pet. Think of yourself as the cherished and prized concubine. Property yes, but valued highly and elevated to a high standing."

Or in her case, well she was just his pet and someone to build things he needed. But sometimes you had to say the right words to keep the pet happy.
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:13 am

"Concubine," she nodded as she said it, frowning and looking genuinely hurt.

"By definition, a concubine is someone who can't marry their 'mate' because of social standing... so I can't have it both ways. I'm either elevated or not. Just use the word you know you mean to use. At least it would be out in the open; the air cleared. It would make me feel better."

Obviously, that hurt.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:19 am

He sighed "I'm sorry Naomi. If you want me to say slave and property I will. The fact of the matter is, a concubine was a highly valued and often skilled slave, and was a polite way of saying so and defining a higher level of social standing among her class."

Marvin looked into her eyes "I know we discussed this before. You are property, a slave, and I keep you in an unusual but not unheard of fashion. And yes, I do it for my own pleasure and amusement, I took you from your regular life and bound you to me, making you mine for eternity." he paused expecting to see her break at some level

"But that doesn't mean you are without value, or that I do not care for you, or that you lack status and standing. In this world to a great degree you are an extension of myself. I am responsible for your behavior, and you can undertake some actions on my behalf. My standing determines how you are treated by others. But at the end of the day, yes. A slave to me. Does that make you feel better to have those words aired? And remember the great gift I bestowed upon you. The chance to embrace your visions and dreams and make them a reality, and continue doing so long after your contemporaries would have decayed into dust. "
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:22 am

There was no stopping the tears the flooded her face. But she nodded and smiled a grateful smile.

Snapping just a bit more, to say the least.

"Thank you, Marvin. You truly are a god, truly," it was hard to tell her intonation through her emotional state.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:25 am

He took a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped her face

Carefully Marvin took Naomi into his arms

"Shhh.... it's ok love. I'd rather you come to grips with this now, then not at all. There really is no easy way to do this."

After wiping her tears, he kissed her gently "I do care a lot for you, you know that right?"
Back to top Go down
Naomi Kurowski
Elder
Naomi Kurowski

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:26 am

"But you tread a thin line," she smiled weakly, leaning hard into him.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:30 am

Ahh clever ghoul was clever "Now see, that's what I love about you. You are quite smart. Yes, I do love. Some of it is to get you fully immersed into this culture and your new way of life. And some of it is doubtless me overcoming a long time of being alone. But we'll work it out together, right? So that we both are happy."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven   Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting her settled in - Marvin's Haven
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next