Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke Empty
PostSubject: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:02 am

He sat rather comfortably in the chair as he held the book open in his lap.

Peace. And quiet. Finally.

Last edited by Storyteller on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Alex Rourke
Methuselah
Alex Rourke

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:06 am

Alex had arrived at the location, just as the prince had requested, at the time. He looked over the home, taking note of the architecture, the state of the grounds, and the condition of the property as he approached and made himself known with a knock.
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:09 am

The young woman who answered the door was affixed with a polite smile.

"Oh, Mister Rourke. Come right in, he's waiting for you in the study."

She turned to lead him through what was a modest home, though it didn't look very lived-in. It somehow still managed to seem open and friendly.
Back to top Go down
Alex Rourke
Methuselah
Alex Rourke

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:12 am

Alex followed the woman to the study, noting the simplicity and humble construction of the home, and as he moved closer to the study, images, sounds and scents combined in his mind to form memories. After a moment, he shook his head, freeing himself from the past as they came upon the study.
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:13 am

The Scot looked up as they entered the room. It was comfortably furnished, but for once, he didn't rise.

"Och, Alex. Thank ye for comin'."
Back to top Go down
Alex Rourke
Methuselah
Alex Rourke

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:15 am

Alex approached the Prince and was more than content to let him stay seated as Alex offered his hand, "No trouble at all, Jamie. What can I do for you?"
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:20 am

He looked at the hand for a moment, then took it with a firm grip. It wasn't a show of strength really, just a firm handshake.

"Have a seat."

He smiled and closed the book in his lap.

"I've got a bit of business I wish t' discuss wi' ye, but it needs t' be kept quiet."
Back to top Go down
Alex Rourke
Methuselah
Alex Rourke

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:22 am

Alex returned the handshake and took a seat across from Jamie, as he spoke, Jamie's accent once again began to coax the Irishman's from within the sea that was the American amalgamation, "Alright, I'm all ears. What can I do for ya?"
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:25 am

He looked around and waved a hand.

"As ye can likely guess, my Domain is growin'. How th' bloody hell tha' keeps happening, I'll never guess. But, it keeps growing."

He shook his head.

"An' as it grows, it comes t' my attention tha' there are certain positions I'll need t' fill, since this is becomin' a right proper Camarilla city. Th' problem is, ye see, there's verra few people here I can trust. Nay tha' I worry about my position - nobody seems disposed t' argue tha' one - but in other matters."
Back to top Go down
Alex Rourke
Methuselah
Alex Rourke

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:27 am

Alex nodded, "Alright, what can I do to help out you and your city?"
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:29 am

He leaned back in his chair.

"Well, I'll admit, I dinna ken which I need t' fill more. Keeper of Elysium or Spymaster, at this point. Both ha' their merits, but hardly anyone comes t' Elysium other than t' see me anyway, an' I practically live there. Th' last Spymaster I had was less than useless, an' in truth, was put in th' position more for me t' keep an eye on him so he'd stop using his powers of th' blood on my people."

He tilted his head.

"Would ye be interested in either of those?"
Back to top Go down
Alex Rourke
Methuselah
Alex Rourke

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:41 am

Alex was quiet for a long moment, his mind clearly working out the question, "The issue I see with a Keeper is that it's an impotent position as best most folks can tell. A Keepers hands are bound as far as doling out consequences, by the very laws he's to uphold. A Keeper can remove status, but he can't strike or otherwise punish those who break the law of Elysium and let's face it, some people, myself included, don't really give a damn about status."

He paused for a moment before continuing.

"As for the position of spymaster, I'm curious as to what all of that might entail. I know what it's entailed in other cities and for other Princes. Some spymasters exist only to monitor the society and report directly to a prince while others are the very hand of justice, a kind of secret internal affairs officer that moves amongst a city's population, staking or, in some cases, destroying vampires who are deemed too dangerous to the domain. My question for you is, how do you interpret the position of Spymaster?"
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:43 am

He smiled.

"Aye, th' Keeper is an impotent position, an' I've nay needed one thus far. Which is why I mention it mostly in passing. However, th' Spymaster would be a bit more important, to me. I've a Sheriff, I hope t' have a Scourge again soon, an' th' Primogen, o' course. But th' job description would be t' see an' report t' me, an' should I need something done, get it done. Destruction or punishment, as I would see fit. Though it's rare for me t' order one destroyed. It's a waste when ye do tha."
Back to top Go down
Alex Rourke
Methuselah
Alex Rourke

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:53 am

Alex nodded, "The issue with that sort of spymaster and myself Jamie is that I know myself all too well. Irish blood runs through my veins and I know that I won't always be able to stay my hand. It's what got me into this mess in the first place, nigh three centuries ago. Capable as I may be, I don't think I'd be the best choice for the job."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:55 am

He grinned.

"Aye, I ken an Irish temper. I'm a Scot, lad. It's also no about bein' th' best for th' job, but bein' capable."

He grinned again.

"Surely ye are no goin' t' tell me ye are incapable?"
Back to top Go down
Alex Rourke
Methuselah
Alex Rourke

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:58 am

"Aye, I'm capable, I just worry about what happens when I make the mistake o' actin' before I come and speak to ya because I know it's gonna happen eventually."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:02 am

He grinned again.

"Aye. Tha' be why God created cellular phones, lad."
Back to top Go down
Alex Rourke
Methuselah
Alex Rourke

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:05 am

Alex grinned, "Fair enough. Just know that there may be time when I can'no call ya, for what ever reason and I may be forace to make a snap call then and there."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 12:43 pm

He continued to just smile.

"Aye. Ye get five free 'whoops' moments per year, then. Aye?"
Back to top Go down
Alex Rourke
Methuselah
Alex Rourke

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:32 pm

Alex smiled, "Fair enough. I'll tell ya now though that if someone's swinging at me, I'm gonna put 'em down and depending on how they're swinging at me, I may have to do it in a permanent fashion."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:39 pm

His answer was simple.

"Oops."
Back to top Go down
Alex Rourke
Methuselah
Alex Rourke

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:42 pm

Alex just laughed. "Alright, I'll take the job. Is there anyone is specific yer worried about or that ya feel bears lookin' into?"
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:48 pm

He just gave Alex a blank look.

"D' ye think there's anyone who should be excepted from this, lad?"
Back to top Go down
Alex Rourke
Methuselah
Alex Rourke

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Alex laughed softly, it was a good natured laugh, "No, I was wondering if there was anyone that you were more worried about than any others."
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Methuselah
Jamie

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 2:06 pm

He shook his head.

"Not really. It's more tha' I dinna have th' time t' keep an eye on anyone personally. Wha', wi' three ghouls, a wife, a protective Granny an' bein' Prince, I'm a wee bit swamped."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke   Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scotsman and Irishman: The Right Way -- Jamie/Alex Rourke
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next